Why Not Have The Ifs & Paralympics Also Vote?

Was thinking...to ensure that the technical merits of a finalist bid do not all go out the window in the finals, why can't the IOC give the active IFs a vote each in the election (for both the Summer and Winter)?

2ndly, if the Paralympics rides on the IOC's coattails, why not give them 3 (or a handful of) votes as well?

I think having like 30 body votes (to act as some sort of superdelegates) would ensure a fairer choice and counteract a number of the purely emotional, sentimental votes.

What do the more astute members of this board think?

That does NOT include u james. Stay off this topic. U have nothing to contribute here. <_<

Was thinking...to ensure that the technical merits of a finalist bid do not all go out the window in the finals, why can't the IOC give the active IFs a vote each in the election (for both the Summer and Winter)?

2ndly, if the Paralympics rides on the IOC's coattails, why not give them 3 (or a handful of) votes as well?

I think having like 30 body votes (to act as some sort of superdelegates) would ensure a fairer choice and counteract a number of the purely emotional, sentimental votes.

What do the more astute members of this board think?

That does NOT include u james. Stay off this topic. U have nothing to contribute here. <_<

The IPC President is automatically elected as an IOC member so already has one vote.

15 members of the IOC are elected as IFs or IFs associations senior executive (President or General secretary).

So, it's already the case.

And with someone like Blatter on the IOC as an IF representative, I am not sure that it a guarantee of fairer choice...

The IPC President is automatically elected as an IOC member so already has one vote.

15 members of the IOC are elected as IFs or IFs associations senior executive (President or General secretary).

So, it's already the case.

And with someone like Blatter on the IOC as an IF representative, I am not sure that it a guarantee of fairer choice...

Oh, OK. I wasn't sure about the exact numbers.

Well with Blatter, you certainly get the fresh apples with the...damaged ones...

Archived