Opening Ceremony Details

I don't quite understand you. On the one hand, you don't want to see the leaked pictures, but on the other hand you want to know whether it's a worthy show?

I think that the comments above say enough about the "worthiness" of the show (if it can be judged by some a-few-seconds-long snippets at all).

XDD i know i was just joking arround :lol: , i don't care watching the vids. And anyway, every ceremony has always released some short preview videos of it before the big day.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! This Ceremony is conceived by carpet salesmen!! :blink: All those carpet/linoleum-type thingies being rolled out!!

Anyway, I don't think these are 'leaks.' They purposely allow some clips to get 'out' anyway because the networks around the world need a few seconds of the Ceremony to promote their coverage of the Games within the next week or so.

Which is why I think they've held final dress rehearsals earlier than previously in order to allow the Official Broadcasters more time to put together their Beijing 2008 promo clips -- and use these very fresh 2008 clips rather than older footage from Athens. You will see these promos of the OC more frequently in the next few days vs. none at all in previous years.

So it's nothing to be alarmed about. This will probably be the new IOC-broadcasters' practice -- holding the final OC dress rehearsal some 10 days out vs. 3 nights before the actual OC. It also allows BOCOG more time to rehearse the Closing Ceremony in the actual stadium as well -- and then get more clips on that also to show a few days before the actual Closing.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

preview videos look good, looks modern

would be very ironic if after all these years of speculation it was a sole person who simply put tortch to the cauldron to light it lol

These are not really 'leaks.' They purposely allow some clips to get 'out' anyway because the networks around the world need a few seconds of the Ceremony to promote their coverage of the Games within the next week or so.

Which is why I think they've held final dress rehearsals earlier than previously in order to allow the Official Broadcasters more time to put together their Beijing 2008 promo clips -- and use these very fresh 2008 clips rather than older footage from Athens. You will see these promos of the OC more frequently in the next few days vs. none at all in previous years.

So it's nothing to be alarmed about. This will probably be the new IOC-broadcasters' practice -- holding the final OC dress rehearsal some 10 days out vs. 3 nights before the actual OC. It also allows BOCOG more time to rehearse the Closing Ceremony in the actual stadium as well -- and then get more clips on that also to show a few days before the actual Closing.

I was thinking in the same way at the begining, but a lot of Chinese forums are heavily criticising SBS (South Korea)'s leaking~ Coz worldwide olympic broadcastors excpet this one really broke the rule somehow. But thanks for my collected impressions, the leaked ones was just a small part of the entire show. Who knows~

This is going to be a jaw-dropper!! Beat Athens' be a mile!!

As for 'mass performances.' Of course!! How can there not be? This is a land of 1.3 billion people, FGS!!

Athens did the "lake" thingy and a sparser show because they only have 11 million people -- and NOT all performers showed up because they were away at the beach!! :lol: Too busy enjoying their vacation!! :lol:

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Hmmm, looks pretty interesting and modern. The countdown looks like MJ told us (with that neon drums, now i see what was the purpose of those props i saw on pics). The raising blocks on the center makes an interesting effect too (and the projections at the roof, with that whales and birds are also awesome, but not that much like the giant Doha 2006 screen). But if you look carefully, this is not a full dress rehearsal since there are still performers with normal staff outfites (like the girsl who dance at the giant carpet roll). Also i'm a little worried about that boring looking placard girls, i hope they're not making also the dress rehearsal (but anyway great part of the people will not care much about this part, the Sydney 2000 ones were plain boring too)

Anyway i don't think the entire content of the ceremony was leaked, this was just a little preview and i'm sure the final OC will be way MORE BETTER than this

Anyway i don't think the entire content of the ceremony was leaked, this was just a little preview and i'm sure the final OC will be way MORE BETTER than this

Oh yeah. If anything, it's just a teaser of a fantastic show!!

It's going to be a 'whale' of a show!!

BTW, they've taken the site down at Youtube.

But if you look carefully, this is not a full dress rehearsal since there are still performers with normal staff outfites

Plus the 'Imperial court' in what must be the Tang or Qin dynasty sequence -- being pushed in their 'royal platform.' Still in modern-day dress -- altho of course, Zhmou is portraying them as very hip, avante garde Imperial personages!! :lol:

I think the cauldron is going to be like a Chinese sweet roll! There's been no allusions to Chinese food so far. So maybe the cauldron will be like a sweet, sticky roll!!

This is going to be one super-technically complicated show.

Plus the 'Imperial court' in what must be the Tang or Qin dynasty sequence -- being pushed in their 'royal platform.' Still in modern-day dress -- altho of course, Zhmou is portraying them as very hip, avante garde Imperial personages!! :lol:

I think the cauldron is going to be like a Chinese sweet roll! There's been no allusions to Chinese food so far. So maybe the cauldron will be like a sweet, sticky roll!!

This is going to be one super-technically complicated show.

I saw multi-colour phonixes~ that's definitly the core-idea surrounding the cauldron~I'm sure it is~ also the peak of night is supposed to be million children laughing faces....So I'm looking forward to that~Music is fantastic

if you look on getty images they have the placard girls in their proper uniforms and they are dressed - wiat for it - in red!

Thanks for the info. Oh and BTW like baron said, the vids have been deleted, good thing i saved them on my hard drive :lol:

Thanks for the info. Oh and BTW like baron said, the vids have been deleted, good thing i saved them on my hard drive :lol:

Just for god sake don't leak them everywhere~it really kills many people's curiousities.

again~ tonight it's the second rehearsal

20080730190356f1c43.jpg

200807301904058b3e4.jpg

Hmph, some assholes on Youtube started to say already that the usage of whales on the roof were portraying Japan as a whale killer which commits crimes against nature, and that is a political message. Gimmie a break ¬_¬

BTW altough the videos got deleted they are being re-uploaded again xD

Hmph, some assholes on Youtube started to say already that the usage of whales on the roof were portraying Japan as a whale killer which commits crimes against nature, and that is a political message. Gimmie a break ¬_¬

BTW altough the videos got deleted they are being re-uploaded again xD

You got to be loving the politics between China, Korea and Japan~ Just a mass and senseless arguments sometimes. LOL~that's why we all need to be open-minded before the Olympics

dam~that's the power of entertainment. :(

1. The sound, sounds very 'vangelish' to my ears.

2. The graphics on the floor on the stadium was already done in Athens 1997 IAAF championships. I don't want to sound 'bitchy' but we've already seen this!

3. The 2 Koreas will enter seperately?

2. The graphics on the floor on the stadium was already done in Athens 1997 IAAF championships. I don't want to sound 'bitchy' but we've already seen this!

I didn't see it at those 1997 IAAfs -- so that doesn't count, Pyrros. :lol:

Well, they projected a lot on the ice in Salt Lake -- so already done. (NOthing's really new.)

But my question is: what's with the whales? I mean whales have never been identified with China? Koi, yes. But not whales.

Now, all of a sudden China's becoming a great crusader for Shamu and Keiko? The 'whale' bit appears very disingenous to me. Or is that Christian segment about 'Jonah and the Whale'? :lol:

Edited by baron-pierreIV
I didn't see it at those 1997 IAAfs -- so that doesn't count, Pyrros. :lol:

Well, they projected a lot on the ice in Salt Lake -- so already done. (NOthing's really new.)

But my question is: what's with the whales? I mean whales have never been identified with China? Koi, yes. But not whales.

Now, all of a sudden China's becoming a great crusader for Shamu and Keiko? The 'whale' bit appears very disingenous to me. Or is that Christian segment about 'Jonah and the Whale'? :lol:

That segment is formally called 世界大同 (World of Harmony), it's an ancient Chinese philosophical concept discribing a their version of Utophia.~It's almost equivalent to the idea of Greek vision of the world shown in Athens 2004. It's a total eurocentric-off show please~ What the heck.

That segment is formally called 世界大同 (World of Harmony), it's an ancient Chinese philosophical concept discribing a their version of Utophia.~It's almost equivalent to the idea of Greek vision of the world shown in Athens 2004. It's a total eurocentric-off show please~ What the heck.

Oh, I see. The "One World, One Dream" segment. OK.

All together, everyone...

It's a world of laughter, a world or tears

its a world of hopes, its a world of fear

theres so much that we share

that its time we're aware

its a small world after all

CHORUS:

its a small, small world

There is just one moon and one golden sun

And a smile means friendship to everyone.

Though the mountains divide

And the oceans are wide

It's a small small world

Oh, I see. The "One World, One Dream" segment. OK.

All together, everyone...

It's a world of laughter, a world or tears

its a world of hopes, its a world of fear

theres so much that we share

that its time we're aware

CHORUS:

its a small, small world

There is just one moon and one golden sun

And a smile means friendship to everyone.

Though the mountains divide

And the oceans are wide

It's a small small world

Dude xDDDDDDD have i told you already how much i love your comments? :lol: :lol: :lol: