Why Are My Post Subjected To Reviews?

Funny how these so-called international events designed for brotherhood and unviersal harmony bring out enmity, resentment and discord instead. :blink: Maybe it's time to rethink them or shut them down.

@Michelle, at the end of the day and after all these long diatribes, phony 'james' is still a provocative troll who wasn't particularly funny NOR a 17-year old at all. If you can't put that in perspective, then I suggest you toning down your 'uber-self-righteous' values pulsating on steroids. They're banned from the Olympics yaknow...

All of a sudden this board has just taken a chill.

We can't on one hand, condemn James (irrespective of who he or she is) for the homophobic rants, and on the other, condone your racially motivated hate threads of the previous few weeks.

This isn't about being self-righteous, it's about being fair. You have some nerve criticizing anyone on these boards for being "provocative". You're not the victim here.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We can't on one hand, condemn James (irrespective of who he or she is) for the homophobic rants, and on the other, condone your racially motivated hate threads of the previous few weeks.

This isn't about being self-righteous, it's about being fair. You have some nerve criticizing anyone on these boards for being "provocative". You're not the victim here.

I do have nerve... and verve. :)

You know...it's not like someone has snatched the Magna Carta and the collective psyche has all of a sudden been plunged into a deep, dark, total funk of what 'human rights' are. :rolleyes: This is about ONE, read ONE TROLL, who honestly contributed nothing particularly illuminating or discerning to the board.

How you could put with such crap -- in the name of 'fairness" for such a trivial entity -- is hard to understand. And it's precisely very self-righteous, bleeding heart liberals like yourself that throws everything fun out of kilter and casts this whole PC pall over things.

Besides, after this 'much needed R&R,' I'm sure 'james' is scheming again to come up with some 'benign' persona and worm his/its insiduous way back into the thread --- and then of course, you and your cohorts would fall into the same trap again. Sigh.

It's not like this is an exclusive MENSA/Nobel winners board and one great Einstein mind was suddenly silenced, ya know. :rolleyes:

and guess what Stu this will be a huge shock to you and your fellow countrymen here . The best boss I ever had that I respect as a total human being is a GAY BRITISH cruise director.

Your best boss was BRITISH???? Hey,steady on Jim...I'm finding that one really hard to grasp.You're just teasing us now..aren't you..go on admit it LOL!!

That is why I press for a Commonwealth Games in Abuja. because I have seen the other side of the coin and there are very very good people in that country who deserve way better then the crap I see flung at them on a daily basis. If you personally experience an pain at the hands of hate then it really does matter the reason for that.

jim jones

Well,considering the endless crap you see fit to fling at us Brits on a daily basis...I begin to see what it feels like being the victims of mindless racism and endless prejudice LOL!!

You're such a good teacher,Jim ROTFWL!!

I do have nerve... and verve. :)

You know...it's not like someone has snatched the Magna Carta and the collective psyche has all of a sudden been plunged into a deep, dark, total funk of what 'human rights' are. :rolleyes: This is about ONE, read ONE TROLL, who honestly contributed nothing particularly illuminating or discerning to the board.

How you could put with such crap -- in the name of 'fairness" for such a trivial entity -- is hard to understand. And it's precisely very self-righteous, bleeding heart liberals like yourself that throws everything fun out of kilter and casts this whole PC pall over things.

Besides, after this 'much needed R&R,' I'm sure 'james' is scheming again to come up with some 'benign' persona and worm his/its insiduous way back into the thread --- and then of course, you and your cohorts would fall into the same trap again. Sigh.

It's not like this is an exclusive MENSA/Nobel winners board and one great Einstein mind was suddenly silenced, ya know. :rolleyes:

If you had found James as irrelevant as you'd like us to believe, why was it you, more than any other, that would continuously reply to most of his threads?

What's wrong now? Have you finally become bored? After 10 months? Even in threads, where he can't post (aka premium member lounge) you still find ways of bringing up his name constantly. You have tended to have some kind of love/hate relationship with the holder of the account, yet recently have cried foul and sought his removal.

It's just all a bit of a farce.

You don't have to be a liberal to chastise hypocrites, Baron.

If you had found James as irrelevant as you'd like us to believe, why was it you, more than any other, that would continuously reply to most of his threads?

What's wrong now? Have you finally become bored? After 10 months? Even in threads, where he can't post (aka premium member lounge) you still find ways of bringing up his name constantly. You have tended to have some kind of love/hate relationship with the holder of the account, yet recently have cried foul and sought his removal.

It's just all a bit of a farce.

You don't have to be a liberal to chastise hypocrites, Baron.

Excuse me?

After I initially welcomed him and even gave him guidance behind the scenes (but how would you know that?), how can one not feel but foolish and taken in when this little, ungrateful twerp (or the act he put on) just continued to make fools of the rest of the board?

My temper is short , as you've probably noticed -- and I don't really care whether I get kicked out or not, I am secure enough in myself. And unlike you, I could no longer countenance such insolent tomfoolery. Yes, at times I felt guilty on being a little 'harsh' on 'james' -- but then again, he came up with little clues that indicated that he was NOT all that he purported to be, and so this act of guile just continued. This board got all distorted. At least JJ one can take on face value, and he doesn't insult your intelligence (at least in topics I am interested in) and doesn't put on this 'troll' act. And JJ and I really have not crossed swords.

You (and Stu), on the other hand, seem to be SOOOOOOOOOO CONCERNED about right & wrong and rights being trampled!! Oh, please. BARF!! GAG!! PUKE!! Let's not talk about 'hypocrites.' This is only an Olympic chat room -- not Guantanamo or some death row tribunal.

Get real, michelle, wilya?

Actually, the only thing that I (I won't speak for Stu & others) have been arguing for is that everyone on this forum is treated equally. If we are going to have some members privileges taken away for misconduct, then the same type/form of punishment should be applied across the board. That isn't being politically correct, neither is it being self righteous. It's the only fair way to operate.

I doubt that there are some members, who have "privileges" - everybody has the possibility to report a post, which he/she/it esteems as insult.

In the case of james it seems that a huge amount of members reported posts of him and therefore GBModerator took the decision that his post are reviewed...

I doubt that there are some members, who have "privileges" - everybody has the possibility to report a post, which he/she/it esteems as insult.

In the case of james it seems that a huge amount of members reported posts of him and therefore GBModerator took the decision that his post are reviewed...

The privilege to post, interact and discuss.

The privilege to post, interact and discuss.

In the later stages, he did nothing of the sort. He cajoled, provoked, put down, inserted his nose where it wasn't wanted KNOWING the sort of posts he was worthy of -- where he could. He lured in honest, sincere posters like jeremie, etc.

It's like you keep thinking of the rights of the perpetrators -- and NOT of the victims!!

I don't even know why you're so concerned. As I said, he will probably be back in a month or so when the boards heat up for the Beijing Opening.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread. Ciao.

Like GBModerator said in a previous post james isn't banned - therefore he can post, interact and discuss - he mentioned further that james' posts were not "censored" generally - and I trust GBModerator...

No, James is not banned. But he no longer enjoys the freedom of posting without approval. While others, who break the rules, have no such penalty. Thats GB Fairness for you, I suppose.

No, James is not banned. But he no longer enjoys the freedom of posting without approval. While others, who break the rules, have no such penalty. Thats GB Fairness for you, I suppose.

If YOU find a post offensive YOU can report it, but it is the decision of GBModerator what he does...

I am finished with this thread, too...

If YOU find a post offensive YOU can report it, but it is the decision of GBModerator what he does...

You don't need to capitalize your letters, I am able to read, thank you.

As I said earlier, one shouldn't have to report every detail to the moderator. He should notice himself when someone acts against the user policy of this website, taking appropriate action.

Turning a blind eye seems to be the more popular choice when dealing with 'regulars', though.

One negates the ability to criticize another, when they support a friend, who chastises those that do as he does. Unfortunately, Martin, on every occasion, you have been unwilling to condemn Baron, when others have brought to your attention his disgraceful and racist rants in this forum.

That makes you a facilitator of hate, in my eyes. It seems, certain members are only willing to defend when it's their social group or affiliates who are being condemned. When its another cause or group which is being ripped on, a blind eye can conveniently be applied.

Actually, the only thing that I (I won't speak for Stu & others) have been arguing for is that everyone on this forum is treated equally. If we are going to have some members privileges taken away for misconduct, then the same type/form of punishment should be applied across the board. That isn't being politically correct, neither is it being self righteous. It's the only fair way to operate.

That's what I've been trying to say too. I think it's really unfair that a relatively new member has been treated differently for doing the same 'deliberately offensive' posts as some of the older members here.

James was often obnoxious (I did use the ignore button on his posts for a while - although, as some have said, it did spoil the flow of many of the topics) but other members here have also made dreadful remarks about certain things - if individuals here believe that James should have his posts reviewed before being published then surely they would believe that other members making similar remarks would have to too.

well Rob glad you like that because frankly it is too bad you don't seen to remember comments about every Nigerian having to carry AK 47s in Abuja from personal protection that was posted

Those posts were getting on for two years ago, and, as you well know, were based on quotations from a news story; it wasn't meant as a racist insult to anybody. If that's the best justification you can come up with for the dozens of excrement filled posts you've written here with then that's really rather sad.

Right, you're back on ignore now; I don't know why I bothered turning you off it to read that pathetic excuse to be honest.

Everyone that wishes to become a member of this forum had to agree to the terms. Also this isn't a public forum, it's a private forum, therefore rights and freedom doesn't apply here.

I understand that. But having a different opinion is to be offensive ? These are completely different things. Should anyone be banned just because he or she do not think the same way as the others?

As long as a member do not use offensive words, why it´s not ok for he/she if he has a different opinion ?

If that´s the case, then this should be listed at the terms: "It´s forbidden for people with a point-of-view who differs from the regular members to write what he thinks".

so Sir roltel if you were to take the old Christian saying of you Reap What You Sow and Applied that to HIV AIDS and the GAy community ,which has been done totally unfairly , are you not preaching hatred ? Well buddy my theme is Chirstians certainly don't have a monopoly on intolerance and you just proved that.

In the middle I say the historical Facts and those are Blacks were shipped to the Americas as SLAVES to cut Sugar Cane and Pick Cotton , Hard back breaking work but never in the history of the world were GAYS shipped to a foreign land for lack of Hairstylists or interior decorators equally backbreaking trades as well LOL. I don't suppose you live a in GAY ghetto or actually had a time in history that you could be clubed by a cop for drinking out of a WATER fountain reserved for WHITES or could not get served in a woolworths lunch counter or have to ride at the back of a bus. No unless you are easy to identify IE being Black you don't have to live with that or had your ancestors live through that as well. Does not mean there are not problems for the GAy community but then you wonder what the Hatred is about? OF course hey the reap what you sow mentality certainly only applies to anyone wishing for harm to come to another human being or putting their will on others.

Gee Equaling anything with Human Rights for gays has been a Past time on these boards .

Cut both forms of agenda forwarded and I would be very happy . Oh Nigeria does not deserve to host the games because they don't subscript to a GAY lifestyle agenda of Western Europe . Yeah that shows tolerant left wing elitism at its very worst .

No you have been fair to James as have others but again there are some here think they are so progressive in thinking yet they do not see the forest for the TREES imposing their lifestyle views that have nothing to do with sports festivals that goes for Christians and gays in pretty equal amounts and in fact goes firmly into the Gay rights issue Vs James and his christian beliefs.

Your 10th hour conversion to RIO is far from sincere and just an attempt at being PC. I suppose Australian consultants on the Job in Rio might have something to do with that again part of a superiority complex with whites on the job. No it is experience and that has been afforded mainly to countries with populations in the case of Australia that you could combine with the UK New Zealand and Canada to make what 60 percent of Nigeria, Banglasdesh ,Malaysia, Brazil or Indonesia's populations let alone an India or China. Gee that these people procreate and the majority of them are not even gay or Christian IMAGE THAT .

Jim jones

Their views are a valid as your or mine. Except the developing world is increasing the ownership of the so called first world to your ignorance and horror.

Who becomes the colonial masters in the next couple of decades is pretty simple It is not based in London, New York

One again you just dig yourself deeper and deeper in the mierda, JJ.

Your obsession with sexuality and race borders on the pathalogical. Your insistence that race is the be-all-and-end-all of choosing host cities is bizarre and racist in itself. Your insistence that anybody who doesn't believe a games should be handed on a platter to hosts "of colour" in order assuage your inner issues with skin colour is offensive.

Oh, and as for your insistence that I muist have undergone a 10th hour (actually, the proper phrase is "11th hour") conversion to Rio, let me tender this photo, from the Sydney Olympics Beach Volleyball at Bondi in 2000. Me, my delicious, sexy, handsome Latino lover and future husband in the middle, and our Catholic Priest friend, off to support Brazil.

n705301722_406454_6299.jpg

Don't you dare make your typical offensive and dim-witted assumptions about how sincere my feelings for anything are! My support for a Rio games goes way, way back on this forum. But then again, you don't count it as support if anyone looks at things realistically. It's not enough to say you would like a games to go to Rio, but others bidders may have better chances to win. Same as you paint Mo _ how many times does he have to say he supports Abuja's bids, but advises they have to sort out their weaknesses before they have a chance of winning. And then you turn that round as saying that it's only because somehow South Africa isn't as "black" as Nigeria. It's simply disgusting that you seem to rate bids on what hue of darkness you perceive the population is. What your basically saying is that it is racist to evaulate a bid on anything other than race _ technical merit, wealth of the host nation and city, infrastructural challenges and opportunities _ all mean nothing unless the hosts are what you deem the right colour (and even the right hue of colour).

And as usual, when the refutations don't suit you, you just resort to lies and name calling. Then again, facts have never been your strong point _ I'm sure one of your issues with me is that I have picked you up over and over again on just basic simple errors of fact and history that most members here know off the top of their heads (but which you then try to cover up as your special brand of semantics). Do you actually enjoy sport? Do you actually enjoy the Olympic Games? It seems to me from the picture you paint of yourself here is that all you do is sit and stew that the hosts are never the right hue to satisfy you.

Ultimately JJ, the posts say it all. You know what what your reputation here is.

Archived