I'm Going To Visit Chicago

My parents are on a vacation for two weeks in Chicago. My dad isn't into Olympics but I just wanted to find out more about the city.

Anything you would like to know?

*sigh* I wish I was going. Get out of this cesspool they call San Francisco.

Oh please, LA84. Life is what you make it.

There are millions out there who would trade places with you to get to live in the Bay Area. :rolleyes:

Cool - take over my mortgage and they can have it. B)

• 4 weeks later...
My parents are on a vacation for two weeks in Chicago. My dad isn't into Olympics but I just wanted to find out more about the city.

I didn't get to find out more information about olympic games when I was in vacation. Oh well. At least I have to see the Chicago 2016 website.

I wish I had seen this sooner (have been absent from the boards for awhile) because I was in Chicago a couple of months ago and the Chicago architecture foundation had a tour of proposed venues for Chicago 2016. I think it was just for that particular weekend though but the foundation seemed to be a strong supporter and ally of the bid so they may have had some more information for you.

I didn't get to find out more information about olympic games when I was in vacation. Oh well. At least I have to see the Chicago 2016 website.

I just wrote a letter to Chicago 2016, I feel their web site SUCK. Particularly after the short list was announced they put some horribl graphics in there and removed the great "athlete" graphics they have used previously. The have GOT TO get a better web design, it's such a turn off, and the content isn't very interesting.

Here is some of the GOOD STUFF!

Chicago2016-732377.jpg

Archived