Loss Of Luc Bourdon

I know this doesn't have a direct impact or association with the 2010 games, but it is important note that fans of the charismatic 21 year old rookie Luc Bourdon (including myself) from Vancouver to Winnipeg to Shippigan and those from all over the NHL map in the US and Canada are torn up over the loss of him Thursday morning in a motorcycle accident in New Brunswick. There will be a moment of silence at the beginning of Game 4 of the Stanley Cup on Saturday.

Although he didn't have a long NHL career, Bourdon became an unexpected hero at a home game against the Minnesota Wild last November when he scored his first career Canuck and NHL goal. The Canucks went on to decidedly win 6 to 2. He scored again later in the season in Florida against the Tampa Bay Lightning in a game that was a close Canuck loss of 3 to the Lightning's 4.

I had the great pleasure of seeing his first goal, and it was my divine comeuppance because I had been stubbornly singing the praises of Bourdon to my fellow fantasy league competitors. It's just too bad we won't be able to see more.

I had the great pleasure of seeing his first goal, and it was my divine comeuppance because I had been stubbornly singing the praises of Bourdon to my fellow fantasy league competitors. It's just too bad we won't be able to see more.

I'll second that thought. I had him in my hockey pool in his first year with the Canucks. He had such a power in his shot. You'll probably see the replay of one of his goals where the puck stuck into the netting. I enjoyed cheering "Use the force, Luc!" at the World Juniors.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and teammates.