London 2012 Mascot Design Contest

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mr. x,

I think it is totally "inappropriate" to combine the two mascots with pictures of the burning WTC...

Or with pictures of Adolf Hitler...

Where is your sense of humour?

Funniest thing I have seen on this website in years... it was genius.

Okay. Let's get serious here. I would imagine any member from the British Isles would be head-over-heels pleased with these things but really? Is this a tribute to the World of the Cyclops or something? Not liking them at all!

I was expecting the worst but I actually quite like them. They work far better in animation form than as a costume.

Love their names - a great idea!

True about the animation form, but I worry how well that will work...

the logo was supposed to be an animated 'icon' for the digital age, and we're still waiting for it's marvel.

Unfortunately, comedy must cross those 'red lines' ... otherwise, comedians/comedy would become redundant.

Though I am sorry for your loss.

yeah, I know Michelle

thanks - he died in the tower, which collapsed first, but was hit second.

He called his wife after the first tower was hit and told her that he is O.K. - minutes later the second plane crashed into the tower just few/one levels below his office - two month later his widow killed herself, since she couldn't stand it anymore to be alone...

Later I had to "learn" that most of his colleagues in his level survived the impact and tried to escape to the top of the building, since the heat was too strong - just 18 people survived, who were in the section above the impact in the south tower...

yeah, I know Michelle

thanks - he died in the tower, which collapsed first, but was hit second.

That day still haunts...

Sometimes laughter can help ease the pain. Though... I am not naive, I understand the pain is still raw.

It was more the idea that the masoct was some kind of 'alien invader' that I found most amusing, rather than it's target.

the logo was supposed to be an animated 'icon' for the digital age, and we're still waiting for it's marvel.

I'm still waiting for the logo to grow on me - but I still dislike it today as much as I did 3 years ago.sad.gif

That day still haunts...

Sometimes laughter can help ease the pain. Though... I am not naive, I understand the pain is still raw.

It was more the idea that the masoct was some kind of 'alien invader' that I found most amusing, rather than it's target.

I do undestand what you mean, Michelle

Archived