Future African Bid:

james

Abuja national stadium - 60,000 seats. FACT! lol

Again Jim, you don't seem to know that Northern Ireland is a different country to Scotland is not even on the same land mass as Scotland. lol!

Speaking of schools Jim - well Scotland does have the best education system in the world as evidenced by the fact that our universities are proportionately filling more top spaces than any nations on earth. I mean, Scotland has 5 universities in the top 100 institutuions on earth. How amazing is that? lol. Glad you acknowledge that Jim!

Jim, if you tell me what message you want to send me (no love letters mate) I may consider removing you from the block list. But you will have to prove that you can act like an adult! :lol:

P.S. When you go back to Abuja, hopefully when the civil war has Jim, will you be making 'snow angels' in the 60,000 (not largest) stadium in the commonwealth?)

Greetings from Scotland!

Wrong

From the updated Wikipedia

Abuja Stadium

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Abuja Stadium Full name Abuja National Stadium

Location The Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, Nigeria.

Broke ground 2000

Opened 2003

Construction cost $360 million [1]

Architect Schlaich Bergermann & Partner, Germany

Capacity 60 491 (football)

Tenants

Nigerian national football team

Abuja National Stadium is an all-seater national sports stadium located in Abuja, the rapidly developing Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria. The stadium serves as a home to the Nigerian National Football Team, the Super Eagles, as well as a center for various social, cultural, and religious events. The Federal Government of Nigeria approved the contract for the construction of the National Stadium complex and Games Village on July 18th 2000. The stadium was constructed to host the 8th All Africa Games which took place in October 2003. The 60,491 seater ultra modern multipurpose sports complex has been tagged by many as one of the greatest architectural landmarks in the city of Abuja.

Contents

[hide]

Construction and Architecture

The contract for the design of the stadium was awarded to Schlaich Bergermann & Partners [2], a world-renowned structural engineering firm based in Stuttgart, Germany. They were responsible for the architectural design, execution planning, as well as constructional supervision of the stadium. The construction was done in co-operation with a local engineering firm that has served the country for decades. Julius Berger Nigeria PLC, a subsidiary of Bilfinger Berger AG, was responsible for the construction of the main stadium, providing man-power, supplies, and equipment for the execution of the project[3]. The contract for the construction of the Games Village, a housing facility for visiting athletes, was awarded to China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation

Structure

Man you really don't get it do you . I found the bonfida correct info . Not what a sheep hurder in Aberdeen believes

Jim jones

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wrong

From the updated Wikipedia

Abuja Stadium

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Abuja Stadium Full name Abuja National Stadium

Location The Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, Nigeria.

Broke ground 2000

Opened 2003

Construction cost $360 million [1]

Architect Schlaich Bergermann & Partner, Germany

Capacity 60 491 (football)

Tenants

Nigerian national football team

Abuja National Stadium is an all-seater national sports stadium located in Abuja, the rapidly developing Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria. The stadium serves as a home to the Nigerian National Football Team, the Super Eagles, as well as a center for various social, cultural, and religious events. The Federal Government of Nigeria approved the contract for the construction of the National Stadium complex and Games Village on July 18th 2000. The stadium was constructed to host the 8th All Africa Games which took place in October 2003. The 60,491 seater ultra modern multipurpose sports complex has been tagged by many as one of the greatest architectural landmarks in the city of Abuja.

Contents

[hide]

Construction and Architecture

The contract for the design of the stadium was awarded to Schlaich Bergermann & Partners [2], a world-renowned structural engineering firm based in Stuttgart, Germany. They were responsible for the architectural design, execution planning, as well as constructional supervision of the stadium. The construction was done in co-operation with a local engineering firm that has served the country for decades. Julius Berger Nigeria PLC, a subsidiary of Bilfinger Berger AG, was responsible for the construction of the main stadium, providing man-power, supplies, and equipment for the execution of the project[3]. The contract for the construction of the Games Village, a housing facility for visiting athletes, was awarded to China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation

Structure

Man you really don't get it do you . I found the bonfida correct info . Not what a sheep hurder in Aberdeen believes

Jim jones

Well done for changing the wikipedia account yourself. When it is updated to include Nigeria's 2009 civil war you can edit that too. :lol:

Oh, your pedantic ramblings fail to mention Malaysia's Bukit Jalil 100,000 seat stadium. But, hey it's not in Abuja so it be crap!

Well done for changing the wikipedia account yourself. When it is updated to include Nigeria's 2009 civil war you can edit that too. :lol:

Oh, your pedantic ramblings fail to mention Malaysia's Bukit Jalil 100,000 seat stadium. But, hey it's not in Abuja so it be crap!

Malaysia's Bukit Jalil 100,000 seat stadium was taken off the list of IAAF Class one Venues post 2001. They did not update to new surface compounds that are the new standard post 2001 as there have been few track events justifying upgrade. Edmonton 2001 used those compounds as did the All-African Games of 2003 in Abuja . So Indeed again your assumption are based on speculation and not actually reading the specs , IAAF bi annual Reports or anything having to do with running these facilities or games . I have been reading those reports since 2006 and Bukit Jalil is not there.

Crystal Palace has updated as well as another venue in the UK but not in Scotland. Sherbrooke Quebec has done the same along with venues in Cyprus, Sri Lanaka , Samoa and Jamaica among others except when it comes down to a Scotland. Meadowbank certainly could be a IAAF facility with class one if Scotland decided to spend a couple of million

what did I indeed say? Largest IAAF Class one stadium in the Commonwealth . It is for footrprint and stadium capacity 60 491 seats to be exact according to the designing architects .

So good do some googling and find out . IT is indeed hard to find but it is great when you do know it from the sources.

Jim Jones

Hey again you spin your wheels with your ignorance on the subject and jumping to the defence of your homeland .

Malaysia's Bukit Jalil 100,000 seat stadium was taken off the list of IAAF Class one Venues post 2001. They did not update to new surface compounds that are the new standard post 2001 as there have been few track events justifying upgrade. Edmonton 2001 used those compounds as did the All-African Games of 2003 in Abuja . So Indeed again your assumption are based on speculation and not actually reading the specs , IAAF bi annual Reports or anything having to do with running these facilities or games . I have been reading those reports since 2006 and Bukit Jalil is not there.

Crystal Palace has updated as well as another venue in the UK but not in Scotland. Sherbrooke Quebec has done the same along with venues in Cyprus, Sri Lanaka , Samoa and Jamaica among others except when it comes down to a Scotland. Meadowbank certainly could be a IAAF facility with class one if Scotland decided to spend a couple of million

what did I indeed say? Largest IAAF Class one stadium in the Commonwealth . It is for footrprint and stadium capacity 60 491 seats to be exact according to the designing architects .

So good do some googling and find out . IT is indeed hard to find but it is great when you do know it from the sources.

Jim Jones

Hey again you spin your wheels with your ignorance on the subject and jumping to the defence of your homeland .

Jim, if you put half as much effort into finding friends or a partner as you did telling lies on this forum, you would probably have a boyfriend/girlfriend by now.

At first you say Abuja has 60,000 seats (you said this) and then when you realize Edmonton had more seats you said you were talking about Abuja having the biggest footprint. You keep changing your tune. Guess what, Celtic park has more seats than Abuja - over 60,500. But who cares!

Considering most venues in existence were built pre 2001 it is not surprising that track surfaces have not been upgraded.

You keep harping on about Abuja stadium capacity and no one cares. Has it ever hosted a world athletics championship, a world cup, a commonwealth games. Erm......NO! :lol:

Jim, if you put half as much effort into finding friends or a partner as you did telling lies on this forum, you would probably have a boyfriend/girlfriend by now.

At first you say Abuja has 60,000 seats (you said this) and then when you realize Edmonton had more seats you said you were talking about Abuja having the biggest footprint. You keep changing your tune. Guess what, Celtic park has more seats than Abuja - over 60,500. But who cares!

Considering most venues in existence were built pre 2001 it is not surprising that track surfaces have not been upgraded.

You keep harping on about Abuja stadium capacity and no one cares. Has it ever hosted a world athletics championship, a world cup, a commonwealth games. Erm......NO! :lol:

In other Words I am indeed completely RIGHT and you are wrong . I knew the capacity of ANS was the highest capacity IAAF class one and only had to go find the evidence .

So what ? this is the place that your making your wild claims about including the quality of the Venues vs the Quality of what you have writen on paper as a fantasy your will hopefully stage in 2014 .

Dick pound siad it best a bid is great set of fantasy presented . Again is Celtic a IAAF Stadium NO .So what if Abuja has never hosted those events ? Scotland will never host a World Cup world Athletics championship and maybe not a commonwealth games with a incredible risk you have planned for athletics.

Euro dance vision soccer is really nothing as well .

LOL

Jim Jones

In other Words I am indeed completely RIGHT and you are wrong . I knew the capacity of ANS was the highest capacity IAAF class one and only had to go find the evidence .

So what ? this is the place that your making your wild claims about including the quality of the Venues vs the Quality of what you have writen on paper as a fantasy your will hopefully stage in 2014 .

Dick pound siad it best a bid is great set of fantasy presented . Again is Celtic a IAAF Stadium NO .So what if Abuja has never hosted those events ? Scotland will never host a World Cup world Athletics championship and maybe not a commonwealth games with a incredible risk you have planned for athletics.

Euro dance vision soccer is really nothing as well .

LOL

Jim Jones

Jim, you completely ignore what you said. You said only 3 venues were built. I have shown why you are Wrong! 80% of venues being built is not a fantasy but a fact. Oh, that's right, you don't deal in facts but your own made up ramblings!

Why would Celtic park be an IAAF stadium - it is a football stadium. It is hosting the opening ceremony. What drugs are you on to even suggest that?

Scotland has hosted world athletic championships Jim. Glasgow and Edinburgh hosted the IAAF world cross country championships in 1979 and 2008. So you are wrong again Jim-bro!

Jim, you completely ignore what you said. You said only 3 venues were built. I have shown why you are Wrong! 80% of venues being built is not a fantasy but a fact. Oh, that's right, you don't deal in facts but your own made up ramblings!

Why would Celtic park be an IAAF stadium - it is a football stadium. It is hosting the opening ceremony. What drugs are you on to even suggest that?

Scotland has hosted world athletic championships Jim. Glasgow and Edinburgh hosted the IAAF world cross country championships in 1979 and 2008. So you are wrong again Jim-bro!

a velodrome is not built , a national arena is not built , A IAAF class one track is not there until the eve of the games . a 12000 arena is proposed , a Trollcross pool is not in complete games trim . A field Hockey centre is not built ? gee that is what six venues out of 17 sports . the math says about 60 percent . A Built venue would be able to run a similar completion tomorrow . then you go on to the complete gutting of the Royal commonwealth pool in edinburgh for diving which event he evaluation questioned to whether tv lighting could be installed.

Gee I guess you have roads but what ever happened with the seniors mens triathlon and the Algae that cancelled it last year ? did they ever run that event or will they say oh well We won and Nigeria would not have staged this event anyways . No thats because they instead opted for Basketball .

Gee except for the 12000 seat arena in Abuja they seem to have all those in reality and no CGI and hence why the boys from london could come in and take photos and then photoshop the games overlay bunting . ARe you sure people in Glasgow don't take mushrooms or something I hear the best place for magic mushrooms is where sheep gather.

WOW cross country Events GEE you don't suppose Nigeria hasn't hosted those too ? The annual Half Marathon in Lagos is the Largest half Marathon in Africa and it has IAAF sanctioning and the annual

Obudu Ranch International Mountain Race is IAAF sanctioned as well having runners attend from as far away as new zealand . What do you need for those type of races ? Dirt Grass ? forest ? Trails .

wow the European Juniors fina > so I take it they scrub diving ?

Jim jones

a velodrome is not built , a national arena is not built , A IAAF class one track is not there until the eve of the games . a 12000 arena is proposed , a Trollcross pool is not in complete games trim . A field Hockey centre is not built ? gee that is what six venues out of 17 sports . the math says about 60 percent . A Built venue would be able to run a similar completion tomorrow . then you go on to the complete gutting of the Royal commonwealth pool in edinburgh for diving which event he evaluation questioned to whether tv lighting could be installed.

Gee I guess you have roads but what ever happened with the seniors mens triathlon and the Algae that cancelled it last year ? did they ever run that event or will they say oh well We won and Nigeria would not have staged this event anyways . No thats because they instead opted for Basketball .

Gee except for the 12000 seat arena in Abuja they seem to have all those in reality and no CGI and hence why the boys from london could come in and take photos and then photoshop the games overlay bunting . ARe you sure people in Glasgow don't take mushrooms or something I hear the best place for magic mushrooms is where sheep gather.

WOW cross country Events GEE you don't suppose Nigeria hasn't hosted those too ? The annual Half Marathon in Lagos is the Largest half Marathon in Africa and it has IAAF sanctioning and the annual

Obudu Ranch International Mountain Race is IAAF sanctioned as well having runners attend from as far away as new zealand . What do you need for those type of races ? Dirt Grass ? forest ? Trails .

wow the European Juniors fina > so I take it they scrub diving ?

Jim jones

Jim, Glasgow won. Get over it! Nothing you say will change that fact. You may not like it but you will have to live with it.

Nigeria has never hosted the IAAF world cross country championships. Sorry to correct you and make you look stupid. I don't suppose anything - it's a fact. You are wrong!

Tollcross is built - it is getting extended.

Hampden is built - it will have a track installed.

Only 3 venues are not fully built out of 18 - that means over 80% are Jim. I know mathematics is not your strong point!

You are going on about the same things - no one cares Jim.

So go and moan about Glasgow winning to one of your friends in Abuja next time you visit. I'm starting to think the reason you keeping pestering me is that you don't have any friends and are desperate for me to like you - I don't by the way. Grow up mate and start acting like an adult - that involves not hijacking forums with bully like lies.

Jim, Glasgow won. Get over it! Nothing you say will change that fact. You may not like it but you will have to live with it.

Nigeria has never hosted the IAAF world cross country championships. Sorry to correct you and make you look stupid. I don't suppose anything - it's a fact. You are wrong!

Tollcross is built - it is getting extended.

Hampden is built - it will have a track installed.

Only 3 venues are not fully built out of 18 - that means over 80% are Jim. I know mathematics is not your strong point!

You are going on about the same things - no one cares Jim.

So go and moan about Glasgow winning to one of your friends in Abuja next time you visit. I'm starting to think the reason you keeping pestering me is that you don't have any friends and are desperate for me to like you - I don't by the way. Grow up mate and start acting like an adult - that involves not hijacking forums with bully like lies.

Show the Pictures not the fantasy renderings ? Kelvin grounds what is that A lawn ?

Big deal Hampdump Park . A place you cannot run athletics tomorrow . A total Laff.

IAAF cross Country WOW whoppie do . you trails WOW.

So what is your infant mind with this Private messaging me and blocking responses. Show again your as gutless as the characters who had not confidence in their bid with the University Degree give always . Face your people won a contest that if it was the Olympics they would not be able to put those types of things off. YEAP shows their great lack of confidence in their own bid . Venues are not venues until you can actually stage the event you propose . so when exactly will the test event for Hampdem Park be held two months before the games ?

Again until you produce venues which you indeed haven't especially with the Case og Hampdump Park

you are one of the Higher risks with a scheme Manchester or London would not by . somehow the guys that can't complete Footbridges for decades or Bridges that are experiments that turn out to be engineering fawled are going to pull a rabbit out of a hat when the company who engineered the Millennium Gate Bridge in London that could not do the scaffolding thing is Manchester.

Jim jones

Show the Pictures not the fantasy renderings ? Kelvin grounds what is that A lawn ?

Big deal Hampdump Park . A place you cannot run athletics tomorrow . A total Laff.

IAAF cross Country WOW whoppie do . you trails WOW.

So what is your infant mind with this Private messaging me and blocking responses. Show again your as gutless as the characters who had not confidence in their bid with the University Degree give always . Face your people won a contest that if it was the Olympics they would not be able to put those types of things off. YEAP shows their great lack of confidence in their own bid . Venues are not venues until you can actually stage the event you propose . so when exactly will the test event for Hampdem Park be held two months before the games ?

Again until you produce venues which you indeed haven't especially with the Case og Hampdump Park

you are one of the Higher risks with a scheme Manchester or London would not by . somehow the guys that can't complete Footbridges for decades or Bridges that are experiments that turn out to be engineering fawled are going to pull a rabbit out of a hat when the company who engineered the Millennium Gate Bridge in London that could not do the scaffolding thing is Manchester.

Jim jones

It does not matter what anyone says. You refuse to listen and repeat your mantras over and over. Everyone else accepts it. You need to get over the fact that Scotland destroyed Nigeria in the 2014 bid and has more international appeal than third world Nigeria.We won, you lost. Haha. Facts my friend. Do you not get it - typing words on a forum does not affect anything. Especially as no one likes you anyway and that's why you keep trying to talk to me. You are an internet pest! You were banned on SSC for being a clown and here everyone laughs at you. I get messages from people (who are unblocked lol) taking the piss out of you. You are a grown man who goes to Nigeria and does snow angels - you are a weirdo and the forum clown. haha and from the pics you have posted on SSC morbidly obese! Go and lose some weight fatty!

Glasgow 2014 is happening - nothing you say will do anything about it. :lol:

If you want any info, go and type into google and find it yourself. I know you probably don't have a job and live at home with your mum, so you have plenty of free time on your hands to do this.

Jim, go and start an Abuja thread if you know how and try and do something productive for once.

It does not matter what anyone says. You refuse to listen and repeat your mantras over and over. Everyone else accepts it. You need to get over the fact that Scotland destroyed Nigeria in the 2014 bid and has more international appeal than third world Nigeria.We won, you lost. Haha. Facts my friend. Do you not get it - typing words on a forum does not affect anything. Especially as no one likes you anyway and that's why you keep trying to talk to me. You are an internet pest! You were banned on SSC for being a clown and here everyone laughs at you. I get messages from people (who are unblocked lol) taking the piss out of you. You are a grown man who goes to Nigeria and does snow angels - you are a weirdo and the forum clown. haha and from the pics you have posted on SSC morbidly obese! Go and lose some weight fatty!

Glasgow 2014 is happening - nothing you say will do anything about it. :lol:

If you want any info, go and type into google and find it yourself. I know you probably don't have a job and live at home with your mum, so you have plenty of free time on your hands to do this.

Jim, go and start an Abuja thread if you know how and try and do something productive for once.

yuor the internet pest

Run little girl run after you sent me a private message . Run behind your block Inbox . Why start an Abuja Trend so you can make your outragous Hate against a country that can actually afford the Games ? You are too funny . and your actually the mental one LOL.

Cheer coffeemate

Jim jones

yuor the internet pest

Run little girl run after you sent me a private message . Run behind your block Inbox . Why start an Abuja Trend so you can make your outragous Hate against a country that can actually afford the Games ? You are too funny . and your actually the mental one LOL.

Cheer coffeemate

Jim jones

WEIRDO!

I didn't start an Abuja thread! You hijacked all the Glasgow ones however!

Jim, go and pester someone who actually likes you or stuff a cake into your mouth or something! You have said racially offensive things to white people, Scottish people, admitted you were xenophobic, said Scottish people sleep with animals, said Scottish people are Haggis munchers, said Scottish people do things with infants.

How sick for a grown man to talk like this. And yes , you did say all these things so don't try and deny it.

Further, I and many posters have only stated facts about Nigeria. Myself, Rob, NoNigeria etc all speak facts. So, don't try the 'we are racist' card. Nigeria is having a civil war, Nigeria is ruled by Sharia law in parts, and 50% of Nigerians do live in mud huts. All facts. Not racist whatsoever. It is not a fact however to say Scottish people sleep with animals and have relations with children.

You are mentally deranged.

im glad you've realized he is mentally deranged so that we can all move on with the topic.

go africa. dont be such colonialists.

now Mo that is honestly quite funny because I don't know if you are referring to me or OAK.

I would not surprize me if you were referring to me and hey I am fine with that .

Jim jones

Under the topic African Bids would this story hve any relevance to A stagiong of the Commonwealth Games in the Future ?

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=150675

The Federation of International Football Associations (FIFA) has taciturnly approved the Brigadier U.J. Esuene Stadium in Calabar as one of the official sub-seats for the forthcoming FIFA Under-17 World Cup Finals scheduled to hold between October 24 and Novembe15.

After the Final Inspection by the FIFA Inspection Team Tuesday, leader, FIFA Vice-president, Jack Warner expressed satisfaction with what he has seen. He said: “You have aspired, achieved and surpassed what we asked for. Our team is thorough and you have impressed us. Like Kaduna, Calabar is also ready and it is one of the venues we shall use. On behalf of FIFA I commend the state government for putting all the facilities in place.”

He appealed to the state government to understand the stance of FIFA on insisting that the right standards be met. “I know you may have been critical of us for being this demanding, but we cannot go below our standards”, he said.

Responding to questions from reporters, Warner said with the state of facilities now in the country, Nigeria is capable of hosting the main event, which is the FIFA World Cup itself.

According to him, if for any reason South Africa fails to meet the standards for the 2010 fiesta he would not hesitate to recommend that the tournament be brought to Nigeria.

The Minister of Sports, Engr. Sani Ndanusa also commended the Cross River State Government for meeting the standards set by FIFA.

He disclosed that the Federal Government has released additional N250 million to each of the approved sub-seats for the use of further preparation for the hosting.

An elated Deputy Governor of Cross River State, Effiok Cobham assured that the state would continue to maintain the facilities to ensure that whenever Nigeria would be hosting any competition in future, the state would not have any problems with facilities.

He assured that the Centre would not have any problems mobilising fans, saying that the problem was whether the Stadium would be able to accommodate every fan that would want to come and watch the matches, because, the state is a football loving one.

Now seeing these words from Jack Warner I take it as the highest compliment but one that is also political in nature to his great hosts in Nigeria. Really there is no way the World Cup would not be staged in South Africa next year so it is really nice but false compliment but the thrust that these places have pulled together to provide the required facilities is a far cry from the beginning of JUne where Nigeria was on the brink of losing the tournament. The Reports across the board are clear . Nigeria has the manpower and construction ability doing things in quick order. Another Centre vying for hosting rights has the compliment from Fifa of a highly innovative solution in regards to TV camera staging from a structural engineering standpoint .

yeah now if Nigeria could possibly have cross country trails to host a IAAF event LOL.

GEE a wonder Jack Warner does not seem to mention that massive civil war going on in Nigeria he has only been to Kano and Kaduna in his travels for this final inspection and u17 2009 draw to be held today in Abuja . He must not read the blogs at 3 am Greenwich mean time that say his head should be on fire from rampaging muslims

Jim jones

now Mo that is honestly quite funny because I don't know if you are referring to me or OAK.

I would not surprize me if you were referring to me and hey I am fine with that .

Jim jones

Oh, he is referring to you Jim. You are mentally unstable and a disgrace. You can't even stick to a topic for god's sake!

Go Abuja 2018!!!!!!!

Oh, he is referring to you Jim. You are mentally unstable and a disgrace. You can't even stick to a topic for god's sake!

Go Abuja 2018!!!!!!!

Yeah Yeah your the one up until 3 am waiting for anything I post while i go to bed early to start the business at 6 am every day.

Hey how about that Jack Warner Vice President of Fifa saying he would recommend Nigeria as the back up to South Africa 2010 because of their 2009 U17 prep.

OF course hey they would have to host Fina European Juniors and an IAAF cross country race to qualify for the Commonwealth games hosting . funny Warner did not mention the raging Civil war going on even thou he visited Kano and Kaduna which are very muslim northern cities. Gee Jack Warmer must have missed the revolution for some reason ?

So what is it you do for a living ? Draw chalk outlines around dead bodies at crime scenes in Urban Scotland ? One would think you would have no time to be on the internet as it is a brisk business there

Jim Jones

Yeah Yeah your the one up until 3 am waiting for anything I post while i go to bed early to start the business at 6 am every day.

Hey how about that Jack Warner Vice President of Fifa saying he would recommend Nigeria as the back up to South Africa 2010 because of their 2009 U17 prep.

OF course hey they would have to host Fina European Juniors and an IAAF cross country race to qualify for the Commonwealth games hosting . funny Warner did not mention the raging Civil war going on even thou he visited Kano and Kaduna which are very muslim northern cities. Gee Jack Warmer must have missed the revolution for some reason ?

So what is it you do for a living ? Draw chalk outlines around dead bodies at crime scenes in Urban Scotland ? One would think you would have no time to be on the internet as it is a brisk business there

Jim Jones

Jim, I really can't take anything you say seriously. :lol:

Now that forumers have shown me the pictures you posted of yourself, I just laugh so hard when you post anything as I never realised how ugly and fat you actually are in real life. :lol:

Jim, you are a big fat illiterate man. And there's pictures to prove it. :lol: I am having a proper laugh with several people at Gamesbid courtesy of your internet pics.

Nice talkin' to you Jabba!

Jim, I really can't take anything you say seriously. :lol:

Now that forumers have shown me the pictures you posted of yourself, I just laugh so hard when you post anything as I never realised how ugly and fat you actually are in real life. :lol:

Jim, you are a big fat illiterate man. And there's pictures to prove it. :lol: I am having a proper laugh with several people at Gamesbid courtesy of your internet pics.

Nice talkin' to you Jabba!

Ha Ha Ha

look kid you crack me up . this talk of a Civil War Seems Fifa Made the decision today on their choice of Host cities for U 17 2009 in Nigeria and included in that list is none other then Bauchi the city with the recent ethic trouble that even shocks me considering we have a resident authority of the situation in Nigeria whom is so racist he probably couldn't go into a Nigeria Business in Glasgow let alone lower himself in his mind to actually go to Nigeria or africa.

Hey laff all you want the ignorance of some of the crew here is very evident . IAAF Class One fitting in a Soccer stadium . I think I would like to start a trend called Manchester 2002 what where the pluses and minus ? One things for sure with my findings of today on that subject it looks pretty bad for a UK Commonwealth Games and that same retoric was repeated that we will not be the disaster of 1986 .

Jim jones

http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/news/newsid=1087759.html

Nigeria 2009 venues announced

(FIFA.com) Thursday 6 August 2009

Following a final venue inspection tour, FIFA has today confirmed the cities which will host the FIFA U-17 World Cup Nigeria 2009. The cities are as follows: Abuja, Bauchi, Calabar, Enugu, Ijebu-Ode, Kaduna, Kano and Lagos. Warri has been excluded from use during the competition.

"I was pleased to see that the venues have made significant progress since my last visit in May. They now meet the basic stadium infrastructure requirements of FIFA and thus can be confirmed for the competition," said Jack A. Warner, FIFA Vice-President and Chairman of the FIFA Organising Committee for the U-17 World Cup. "What impressed me even more than the infrastructural improvements was the passion and the commitment the people of Nigeria have shown. I congratulate the Federal Government and the State authorities, the Local Organising Committee as well as the communities in the cities for what they have achieved. The legacy which was created will last far beyond the upcoming tournament. I am therefore proud to say that Nigeria is ready to host the FIFA U-17 World Cup."

Ha Ha Ha

look kid you crack me up . this talk of a Civil War Seems Fifa Made the decision today on their choice of Host cities for U 17 2009 in Nigeria and included in that list is none other then Bauchi the city with the recent ethic trouble that even shocks me considering we have a resident authority of the situation in Nigeria whom is so racist he probably couldn't go into a Nigeria Business in Glasgow let alone lower himself in his mind to actually go to Nigeria or africa.

Hey laff all you want the ignorance of some of the crew here is very evident . IAAF Class One fitting in a Soccer stadium . I think I would like to start a trend called Manchester 2002 what where the pluses and minus ? One things for sure with my findings of today on that subject it looks pretty bad for a UK Commonwealth Games and that same retoric was repeated that we will not be the disaster of 1986 .

Jim jones

http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/news/newsid=1087759.html

Nigeria 2009 venues announced

(FIFA.com) Thursday 6 August 2009

Following a final venue inspection tour, FIFA has today confirmed the cities which will host the FIFA U-17 World Cup Nigeria 2009. The cities are as follows: Abuja, Bauchi, Calabar, Enugu, Ijebu-Ode, Kaduna, Kano and Lagos. Warri has been excluded from use during the competition.

"I was pleased to see that the venues have made significant progress since my last visit in May. They now meet the basic stadium infrastructure requirements of FIFA and thus can be confirmed for the competition," said Jack A. Warner, FIFA Vice-President and Chairman of the FIFA Organising Committee for the U-17 World Cup. "What impressed me even more than the infrastructural improvements was the passion and the commitment the people of Nigeria have shown. I congratulate the Federal Government and the State authorities, the Local Organising Committee as well as the communities in the cities for what they have achieved. The legacy which was created will last far beyond the upcoming tournament. I am therefore proud to say that Nigeria is ready to host the FIFA U-17 World Cup."

That's great news for Nigeria - that should stand them in good stead for a 2018 CWG's bid if they choose to put one forward!

Jim, it is not called a 'trend' as you keep typing but rather a 'thread'. :lol:

That's great news for Nigeria - that should stand them in good stead for a 2018 CWG's bid if they choose to put one forward!

Jim, it is not called a 'trend' as you keep typing but rather a 'thread'. :lol:

come over to the wood shed I am waiting for you ROTFLMAO

Jim jones

come over to the wood shed I am waiting for you ROTFLMAO

Jim jones

Oh my god Jim. You want me to come to the wood shed?

Are you an internet pest propositioning me?

Jim, I am not gay so please don't invite me to your 'wood shed'.Go and hit on someone else mate. You are a sick man indeed!

Jim, I am not gay so please don't invite me to your 'wood shed'.Go and hit on someone else mate. You are a sick man indeed!

The woodshed here is the Manchester 2002 good bad and ugly topic. go out and find some good news stories to post on those games . right now i am up to exhibit L i think

Jim jones

Oh and a hint for you in regards to African hosting and Nigeria Proper seems Jack Warner has a report on the BBC in regards to the 2009 U17 prep .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/8189776.stm

Fifa happy with Nigeria progress

By Farayi Mungazi

BBC Sport

FIFA vice-president Jack Warner

Warner is now satisfied with preparations for the tournament

Football's world governing body, Fifa, says that preparations are now on track for the Under-17 World Cup, which begins in Nigeria on 24 October.

In June Fifa issued an ultimatum that the tournament would be taken away from Nigeria unless a government guarantee was made that the venues would be ready.

Government support was pledged, and following a final venue inspection tour, Fifa vice-president Jack Warner told the BBC that Nigeria has made significant progress since his last visit.

"I'm very happy with what I've seen up to this point in time, I believe Nigeria is on track," said Warner, who is also the chairman of the Under-17 World Cup's organising committee.

"I've gone all over the country with my Fifa delegation, and everything that we have seen and the decisions we have taken relative to the eight venues has made me very optimistic that Nigeria is ready."

The cities that will host matches are Abuja, Bauchi, Calabar, Enugu, Ijebu-Ode, Kaduna, Kano and Lagos.

gee Bauchi the place where they had religous violence a week ago seems to make the list according to your BBC. you wouild think the BBC would slant the report in your favor of a civil war raging in Nigeria. Quite a turn around in two months really . over at the woodshed topic Manchester went thru years of pain to stage the commonwealths it seems.

Jim jones

so where is this Civil War again ? seems to me Bauchi was the place that had the Religious uprising yet Fifa Approves this City as a Centre of Play for about 100 players and officials to come in October 2009. Gee how did they do it . Get their stadium in order in two months and fight and be the centre of the imagery Civil War ? And your indeed deluded enough to draw a conclusion that the national capital of nigeria can't or rather should not host the commonwealth games in 2018 ? The Rate things are going on Glasgow with a huge shortfall for policing reported in the Scotsman this morning Abuja will most likely be ready way before Glasgow cuts everything but the commonwealth games for spending.

Nigeria: Fifa Approves Bauchi Centre

Godwin Egbara

Bauchi — After inspecting facilities in the state, FIFA has eventually approved Bauchi as one of the centres that would host the U-17 World Cup coming up later this year, just as it has apologised for the earlier delisting of the centre.

After inspecting the stadium, medical centre, media centre, practice pitch and the hostel accommodation, Jack Warner, FIFA Vice President, accompanied by Governor Isa Yuguda of the state, Sports Minister and other top official, expressed satisfaction with the facilities he saw.

Warner commended the effort of the state government in putting in place, standard facilities that meet FIFA's specifications.

He noted that if Bauchi is not ready, they wouldn't be any centre in the country that would be ready.

He said Bauchi would definitely be one of the centres that would host the U17 competition.

Gee no fear with recent events and high phrase for a centre that was certainly in comflict, Don't suppose they have some security reports no available to Bloggers ?

According to him, the winner of the competition is the football, the state and Nigeria in general.

Warner stated that he was satisfied with the facilities put in place to host the competition, noting that indeed, Bauchi Centre has proof that nothing is impossible with determination. He stated all he had seen met FIFA specification.

Warner invited the governor to the draw in Abuja and commended him for his commitment in putting standard facilities in place, noting that Bauchi has demonstrated commitment to hosting the competition.

Speaking to newsmen later, Yuguda expressed delight at the approval of the state as one of the centres for hosting the tournament, noting that the approval was not for the state alone, but the entire North East.

He noted that the state was initially disturbed over insinuations that FIFA would no longer be inspecting facilities in the state.

He added that the comments initially disturbed the state government, but that when he discussed the issue with the Vice President, Goodluck Jonathan, he was assured that FIFA would visit the state.

Yuguda appealed to sport lovers in the North East to avail themselves of the development to watch good soccer when the competition starts.

jim jones

Nigeria the Amazing ? Bauchi the city with sectarian violence recently amazes Fifa's Inspectors.

Amazing Story Of Bauchi’s Sweep-in from the Back Line

From Segun Awofadeji in Bauchi, 08.07.2009

The FIFA Inspection Team members, on a last ditch inspection visit to Bauchi, yesterday, were swept off their feet by the sheer magic of the state’s facilities that had been prepared ready for the world body’s inspection. After having being left behind and nearly omitted in the list of bidding sub-seats to be inspected, due to the disturbance that erupted in the town only a week ago, everyone had thought failure for the sub-seat was already a fait accompli. But not a few were shocked when the team announced they would be in the state after all. And at the end of their visit, the FIFA team were ready to deliver another set of shock to those than can be referred to as the non-believers in the Bauchi package and hosting dream.

At the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Stadium [ATBS], FIFA official were so shell shocked over the quality of the facilities that the leader of the team, FIFA Vice-president Jack Warner would take even the people of the state by surprise when he offered to apologised to the government and people of the state over the apprehension and anxiety they had been caused by the initial baulking of the team to come to the state for inspection, and the consequent attempt to rule the sub-seat out of the race.

Speaking shortly after inspecting the facilities toured, Warner said: “From what we have seen here today, if Bauchi is not ready, then no other center is ready. We are impressed with the level of preparedness of this sub-seat and the standard of its facilities.”

Going on further, Warner revealed how Bauchi is like the product of the proverbial statement about the first becoming last and the last becoming the first. This he said had to be so in this case because Bauchi was not among the bidding sub-seats that were initially believed would make it to the final line.

“We have to come here due to the persistence of the governor of the state, coupled with his convincing words when he met us in Abuja few days ago. We have come and we are not disappointed, all we have to do is to apologise to the people of Bauchi State for the trauma, anxiety and apprehension our earlier stand might have caused them.”

Going on further, he said: “I got the first premonition that today (yesterday), would be a good day when we got to the airport and saw the aircraft we were to use. This was because, in all my domestic travels here in Nigeria in the last ten years, I have never used a better and conformable plane like that one. And when we got to Bauchi, the reception was fantastic just as the bus that met us at the airport and took us around the town was further demonstrating to us that we might be about to inspect the big one.

He then added for effect the fact that despite what they had seen in Lagos, Ijebu-Ode, Enugu, Kaduna, Calabar, and Kano, that what awaited them in Bauch was like something else. “Everything that had been done here was according to our specification. This is why I tend to give Bauchi extra marks than I had given all the other centers. For this feat we say football has won a major battle.”

After this statement, Warner extended a personal invite to Governor Isa Yuguda to come to Abuja to witness the draw, which will come up later today at the International Conference Centre.

He said about his invite: “I want you to be there so that I can use the opportunity to publicly apologise to the people of Bauchi for our initial perception of what is happening here. Bauchi will definitely be one of the eight centers that will host the championship come October.”

The FIFA Vice-president then urged the Governor to ensure that every other thing needed to be done was completed and tested before the beginning of the championship in October this year.

Speaking to newsmen later, Governor Isa Yuguda expressed delight for the tentative hosting right granted his state; a right that is expected to be formally confirmed tonight at the draw ceremony. He said the Bauchi victory is not only for the state but also for the entire states of the Northeastern Nigeria geographical zone.

He noted that the state was initially disturbed over comments that the FIFA team would not be inspecting facilities in the state. The governor said as a result of these comments, he had to go out to speak to the Vice-president and persuade him not to take those words like and that, but come around to see things for himself. He said it was after this that Mr. Warner assured him he would be coming around to Bauchi with his team.

Governor Yuguda then appealed to all sports lovers in the North East zone to avail themselves of the opportunity of watching good soccer when the competition starts, by coming in their hordes to the sub-seat and the stadium on match days. He commended all those who stood with the state during the period of travails and thanked them for believing in the state and its potentials.

Yes and they dealt with the deaths on many people at the same time their prepared to meet the requirements of a Sports Organization much Bigger then the Commonwealth Games Federation .

For all my knowledge of Nigeria this even surprizes me.

Jim Jones

Archived