First 2010 Olympic Store Opens At Airport

Vancouver 2010 Olympic Store Grand Opening at YVR

VANCOUVER, July 16 /CNW/ - The Vancouver Organizing Committee for the

2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games (VANOC) and Vancouver Airport

Authority are hosting a special event at the new Olympic Store at the

Vancouver International Airport (YVR). The Olympic Store is the first of six

that will be opening over the coming months at YVR.

<<

What: Olympic Store grand opening

When: Thursday, July 17, 2008

10:00 am (Pacific Time)

Where: YVR, International Terminal: Departures Level 3

(beside food court)

3211 Grant Mcconachie Way, Richmond

Who: Caley Denton, Vice President, Ticketing and Consumer Marketing,

VANOC

Tony Gugliotta, Senior Vice President of Marketing and

Commercial Development, YVR

>>

Photo opportunities: 2010 mascots - Sumi, Miga and Quatchi; Olympic and

Paralympic merchandise; VANOC/YVR executives and partners.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive...8/16/c5321.html

When they say "one of six" does that mean six Olympic stores in general, six Olympic stores at YVR, or six new stores in general at YVR?

Wonder where other stores will be, outside of the airport? Obvious locations are Downtown (near or on Robson, in PC, or the re-developing Granville theatre block) and Whistler. But others? Maybe Metrotown or even other cities like Victoria, Kelowna, or even Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, and Calgary.

When they say "one of six" does that mean six Olympic stores in general, six Olympic stores at YVR, or six new stores in general at YVR?

Wonder where other stores will be, outside of the airport? Obvious locations are Downtown (near or on Robson, in PC, or the re-developing Granville theatre block) and Whistler. But others? Maybe Metrotown or even other cities like Victoria, Kelowna, or even Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, and Calgary.

Quoting from the Official 2010 site ...

Four additional Olympic Stores are scheduled to open at YVR in the coming months in both the Domestic and International terminals. All stores are expected to open by early October 2008 and will be open seven days a week from 8:30 am to 7:30 pm. The Olympic Stores accept Visa products and cash only.

Despite what some people believe, these stores do sell some quality merchandise.

First at YVR ???

I was there (i mean, in the Airport) in october 2007 and already visited a shop totally dedicated to official 2010 products...

I need to check the store at Canada Olympic Park where I am, but I thought I have seen some Vancouver 2010 merchandise on sale already over there. So, I think the answer has already been mentioned in that first post by mr.x that there will be SIX such stores just in YVR alone.