Lillehammer 2012 Bid Book

Didn't have much time to read it.

Not much surprise though. Obviously good reuse of the 1994 venues that are still in great shape. Very little risk in getting ready for 2012.

The plan is a little spread out compared to current standard but that has to be expected when it comes to Winter Games (if you come to think about it, with its ice venues spread between Lillehammer and Hamar, a new Lillehammer bid would probably have a difficult time against the new trend of having one ice cluster and one snow cluster).

Haven't had time yet to go through the Cultural and Education part, which is quite important for the YOG.

Very solid technical plan plus great memories of the winterland atmosphere of 1994.

I will state the obvious: it will be between Lillehammer and Innsbruck (muc

Tromso has no hope, Norway's next games will be in Trondheim.

I don't think the IOC will give the games to Lillehammer, just like they didn't give the 2010 to Moscow. I think Finland is on course to host their first Olympic event since 1952.

I don't think the IOC will give the games to Lillehammer, just like they didn't give the 2010 to Moscow. I think Finland is on course to host their first Olympic event since 1952.

I am quite eager to discover the Finnish bid.

However, I have the feeling that Innsbruck could very well get them: a technically strong bid together with a consolation for four consecutive failed Austrian bids could get them the Games.

Archived