London 2012 Mascot Design Contest

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are not mascots, they are monsters!

The mascots are great (I like the shape and the idea at all)... But IMO there is only one problem: an eye missing...

Well... I like Cobi (the Barcelona 92 mascot) and he had no arms...

So... I can handle the eye-missing problem about London mascots and start to like them... :)

(well, it's missing nose, mouth and the rest of face things, I can live with this too)

Here are the Vancouver Mascots with their adoring fans after their ice show. Vanoc did a good job by creating the mascots ice show during the Olympic, a bit corny but the kids went crazy everytime they see the mascots. I wonder if the London mascot will have their live show also.

The one eye thing is just creepy. that space would have been better used as a face. Otherwise, they are interesting little critters, but with only one eye and no mouth, they just come off as more scary than inspiring.

I wish someone had pointed out that it resembles Lisa Simpson giving head at the design stage - then it would never have been commissioned.

well i see phallic undertones in the first mascot, so i wonder if there isn't some bawdy subliminal theme running through the london 2012 imagery.

Im also pretty glad they didnt go for the obvious, the Vancouver mascots were cute but didnt move the concept on really. Londons doing things differently and people dont like it, they like to feel safe and cosy with their dancing figure logos and their cuddly animal mascots. Get over it people, the Olympics need to move on and London is doing that.

Sounds like the mascots are getting big media coverage around the world though, brilliant.

And not when a guy you grew up with died trying to save others.

And not when your brother very nearly got splattered doing the same thing.

And not when millions of people were victims of a genocide that has decimated your community.

Short version: whether you're stoopid or mean=spirited is really besides the point. By the time you put that "collection" together common sense should've kicked in.

agreed!!

Im also pretty glad they didnt go for the obvious, the Vancouver mascots were cute but didnt move the concept on really. Londons doing things differently and people dont like it, they like to feel safe and cosy with their dancing figure logos and their cuddly animal mascots. Get over it people, the Olympics need to move on and London is doing that.

Get over the fact that most people think the logo and mascots are ****.

Archived