Opening And Closing Ceremony Ticket With Microchip ?

In June there was an official announcement on the website about Ceremonies ticket transfer deadlines. These supersede anything found in the printed spectator guide. Here is the link, it seems to have been posted only on the Chinese part of the site (i.e not in English or French). Even without reading Chinese, you can scroll down about halfway and see the list of deadlines for yourself (translation):

7/14 17:00 (Opening Ceremony)

7/30 17:00 (Closing Ceremony)

8/12 17:00 (Paralympic Opening Ceremony)

8/23 17:00 (Paralympic Closing Ceremony)

Ceremonies Ticket Transfers

Take heed if you plan to purchase a Ceremonies ticket--if you can't complete the transfer by the allotted deadline, you may be taking a risk. Right now, I'm not sure if anybody really knows what will happen if someone shows up on Ceremonies night with a ticket that wasn't transferred properly.

I cant see how they can do this. There will be what, 60,000 IDs to check in 2 hours max? If you require say 2 mins each ticket , thats 1000 staff and a lot of queues

I don't think they will do this. I think they will not be spending much checking time on anybody who looks Han Chinese which is about 95% of the public spectators. I think they will only look closely at anybody of a different ethnicity--both obvious foreigners and probably Tibetan, Mongolian, minority-looking people. Because as all Chinese know, it's we non-Hans that cause all the problems and strife. :blink: This will cut down on the number of close ID checks considerably. The Chinese have absolutely no problems with racial profiling. Also, any Chinese citizen that causes trouble knows that the consequences will be potentially dire to them and maybe their family, without hope of reprieve. Whereas with a foreign troublemaker, not much the Chinese can do besides putting you in a cell for a week or two then deporting you.

As far as ticket check queues go, Birds Nest has 12 gates, of which probably 3 will be completely reserved for VIP and media. That leaves 9 gates. Each gate will probably have at least 5-6 entry queues going in, though they do have room to put on 2-3 more per gate if pushed at peak periods. Staffing isn't an issue, they have thousands of staff and volunteers on assignment and on site/on standby.

All of the international Ceremony tickets were released at the start of this week before the final deadline.

No tickets for the international market conatin any data on the microchip - BOCOG has failed to upload all of the data before the distribution date.

Domestically they are still trying to control the tickets, but have realised they have failed - they even have a press release on the BOCOG website talking about people profitiering on ceremony tickets.

International clients and Sponsors have had this process cancelled. Take this as a 100% gaurentee.

All of the international Ceremony tickets were released at the start of this week before the final deadline.

No tickets for the international market conatin any data on the microchip - BOCOG has failed to upload all of the data before the distribution date.

Domestically they are still trying to control the tickets, but have realised they have failed - they even have a press release on the BOCOG website talking about people profitiering on ceremony tickets.

International clients and Sponsors have had this process cancelled. Take this as a 100% gaurentee.

How do you know this?

The Chinese have absolutely no problems with racial profiling.

My kinda people!! Go Cathay!! Really it's only ridiculous and PC-paralyzed Americans that all get wussy and sissified with absolutely necessary measures like 'racial profiling' to get some sort of peace going in the land.

Go Chinks!!!

A very good friend told me. I know someone who is an agent

So to be clear, do you think it is safe to buy tickets and skip the transfer process altogether?

And you believe international tickets have no ID on them whatsover?

Only say yes if you're very sure please as you know this could get tricky for some of us, if Chinese decide to play by their rules

So to be clear, do you think it is safe to buy tickets and skip the transfer process altogether?

And you believe international tickets have no ID on them whatsover?

Only say yes if you're very sure please as you know this could get tricky for some of us, if Chinese decide to play by their rules

And why, if the rules are changes, are there no opening ceremony tickets anymore? First there were a lot for resale, now I can't find anymore. And not all tickets were sold out.

But maybe the people don't know this.

So, it seems that if you still want to buy an OC ticket, you can:

1) Procure one that came from an international sale, probably more expensive but maybe safest bet if there is no encoded data.

2) Procure one from the Chinese domestic sale, probably cheaper but a crapshoot as to whether the original Wang, Zhang or Li's name is truly encoded on the ticket. You could gamble that your foreign face plus ticket will get you in, that they will assume you have an international ticket anyway. (Although there is tiny printed coding on the standard tickets that indicate the general source, not sure about the Ceremonies tickets though).

So far, the OC tickets that were advertised locally last week, have disappeared. I'm pretty sure the Chinese are taking the July 14 past deadline as "The End" of their hopes for resale, and that they don't know about the lack of coding on some tickets. I suspect if you advertised locally for a Ticket Wanted and named your price (at a reasonable premium above face value rather than outrageous, you might get some bites.) If you are serious about wanting to go, try Beijing Craiglist--ticket subcategory or thebeijing.com classifieds and see what turns up.

Hi everyone - can't wait to travel to Beijing for the games.

as I mentioned in a previous post - I can't seem to find if it is illegal to advertise tickets here or not, and haven't recieved a reply from any moderators. I was lucky enough to get tickets to both the opening and closing ceremonies through cosport. to cut a long story short my wife has been able to also get free tickets through another means. We will still use the opening ceremony (prefer to sit together than sell it...regardless of the price I think the expereince and memories is worth much more than the cash to sell it). but we are willing/hoping to sell a closig ceremonies ticket. Not even sure of what is a reasonable price. Obviously more than face value, but I am not looking to make millinos of dollars. If someone is interested in buying it they could maybe contact me by email or a private message on this site and I can respond. It is one "C" class ticket and if someone bought it they would have to sit with me :rolleyes:

I am happy to try and arrange the transfer of name on the ticket if it is still possible - and will be in Beijing for the whole Games period to happy to meet there at some stage.

Cheers

P.S - again if for some reason this post breaches any guidelines please just remove it !!

Hi everyone - can't wait to travel to Beijing for the games.

as I mentioned in a previous post - I can't seem to find if it is illegal to advertise tickets here or not, and haven't recieved a reply from any moderators. I was lucky enough to get tickets to both the opening and closing ceremonies through cosport. to cut a long story short my wife has been able to also get free tickets through another means. We will still use the opening ceremony (prefer to sit together than sell it...regardless of the price I think the expereince and memories is worth much more than the cash to sell it). but we are willing/hoping to sell a closig ceremonies ticket. Not even sure of what is a reasonable price. Obviously more than face value, but I am not looking to make millinos of dollars. If someone is interested in buying it they could maybe contact me by email or a private message on this site and I can respond. It is one "C" class ticket and if someone bought it they would have to sit with me :rolleyes:

I am happy to try and arrange the transfer of name on the ticket if it is still possible - and will be in Beijing for the whole Games period to happy to meet there at some stage.

Cheers

P.S - again if for some reason this post breaches any guidelines please just remove it !!

Someway off I know but it would be useful if someone who goes to the opening ceremony posts here about whether they check the tickets. thanks

Someway off I know but it would be useful if someone who goes to the opening ceremony posts here about whether they check the tickets. thanks

Why? The OC is only one of a kind. It's not like that experience will be of any help to the Vancouver 2010 OC.

There are going to be some hassles over getting in -- especially if you were a 2nd buyer for an OC ticket -- and you happen to be checked in by an overzealous party functionary or wannabe. Just ask for an IOC official. Drop a name -- like Jacques Rogge or the Chinese Premier's name or Juan Samaranch or Tom Cruise -- and then get their names, and threaten that they will hear about it in a day or so, if they don't let you in.

Why? The OC is only one of a kind. It's not like that experience will be of any help to the Vancouver 2010 OC.

There are going to be some hassles over getting in -- especially if you were a 2nd buyer for an OC ticket -- and you happen to be checked in by an overzealous party functionary or wannabe. Just ask for an IOC official. Drop a name -- like Jacques Rogge or the Chinese Premier's name or Juan Samaranch or Tom Cruise -- and then get their names, and threaten that they will hear about it in a day or so, if they don't let you in.

Because it will tell us about the closing ceremony ticketing possibilities

Because it will tell us about the closing ceremony ticketing possibilities

If they've found that their crazy procedures caused problems at Opening, I am sure or hope they would smooth things over for Closing -- because after all, I mean, that is the last night -- so what's the point of being paranoid about if a Ticket matches an ID or not?

But maybe I'd drop the names Angelina or Brad or Julie Chen for the Closing. ;)