62.Republic of Lithuania 立陶宛

63.The Burkina Faso 布基纳法索

64.The Republic of Burundi 布隆迪

65.The Federation of Saint Kitts and Nevis 圣基茨和尼维斯

66.State of Qatar 卡塔尔

67.The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg 卢森堡

68.The Gabonese Republic 加蓬

Thank you!

Are you also going to make a list after 68?

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While in an ideal world it would be nice for the entire opening ceremony to be kept under wraps, this isnt all that unusual - even aside from the traditional official teaser which is always released before the night of the opening ceremon by the organising committee.

Even the cauldron lighting method is usually not a complete secret.

We all had an idea that the Athens cauldron was probably going to be bending down in some way.

And then even back in Sydney, most people could see that it was going to be a fire and water sequence, and that it was highly likely that a waterfall would flow down the stand. And this was backed up when water was seen dripping down from the back of the stand during one of the rehersals.

Even the content of the opening ceremony was revealed to a large degree before it happened back in 2000.

The following are portions of an article posted on what was then TSG forums, back on the 3rd of September 2000, around 12 days before the opening ceremony.

.... Olympic ceremonies sources have outlined to the Australian the ceremony in which a young girl with zinc creamed nose and traditional Aboriginal dancer Djakapurra undertake a mythical voyage through Australia's history.

Their journey will feature fire breathers igniting bushes, a giant Aboriginal dreamtime creation known as Wandjina and a seat of Australia wildflowers, trees and animals.

There cermeony will burst to life when 120 stockriders storm the stadium at 7pm on September 15 as the Sydney Symphony orchestra strikes up.

After forming the Olympic rings, the riders will throw their stock hats into the crowd and shout *G'day*.

A replica of Sydney's ANZAC Bridge, which has been chosen rather than the Harbour Bridge will rise before 2000 performers to end the 60min creative segment.

The creative segment, directed by Gold Coast artist Lloyd Bond, will be performed on a 23,000sqm groiund cloth featuring the world's largest mural.

Considering this, I'd say Beijing has done a pretty decent job on keeping their ceremony under wraps. Of course we have a few vague images of the Beijing rehersals, but I dont think anyone can really take them and put together a storyline or theme of the ceremonies.ds

Okay, my earlier post today was pushed way back in the thread with all those Chinese character posts.

Again, leaked OC dress rehearsal footage: http://blogs.smh.com.au/olympics/stephenhu...youtubeoly.html

Yahoo! article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcb_china/20080731...golympicsecrets

Doesn't look as spectacular as I hoped it would be.

Sorry, but you're telling us nothing new. We already discussed that video starting from page 27 of this thread. Additionally, the opening ceremony leak was already all over the news around the world.

But I don't understand what you find unspectacular about the ceremony. I think that those moving blocks on the ground, the flashing drums and the whale projections on the rim of the roof look jaw-dropping.

Official sources don't have the same order, Maryjane :rolleyes:

1. Greece

2. Guinea-Bissau

3. Madagascar*

4. FYR Macedonia*

5. Malaysia*

·

·

39. Brazil

·

·

43. Panama

·

·

62. Ghana

63. Canada

·

·

81. Guatemala

·

·

139. United States

·

·

189. New Zealand

·

·

199. Germany

·

·

203. Australia

204. Zambia

205. China

*I'm not sure if that's the correct order but these three countries will be marching at the beginning

Any other country? I still don't know where Spain will be...

Sorry, but you're telling us nothing new. We already discussed that video starting from page 27 of this thread. Additionally, the opening ceremony leak was already all over the news around the world.

But I don't understand what you find unspectacular about the ceremony. I think that those moving blocks on the ground, the flashing drums and the whale projections on the rim of the roof look jaw-dropping.

Thanks for pointing that out. My bad.

I still find it (or at least what was leaked/released) rather dull. Sure, they're eye candy, but I've seen that thousand-people-in-unison-with-drums-set-to-high-pitched-screeching-music before. When the creative team and basic concept was announced, I (and many people here) already had specific visuals in mind. I think I'm not satisfied because I live in Asia and perhaps have had more exposure to Chinese culture. I was hoping for something unexpected, something that pushes the envelope further.

Why are folks so upset about a sneak peak of the opening ceremony? Do you close your eyes and plug your ears when a movie trailer comes on the television?

We're just curious. We love the olympics. Some of us can't get enough.

For those of us in the states, these sneak peak pics and videos are all we're going to see of the opening ceremony. Being that NBC does such a crappy job of covering the ceremony.

PEACE!

Why are folks so upset about a sneak peak of the opening ceremony? Do you close your eyes and plug your ears when a movie trailer comes on the television?

For those of us in the states, these sneak peak pics and videos are all we're going to see of the opening ceremony. Being that NBC does such a crappy job of covering the ceremony.

PEACE!

I don't understand it either.....NBC's paid more than a billion dollars to acquire the Beijing tv rights yet they're going through with all that cut editing nonsense with the opening ceremonies. It's even worse for the closing ceremonies, half of it is usually gone....like for Torino and Athens.

Vancouver 2010 should be a welcome change to Americans. Both the opening and closing ceremonies will be live primetime on NBC, the first time since Salt Lake.

OK~ I have helped to make a short list from 1 to 69 for the Athelets Marching Order on 8.8.2008 in Beijing

1.Greece 希腊

2.The Republic of Guinea 几内亚

3.The Republic of Guinea-Bissau 几内亚比绍

4.Yemen 也门

5.Turkey 土耳其

6.Turkmenistan 土库曼斯坦

7.Maldives 马尔代夫

8.Republic of Malta 马耳他

9.Republic of Madagascar 马达加斯加

10.The Republic of Mali 马里

11.Malaysia 马来西亚

54.Republic of Nepal 尼泊尔

55.The Republic of Rwanda 卢旺达

56.Republic of India 印度

57.Republic of Indonesia 印度尼西亚

58.Timor-Leste 东帝汶

59.Belarus 白俄罗斯

60.Republic of Chad 乍得

The order doesn't seem to be in English nor Chinese . Take Yemen & Turkey for example , The hanyinpinyin are Ye men and Tu er qi .

Hi~guys. Thanks for pointing out the differeneces of between my order and the official one.

Because I only took the idea of counting the Chinese strokes for making the order. But I just realising that the offical one is not as mine.

Ok~ I found the official one generally followed the idea of mine, it's almost the same. But it's strange they jumped over some countries like from 1 to 10.

And~that's a bit wried.

But definitly not in Han Yu Pin Yin

PEACE!

I think it's the Korean Broadcastors really given BOCOG a message about the security which they invested a lot of efforts on doesn't seem to be working well.

This guy from wikipedia is the Assistant Chef de Mision for Canada, and he says he's going to e-mail me the order for the parade of nations. I will post it when I get it. And, I believe NBC will show all delegations because as it is taped, they can cut to commercial without losing anything. That's what they did in 2006 in Torino. Let's hope. And regardless, you don't have to worry about Guatemala going right after Germany and Britain.

I don't understand why NBC couldn't air it live on CNBC, USA, Bravo, or MSNBC, then air it in primetime on NBC. That would make much more sense.

Seamus, because the OC is not all that important to many people. And who will be watching at 2:00 am in the morning? Economically, it doesn't make sense for the network.

Chapin, yeah, as for the smaller nations, unfortunately, because how many people really care for San Marino or Tuvalu or the Maldives, the smaller nations get cut out because the advertisers have to have their time. That's a fact of life.

Now, if the Guatemalans marched out in something snazzy or wacky -- like you know they always show the Mongolians because their guys walk in w/ just a thong. So maybe if the Guatemalans march in with some gimmick -- either bare-breated women or have those Groucho Marx masks :lol: , certainly NBC will probably not cut them out!!

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Seamus, because the OC is not all that important to many people. And who will be watching at 2:00 am in the morning? Economically, it doesn't make sense for the network.

Chapin, yeah, as for the smaller nations, unfortunately, because how many people really care for San Marino or Tuvalu or the Maldives, the smaller nations get cut out becuase the advertisers have to have their time. That's a fact of life.

you care, especially the Maldives :unsure: