Spectator Guide Beijing 2008

Does someone know where we can download the official spectator guide ?

They said they wikk released it in 8 versions....

Does someone know where we can download the official spectator guide ?

They said they wikk released it in 8 versions....

When I got the tickets I got also a card where was standing to download the guide from the spectator section of Beijing 2008 website. But when I watched there I could not find it, very strange.

It is still a month out from the Games. I hope it is on the site in the next week or so as I need to plan those transport links to finalise what events I go to and what tickets I give away.

The Torino guide only went up two weeks before the Opening Ceremony. I dont recall if Athens posted theirs at all - but did have a great section concerning getting around, etc.

Sydney posted their spectator guide (it is still online) and I dont think SLC did.

I was also told an English-language version was downloadable, but could not find it on the website--it obviously doesn't exist yet. At this point, who knows if BOCOG will even bother putting one up--with the tight ticket and visa restrictions, they may figure only a dozen foreigners will be showing up for the Games anyway so why bother? B) I've got hard copy of the actual publication, but it's Chinese-language only although the graphics of the information is quite understandable even if you can't read the verbiage. If no English version (downloadable or otherwise) is issued, at least try to get your hands on a Chinese version when you get to Beijing.

It is still a month out from the Games. I hope it is on the site in the next week or so as I need to plan those transport links to finalise what events I go to and what tickets I give away.

<...snip>

Puppy, if you are concerned about transport options and whether you can the timing work between events/venues/etc, please email me (in my profile) with your preferred daily event schedule, also any specific questions. I've already done this for one GB'er who needed to make the same kind of judgment calls on the feasibility of moving from event to event in a timely manner. And identified a couple of spots where he had some non-workable back-to-back event combinations, and where he had to make a decision to leave event early or arrive late at next event (or get rid of tickets). This goes for any GB'er attending the Games who may be reading this and feels they need an opinion. I'm quite familiar with many of the venues and just about anything having to do with transportation options between them. As well as how long it takes to walk from venue to transport, and to get through security at various places--these items can eat up real time and need to be included in your planning.

I'll PM you later jiejie - thanks for the offer.

As for the spectator guide - BOCOG will relaunch their website in the next week or so to the 'games-time' website that will feature the results, competitor info, spectator guides etc. I dont have the exact date this will happen but it will be within the next -oh - 4 weeks or so! Hahahaha!

When I got the tickets I got also a card where was standing to download the guide from the spectator section of Beijing 2008 website. But when I watched there I could not find it, very strange.

I will only get my tickets in Beijing on the 8th august... And my official national retailler has currently no idea about this guide...

Beijing Spectator Guide

I assume you have all found this by now?? :)

Nice call, Puppy. They just put that on the website. I just downloaded it and did a cursory comparison with the Chinese hard copy version--it looks identical. The only thing missing that the hard copy has is a spiffy pull-out, detachable bus/subway map of Beijing with the venues and Olympic special bus routes shown. Guess you'll have to get yours when you arrive in Beijing!

The Torino guide only went up two weeks before the Opening Ceremony. I dont recall if Athens posted theirs at all - but did have a great section concerning getting around, etc.

I received the torino one at the beginning of January with my tickets (in Europe, we received directily tickets from TOROC), so one month before the Games

Unbelievable. Did you see the reserved seats in the Watercube? It's the whole Nord side. So 8,500 seats reserved and 8,500 seats for the spectators. 75% for the Chinese people, so only 2125 left for the rest of the world. Now I understand why there are only 10 tickets for each country average for swimming sessions.

I first had that message as well. But I downloaded the document over and over again. And after maybe 30 or 40 times it worked. So now I have the whole file.

I managed to download it at my first try, using a software mananing download session...

One appendix is missing...

The one is the transport's maps and details.

Does any one have details about the olympic bus lines (with stops) ?

I downloaded it completely and without damage or error message on the first try, but then I'm based in China same as the BOCOG server. I suspect that the problems came from the overloaded internet traffic between China and the rest of the world. The foldout maps of some venue areas that are in the Chinese hard copy guide are not included in the downloaded version. The detachable bus and bus stop map (Chinese language only) is also not available as download. You may just have to pick up one of these when you arrive in Beijing, I'm sure there will be plenty floating around, though not sure about English--it's not that hard to follow the graphics, though. Maybe even available at the airport--there is supposed to be a big Olympic info desk with handouts at the Arrivals area.