Opening Ceremony Details

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The sound, sounds very 'vangelish' to my ears.

2. The graphics on the floor on the stadium was already done in Athens 1997 IAAF championships. I don't want to sound 'bitchy' but we've already seen this!

3. The 2 Koreas will enter seperately?

Yes. the 2 Koreas will march in eparately.

Twas on CBC Overnight (the segment from S Korea) this morning, at 5.45am

Thats weird, as far as i knew they were going to march again as one team D88 What happened?

because of the raising intense of the relationship between these two~ North Korean army shot a South Korean tourist because of the so-called ''spy row''~

It seems that my personall predictions (and fears) will come true. This will be visually a spectacular ceremony but aesthetically boring. It will ignore the human as a individual.

The countdown? Its the idea of "human capital" in perfection! I guess it will be the epitome of totalitarianism packed in a beautiful wrapping paper.

Or will i be prooven to be wrong? Hope dies last!

It will ignore the human as a individual.

Who cares? So long as it'll look like a jaw-dropping production -- which it will be. :lol:

You know, savas, the Chinese could also say that the 'Athens 2004 OC' tried -- the key word being tried to do in a human scale -- because it didn't really have the resources and vision to bring it to a monumental scale whereas they can.

But that was that. And this is now. This is what China has to present -- so take it for what it is.

BTW, The Huffington Post says that the 2008 Ceremonies budget is...get this...$3 :blink: 0,0 :o 0,0 :blink: 0 !!!

New Zealand is going to be marching 189 out of the 205 nations! It wont be untill about 3:00 am until New Zealand marches... It is going to be a late night!

Is Beijing going to distribute an official soundtrack with music of the opening ceremony?

If so, I'd like to buy the soundtrack when I am in Beijing.

The videos are no longer available at youtube now.

I know that the ChinEsso petrol station at the corner of People's Parkway and Jiang Jing Avenue will be selling these.

I have heard that China will enter at last!!!!!

OMG!! I have to stay up that late to watch them march in!!

Does anybody know when the Maldives march in? I don't want to be caught in the bathroom when my 2nd fave team, the Maldivinians, march in!! :mellow:

It will ignore the human as a individual.

Well this ceremony aims to “present the Chinese spirit.” Things may be changing, but the individual has never really been valued as much as the group in China. But I agree, the entire meaning may be lost with so much going on.

You know, savas, the Chinese could also say that the 'Athens 2004 OC' tried -- the key word being tried to do in a human scale -- because it didn't really have the resources and vision to bring it to a monumental scale whereas they can.

I don't think it was about lack of resources - What Athens wanted to present to world would NOT have worked with thousands of performers. But that's for a different discussion.

marejane -- so how can that red, rolled-up thingy be part of a phoenix? I think it's going to be more like a flower or a scroll.

The entire OC must be linked with different themes properly working as a completed story line at least.

What the heck it's going to be a flower standing aside of the bird's nest. That's just wreid universally. :(

The entire OC must be linked with different themes properly working as a completed story line at least.

What the heck it's going to be a flower standing aside of the bird's nest. That's just wreid universally. :(

Because it looks more like a flower!! I DON'T SEE the Phoenix thing there! And you're not going to have this real elaborate-looking thing on the roof.

Is there any ranking with the order of the parade? All I know is...

1. Greece

2. Guinea-Bissau

·

·

·

189. New Zealand

·

·

·

199. Germany

·

·

·

203. Australia

204. Zambia

205. China

Newspapers say Spain is going to be one of the first nations, but I don't know which place exactly. We have 6 strokes so I think it would be 30th/40th, more or less.

Is there any ranking with the order of the parade? All I know is...

1. Greece

2. Guinea-Bissau

·

·

·

189. New Zealand

·

·

·

199. Germany

·

·

·

203. Australia

204. Zambia

205. China

Newspapers say Spain is going to be one of the first nations, but I don't know which place exactly. We have 6 strokes so I think it would be 30th/40th, more or less.

Thats all I no as well!

Greece will be marching first.

Baron is correct......IOC Opening Ceremony protocol requires Greece to enter first, and the host nation to enter last.

They are using the alphabet (I don't remember what it is called) of China, the host country.