9.77 For Tyson Gay At The Trials

Gay ran it in the quarterfinals too, so he can probably do even better. The funny thing is it came a round after he was almost eliminated because he misjudged the finish line and pulled up early. I'd guess he was trying extra hard to be impressive in the quarterfinal.

As for Beijing, I don't see Powell winning gold, mainly because he has yet to be truly impressive in a major meet (just look at how he got dusted in the '07 Worlds and then admitted to being nervous afterward). Bolt is the real deal, though. I think either he or Gay will win the gold. It might be a biased pick, but I'm going with Tyson Gay.

As for the American women, their 100m competitors are set for Beijing: Muna Lee (1st, in a mild surprise), Torri Edwards (2nd) and Lauryn Williams (3rd). I think it'll be Veronica Campbell's race in Beijing.

As for the American women, their 100m competitors are set for Beijing: Muna Lee (1st, in a mild surprise), Torri Edwards (2nd) and Lauryn Williams (3rd). I think it'll be Veronica Campbell's race in Beijing.

No, it won't be Veronica Campbell's race in Beijing: she finished fourth in the Jamaican Olympic trials... Even thought she ran 10.88...

Probably upset by Baron Pierre interrogation :lol: , Tyson Gay will not participate in the 200m event in Beijing.

He fall during the quarter-finals at the US Trials.

Here's the full story :

http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/athletics/story...letics-gay.html

Edited by Chateau Petrus