Sign in to follow this  
amuller33

Is There A List Of Nations Competing In Each Event?

Here, I will make some suggestion as to which events to watch to see some countries:

Archery: since you already have to watch it for Bhutan, its also your chance to mark down Myanmar and Iraq if you watch the men's competition or Mauritius and Tajikistan if you watch the women's competition. Watching the women competition will also let you see a sportswomen from Iran (rare sight indeed...).

Badminton: Seychelles is in the mixed doubles draw.

Basketball: Since you are from the US, I would recommend watching the Angola - USA game in the men's competition (your second best chance to see Angola is in women's Handball).

Boxing: So many countries its impossible to name them all.

Canoing (Slalom): Togo and Macedonia in the men's K1, Andorra in the women's K1.

Canoing (Flatwater): Senegal and Samoa in the men's K1 1000m, Guam in the men's C1 1000m.

Cycling: Estonia in the men's match sprint, Moldova in the men's individual pursuit, El Salvador in the women's pursuit, Ecuador in men's BMX

Fencing: Burkina Faso in the men's sabre (also an alternative place to see Senegal), Panama in the women's épée, Peru in women's sabre.

Football: the men's Football tournament should be the best to see Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire and Honduras. The women's tournament is also a good place to see North Korea.

List to be finished later.

Really looking forward to see how Samoa does in the mens K1 1000M! Should be fantastic

To answer my own question....the sports illustrated website has a listing of each nation and it competitors. Not sure how complete it is but I narrowed my list down to 1!!!!

Dominica

anyone have who if anyone they are sending. -- All I found was an article about a 400 m runner who may be going...

Link to SI

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/olympics/.../country/a.html

AJ

Thanks man -- now the hard -- devising the schedule that will allow me to watch all 205 countries. its tough as I have a full time job and twin babies at home. Luckily the wife is a bigger olympic fanatic than I and will taping nearly everything NBC and its partners show. Though I'm gonna have to rely on the live feeds for many of the countries. Lucky for me 100 M preliminaries are in primetime here in Texas. Half my task will be done that night.

AJ

First day down -- well day and a half in China and 53 nations down. only 152 to go....

so far everything has been live, but I'm going to have to start watching taped events soon == I got a job to go to on Monday!''

AJ

Sign in to follow this