The 2016 Shortlist Are...

They've just banished (my) the Ipanema Girl from my signature. I think that's a signal LOUD AND CLEAR. Looks like tHe IOC might not be in the mood to samba for 2016!!

LOL _ I loved your girl from Ipanema _ and so did nearly all my work colleagues who saw her whenever they came to my desk and saw when I had one of your posts up on screen!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rio will surpass Madrid in a technical evaluation when hell freezes over.

*sigh* Some people need to go to a proctologist (or a bath house :D) to get their sphincter loosened

James,

Over the last few months, you have proven that you are a Western hater (because it's always much more comfortable to blame someone else for your own failures than admitting at least your share of responsibility) by continuously reading any news / posts through your "western conspiracy" glasses.

You have also shown that not only have you very very limited knowledge of the Olympic Movement, the bid process as well as the various applicant cities bid - which is fine, we have all been there at one point - but that you had absolutely no interest whatsoever in learning anything that doesn't suit your uninformed opinion.

For the last time:

• yeah, Rio has made some progress and should score higher than they did for 2012,
  • Rio will most likely not be above the threshold
  • the IOC EB might however make the political move of shortlisting Rio

Stating the above points is stating the obvious.

LOL _ I loved your girl from Ipanema _ and so did nearly all my work colleagues who saw her whenever they came to my desk and saw when I had one of your posts up on screen!

Farewell to a great arse it is a sad day for gamebids.com

Tokyo, Chicago, Madrid and perhaps Rio.

Though I would drop Madrid--why they even bothered just after London getting the OSG is beyond me.

Well, what's there to say? Three certs _ Madrid, Chicago and Tokyo, and after that it's up what message the EB wants to send. If Doha gets a better score than Rio, I could see them perhaps doing a four city list. If Rio scores higher, well, it'll be interesting to see whichever way the board goes _ I guess it'll depend on how close to the top ranker scores Rio can get.

James,

Over the last few months, you have proven that you are a Western hater (because it's always much more comfortable to blame someone else for your own failures than admitting at least your share of responsibility) by continuously reading any news / posts through your "western conspiracy" glasses.

You have also shown that not only have you very very limited knowledge of the Olympic Movement, the bid process as well as the various applicant cities bid - which is fine, we have all been there at one point - but that you had absolutely no interest whatsoever in learning anything that doesn't suit your uninformed opinion.

For the last time:

• yeah, Rio has made some progress and should score higher than they did for 2012,
  • Rio will most likely not be above the threshold
  • the IOC EB might however make the political move of shortlisting Rio

Stating the above points is stating the obvious.

I don`t hate Westerners--to quickly correct you on that.

Sorry to say that I am suspicious of you people professionalism as regard candidate cities. Using national hemispher and finanace as a barometer to measure competence and who to be shortlisted one would wonder how China is digging the games more than some of the developed countries at the moment. IOC must have thought that way about China in the past not until recently--giving the games to China.

CFM Jeremei, I am a little perturbed about your views on shortlisting. However, there`s something in Rio`s bid that qualifies it to be among those to be shortlisted come the D-day.The Rio`s stadium is among the top of those bidding countries for example.Take a good look at it, my friend.

I am a bit skeptical of those three considered top bidders plans as some of them are critical of their various implementation at some stages. Rio plan is no doubt as strong as that of Chicago or Japan. Some of us here use our eyes and mind to do the analyses resorting to no facts--that`s prejudice as regard Rio`s bid.

Thatsnotmypuppy is even fond of Rio bid for no basic reason.If I may ask, why do you see Rio`s bid as a weak one,Thatsnotmypuppy?

I would like to save the best for last as concern Rio`s bid.

Thank you.

Sorry to say that I am suspicious of you people professionalism as regard candidate cities. Using national hemispher and finanace as a barometer to measure competence and who to be shortlisted one would wonder how China is digging the games more than some of the developed countries at the moment. IOC must have thought that way about China in the past not until recently--giving the games to China.

CFM Jeremei, I am a little perturbed about your views on shortlisting. However, there`s something in Rio`s bid that qualifies it to be among those to be shortlisted come the D-day.The Rio`s stadium is among the top of those bidding countries for example.Take a good look at it, my friend.

I am a bit skeptical of those three considered top bidders plans as some of them are critical of their various implementation at some stages. Rio plan is no doubt as strong as that of Chicago or Japan. Some of us here use our eyes and mind to do the analyses resorting to no facts--that`s prejudice as regard Rio`s bid.

Thatsnotmypuppy is even fond of Rio bid for no basic reason.If I may ask, why do you see Rio`s bid as a weak one,Thatsnotmypuppy?

Thank you.

@LA - my sphincter is just fine thanks. Rio outscoring Madrid...i assume u were just kidding.

@james: SHUT THE F@#$ up. you're like a bloody stuck record on and on and on and on . you REFUSE to learn from roltel or baron, those that know MASSES more than you do. each time you sound more ridiculous. grow and up and LEARN!

I think either both Doha and Rio will be included or neither.

Will Prague suprise us?

Thank you.

I am not your friend.

As Mo said you are getting ridiculous questioning our "professionalism". Some among us (Mo, Roltel, Puppy, myself) have been studying bid process for years either as journalists, students, having worked for bid committees.

Puppy, as well as others, has stated on numerous occasions Rio's bid weaknesses.

Just a simple test for you:

1. Do you agree that Olympics will attract visitors (media, olympic family, spectators...)?
  2. Do you agree that some sort of accommodation will be needed for these visitors? Do you agree that these visitors will have to be transported from these accommodations to other places?
  3. Look at how many rooms Tokyo or Chicago currently offer and compare that to the numbers of rooms offered by Rio.
  4. Look at Tokyo and Chicago transportation networks and compare to the Rio ones.
  5. Draw a conclusion.

I think either both Doha and Rio will be included or neither.

Amen to that

Will Prague suprise us?

Given the complete lack of communication coming from Prague lately, I would be flabbergasted if they move to the next stage.

@LA - my sphincter is just fine thanks. Rio outscoring Madrid...i assume u were just kidding.

Whew, I am relieved. I was worried for a minute - you rarely make an outburst like that! ;)

And yes, I was kidding. Although I have no idea - or care - what the order is. Although I don't know about Rio. They had problems getting ready for the Pan Ams, which is not that huge an event. Then they have the World Cup in 2014. The IOC might want to see how preparations for 2014 go before awarding a games. Just speculating.

Tokyo, Chicago, Madrid and perhaps Rio.

Though I would drop Madrid--why they even bothered just after London getting the OSG is beyond me.

Well, I would agree somewhat, but to an extent. The same could be said of Athens & Manchester, England going after 1996 when Barcelona had 1992, or Paris & Istanbul going after 2008 when Athens already had 2004. There's obviously some thinking within these European cities that they still have a slim chance of landing the Games on their continent again, regardless if the preceding Games are on the same continent. So I wouldn't necessarily rule them out so easily simply because of that, although *geographically* speaking, the odds tip-over to the other candidates.

@james: SHUT THE F@#$ up. you're like a bloody stuck record on and on and on and on . you REFUSE to learn from roltel or baron, those that know MASSES more than you do. each time you sound more ridiculous. grow and up and LEARN!

And the more disturbing thing is, he keeps coming back for more...

is our little 'james' a masochist in the making? :blink:

Watch how he will deny this.... :lol:

It's either gonna be Rio or Doha or none of the above. It'd be rather surprising if the IOC Executive Board were to allow 2 "sentimental" bids on the ballot simply for the sake of inclusion.

But then, if both cities are straddling the threshold and the EB includes only one of them, they will have a very difficult task explaining why they selected one and not the other. That's why I think it will be either both or none.

But the EB can set that so-called benchmark how they see fit. Having 2 "encouragable" bids on the final ballot, would seem to have more of a potential for an upset that may not be warranted. And would the IOC want to have such a situation & wind up with a city that the majority didn't really want. It's bad enough 1 of them could knock-out a stronger candidate, but having 2 of them. That's why I think the contrary.

I am not your friend.

As Mo said you are getting ridiculous questioning our "professionalism". Some among us (Mo, Roltel, Puppy, myself) have been studying bid process for years either as journalists, students, having worked for bid committees.

Puppy, as well as others, has stated on numerous occasions Rio's bid weaknesses.

Just a simple test for you:

1. Do you agree that Olympics will attract visitors (media, olympic family, spectators...)?
  2. Do you agree that some sort of accommodation will be needed for these visitors? Do you agree that these visitors will have to be transported from these accommodations to other places?
  3. Look at how many rooms Tokyo or Chicago currently offer and compare that to the numbers of rooms offered by Rio.
  4. Look at Tokyo and Chicago transportation networks and compare to the Rio ones.
  5. Draw a conclusion.

How do you commit things to a country you have negative thoughts about?

It outstanding how you bring in things that can easily be forstall into the benchmark. Rios is seeing progress in those areas you`ve just listed. Don`t be surprise, I told!

Whew, I am relieved. I was worried for a minute - you rarely make an outburst like that! ;)

And yes, I was kidding. Although I have no idea - or care - what the order is. Although I don't know about Rio. They had problems getting ready for the Pan Ams, which is not that huge an event. Then they have the World Cup in 2014. The IOC might want to see how preparations for 2014 go before awarding a games. Just speculating.

Let`s not ship in things that are negative cos even Atlanta 1996 preparedness was almost as compelling as the Pan am, if not worse.

James, no one will tell you this but I will. You are a TOTAL fool (not because of your belief in Rio).

You should stay away from the board for a while; get some therapy and come back under a new name. I shudder to think what decisions you will make when you get on some future bid committee for your country.

James, no one will tell you this but I will. You are a TOTAL fool (not because of your belief in Rio).

You should stay away from the board for a while; get some therapy and come back under a new name. I shudder to think what decisions you will make when you get on some future bid committee for your country.

Ok! You can call me whatever you want but that`s not stopping me from the truth which you want me to go against here.

Sorry to say I am not a fool. if to hold some views different from others makes one foolish, I would like to be told, Big Baron.

Archived