Beijing Olympic Venues

I received my first tickets. But I don't know where in the venues my seats will be. I'd like to know it.

I know where the different categories are in the venues, but not the sections, aisles etc. Does someone have detailed seating charts?

Maybe if people find pictures from other venues, for example when the look of the Games has been applied in the coming weeks, also post it here.

I received my first tickets. But I don't know where in the venues my seats will be. I'd like to know it.

I know where the different categories are in the venues, but not the sections, aisles etc. Does someone have detailed seating charts?

Maybe if people find pictures from other venues, for example when the look of the Games has been applied in the coming weeks, also post it here.

I have never seen the really detailed seating charts on the internet. I've attended Good Luck Beijing events in some of the venues and while there, made up my own sketches showing sections/aisles/rows/etc. (OK weird but I'm an architect and we do things like this...) Which venues are you curious about?

I have never seen the really detailed seating charts on the internet. I've attended Good Luck Beijing events in some of the venues and while there, made up my own sketches showing sections/aisles/rows/etc. (OK weird but I'm an architect and we do things like this...) Which venues are you curious about?

Until now I have a ticket for the National Aquatics Centre, National Stadium, Shunyi Rowing and Hockey stadium pitches A and B.

Until now I have one ticket for the National Aquatics Centre, one for the National stadium, a few for the Shunyi rowing park and a lot for the hockey pitches A and B.

Until now I have one ticket for the National Aquatics Centre, one for the National stadium, a few for the Shunyi rowing park and a lot for the hockey pitches A and B.

I don't have a scanner handy to pass along my sketch, but I'll give you information to make your own for the Water Cube. First, go to the official website and look at the chart, which is quite accurate as to what's really there. Aquatics Center. Print it out and note as follows:

Above the pool is the north stands, below the pool is the south stands. Start at the top of the NORTH stands--the orange and yellow sections--and label left to right as follows with the aisles dividing the sections: 216-215-214-213-212-211-210-209. 216 and 209 are the skinny half-sections. Then starting with the blue sections under that: 116-115-114-113-112-111-110-109. The 1XX sections are divided into upper (the T shaped part) and the lower, smaller rectangle part. Ignore the very narrow sections on the pool deck--those are not for public sale or access. Now go to the SOUTH stands below the pools. Beginning with the leftmost blue section and going right: 101-102-103-104-105-106-107-108, with 101 and 108 being the skinnies. And then below that: 201-202-203-204-205-206-207-208.

At the Good Luck Beijing events, the public was only in the south stands, so my row/seat numbering is from there, but the north stands are fairly symmetrical so should be the same. Again ignoring the very narrow sections on the pool deck, the rows closest to the pool start at #1 and go to #7. Then a horizontal cross aisle with wheelchair and companion seating. Then the next T-shaped section, rows 10-24. Then another major cross aisle, then the upper section rows 27-50. In the full sections (not the end ones), seating per row is 27 seats across. In the south stands, seat #1 is on the west (left) on the aisle, and seat #27 is on the east end, next to the following aisle. The skinny end sections taper a bit, but have between 7 and 12 seats across depending on how far back you are. Safety railing could be an annoyance in rows 1-2, 10-11, 24-25.

The section/row/seats will of course stay the same across all events. What will change is which sections are A vs. B vs. C, depending on which pool is in use. I made a detailed report on this, with my opinion on sightlines/desireability, a few months back. You may find it helpful. Water Cube Report

National Stadium: The diagram shown above is correct as to section but not very detailed. Section A is the "VIP" premier seating and is centered in front of the sprint straightaway. Section G is directly opposite on the "backstretch." Section D is the south end center, and Section K the north end center. Cross-check the diagram above against the official category map for athletics (football final and ceremonies are somewhat different), look at Birds Nest.

Each Section slices all the way up from field to top of stadium. Each section is big enough to have multiple vertical aisles. Your ticket for this venue should first show the section, then the tier (1 is the lower level, 2 the middle, 3 the upper). The aisle is the next number...and my notes aren't handy...but as I recall they start at aisle 101 (at VIP Section A) and are consecutively numbered up to about aisle 156 in Section M. On the second tier, aisles are numbered 201-256, etc. etc. Using the first tier as an example, Section A is approximately between aisles 101 and 105, Section D (center/end zone) approximately aisles 114-120, Section G (center opposite side) aisles 129-133, Section K (opposite end zone) aisles 142-147. Other sections/aisles in between. The Sections sometimes split BETWEEN aisles and are divided by vertical railings.

In the lower Tier 1, rows start at #1 closest to the field, and go back to 30-something, as I recall. Back row is primarily companion seating for wheelchair spots which are on the concourse. In middle Tier 2, rows start at #1 on the railing, and go back up to row 24. I do not know the 3rd tier, as test events did not use or permit access to that area. The section/aisles up there will be similar, but rows highly variable (more in the center, fewer at the ends), which you can see from the official layout. Number of seats varies a bit per row depending on tier and section, but using Tier 1 as an example, typically an aisle will split the sequence so seats 1-10 are on one side of the aisle, while seats 11-20 are on the other side of the aisle. All consecutively numbered, starting over per section.

Thank you Jiejie, this is very useful.

I think in the Aquatics centre I have a place something too high for the event.

I've been to multiple events in the Water Cube, and tried out the seating in different areas. Tell me the event--swimming, sync swimming, springboard diving or platform diving, also the Section, Row and Seat, and I'll give you my opinion. You can email or PM me if you prefer.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have a seating chart for the Olympic Green Tennis Centre Court? I've got tickets and would like an idea as to where I'm sitting.

Thanks.

I have a PDF-file with the seating chart. If you give your e-mailaddres in a PM I will send this file to you.