London 2012 Mascot Design Contest

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, i gotta say that, although these mascots are WEIRD as hell, i loved the video. It was very cute. After the recent info we got i knew they were gonna look alienish so i'm not that surprised :lol: ...i guess i'll give it a chance to grow on me. At least they're better than Izzy.

Also, i like the names since they are tributes to UK olympic history.

Finally they done something right. The official site have them in different colours. Love the union jack one, similar concept with the logo, they can change 'clothes' according to different events I guess.....

These mascots are fucking HIDEOUS. God London, first the crappy logo and now this? It's like they were trying to outdo themselves is the ugly department, and they succeeded! This is right up there (or down there) with Atlanta's Izzy. Seriously.

Oh well. At least the mascots are totally unimportant and marginal. I'm sure the Games themselves will be great, and the Olympic Park is going to be beautiful.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA!

Wow, what rubbish. Cold and creepy. Made of metal with one blinking eye? Like some sort of Dr. Who and Disney creation experiment gone terribly wrong. Perhaps Who's hermaphrodite hexapod Alpha Centauri from the early 1970s got it on with Cogsworth the clock from 1991's Beauty and the Beast?

250px-AlphaCentauriBodyShot.jpgcogsworth.gif

But if a bear can get it on with a whale for Vancouver, why can't a one-eyed alien get down with a clock? LOL!

After watching the video, I got to say I love them. They looked more sinister than they actually are.

I like the design of Wenlock a bit more than Mandeville, though.

Well done, London. It's time to change my signature!

I like them :)

They kept it partly Tradisional with the names and the London Black Cab headlights and as far as the youth go - being modern is the way forward rather than "boring" tradition. The video clips were cute as well. I wish the mascot suits would be more Chrome-like like the statues on the show though.

But all in all - pleased!

I hope they do cuddly toy versions though, only thing I dont like is Wenlock's ring bracelets - a bit too izzy for me that one, but otherwise they are really awesome and I think kids will love them.

OK...so there was the double-decker bus at the Handover; then the Tube map for the pictograms; the cab lites on the mascots; then people are encouraged to get to the venues in boats (in anticipation of the Great Flood of 2012).

When do we get to see the Underground trains? Reserved for the Opening Ceremony?

Can-openers and salt-&-pepper shakers = Great idea.

Thanks. Am an old-fashioned 'ideas' guy. But hey, I should get a percentage on those.

I really thought they were going to be like those kids in "Children of the Damned."

Archived