It Will Not Be So Easy For Liu Xiang

Big favorite for winning the gold at the 110m hurdles (he won at Athens 2004, and he is the current world champion) in his own country, Liu Xiang will have big competition.

Dayron Robles from Cuba just broke yesterday Liu's world record in Prague with a time of 12,87

I'm happy to have ticket for that event.

Big favorite for winning the gold at the 110m hurdles (he won at Athens 2004, and he is the current world champion) in his own country, Liu Xiang will have big competition.

Dayron Robles from Cuba just broke yesterday Liu's world record in Prague with a time of 12,87

I'm happy to have ticket for that event.

It will be a nerve-breaking event! What is the date of it?

It will be a nerve-breaking event! What is the date of it?

August 21.

By the way, it's curious that there's still no detailed competition schedule available on the Beijing 2008 website. There's only a detailed list on the ticket website (that's also where I have the information about the 110 m hurdles' date from):

http://www.tickets.beijing2008.cn/browse?c...4&offset=10

Meanwhile, there's still only the old general synopsis of events on the actual Beijing 2008 website:

http://en.beijing2008.cn/cptvenues/schedule/

Or have I overlooked something?

August 21.

By the way, it's curious that there's still no detailed competition schedule available on the Beijing 2008 website. There's only a detailed list on the ticket website (that's also where I have the information about the 110 m hurdles' date from):

http://www.tickets.beijing2008.cn/browse?c...4&offset=10

Meanwhile, there's still only the old general synopsis of events on the actual Beijing 2008 website:

http://en.beijing2008.cn/cptvenues/schedule/

Or have I overlooked something?

There is a detailed schedule. On the second link that you have there (the official Beijing website), scroll down to the bottom where it says Download the Competition Schedule. Or click the link below. This doesn't have an exact breakdown of each session, but it does give all of the times for everything, so that should be a start.

Competition Schedule (by session) Version 2.09

There is a detailed schedule. On the second link that you have there (the official Beijing website), scroll down to the bottom where it says Download the Competition Schedule. Or click the link below. This doesn't have an exact breakdown of each session, but it does give all of the times for everything, so that should be a start.

Competition Schedule (by session) Version 2.09

But I wasn't looking for the time slots in which the competitions take place, but for the precise date of each particular medal event (for example the men's 110 m hurdles).

Olympian, wikipedia has it all in each sports section.

I know that there are schedules on other websites. I only said that I found it curious that such a detailed schedule can't be found at the place you'd expect it most, the Beijing 2008 website.

But I wasn't looking for the time slots in which the competitions take place, but for the precise date of each particular medal event (for example the men's 110 m hurdles).

Here's the link to Wikipedia's page for Athletics, it has the dates and times for each of the events. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see links to pages for other sports, many of which contain a breakdown of dates and times for those events.

Athletics at the 2008 Summer Olympics

I hope he doesn't and I certainly hope he doesn't lose to a pinko commie Cuban either.

One of the best things about Berlin was the Black American beating the perfect German under Hitler's nose, now its time for some black/white/Japanese person to win the pinnacle event of these games under the noise of 1 billion very misinformed Chinese people. Saving face is not on the cards for China this year.

Ya...

Anyway, regardless who you are rooting for, the 110mH should be THE most exiting event of the Beijing 2008 Olympics.

I know that there are schedules on other websites. I only said that I found it curious that such a detailed schedule can't be found at the place you'd expect it most, the Beijing 2008 website.

I agree with you... I was thinking the exact same thing the other day

I hope he doesn't and I certainly hope he doesn't lose to a pinko commie Cuban either.

One of the best things about Berlin was the Black American beating the perfect German under Hitler's nose, now its time for some black/white/Japanese person to win the pinnacle event of these games under the noise of 1 billion very misinformed Chinese people. Saving face is not on the cards for China this year.

For a lot of reasons, I'm with Faster on this. I lucked out getting tickets to the event, and probably can't resist going just to see what happens.