Opening Ceremony Details

anno

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys, from Getty Images, i got a leaked pic of that so talked segment with the children smiles (i just hope GI don't kill me xD)

82128415xh6.jpg

And the placard girls, which will lead each delegation during the parade

82128452ng9.jpg

82119514ki1.jpg

PD: Can anyone tell me the number of order Venezuela will march? O_O (yeah, that's my country)

Who cares? So long as it'll look like a jaw-dropping production -- which it will be. :lol:

You know, savas, the Chinese could also say that the 'Athens 2004 OC' tried -- the key word being tried to do in a human scale -- because it didn't really have the resources and vision to bring it to a monumental scale whereas they can.

But that was that. And this is now. This is what China has to present -- so take it for what it is.

BTW, The Huffington Post says that the 2008 Ceremonies budget is...get this...$3 :blink: 0,0 :o 0,0 :blink: 0 !!!

As ive said before. whether its in China or Athens or Yankee Town, a procession of "time periods" on trailers moving around the stadium is not exciting, not on any scale.

And the placard girls, which will lead each delegation during the parade

82128452ng9.jpg

Those girls are much more elegant than those ridiculous outfits worn by the Athens and Torino girls.

So when are they going to have drag queens carry the placards? Rio 2020? :lol:

Edited by baron-pierreIV

As ive said before. whether its in China or Athens or Yankee Town, a procession of "time periods" on trailers moving around the stadium is not exciting, not on any scale.

Exactly, it's called a "tableau." So kinda like some attractions in the Disney parks: "It's A Small World" and the now defunct "It's A Great, Big Beautiful Tomorrow" (the GE Pavilion).

Is Beijing going to distribute an official soundtrack with music of the opening ceremony?

If so, I'd like to buy the soundtrack when I am in Beijing.

The videos are no longer available at youtube now.

The company that had the rights of the Athens 2004 Olympic, Victory Music, also bought the international rights for Beijing 2008. So when the DVDs will be released in Greece I will inform you.

The video is available at the newspaper site of Lady G here: http://www.e-tipos.com/newsitem?id=46403 (click video at left).

As the video has settled in on me, I just don't like it. There's something eerie and alien about it. Athens was so elegant, understated, and classy, this seems overly futuristic, in a really tacky way.

Because you are familiar with that culture, I think you need to watch more before you judge the whole thing.

Dudes, i got more or less how the lighting of the cauldron will be. From a korean website (once again SBS are such a thieves >o<) , this is what i obtained after translating it (there are a lot of mistakes but it gives you an idea

http://news.sbs.co.kr/section_news/news_re..._id=N1000451458

Beijing Olympics torch lighting 'surprise'… will ignite a phoenix?

<Anchor>

Past Olympic torch in the opening ceremony should always burn in 'surprise' is directing a while. The Beijing Olympics, the legendary phoenix emerge as a new thought I'd be interested in him.

A reporter covering gwonjongoh in Beijing.

<Reporters>

A highlight of the opening ceremony of lighting the torch at the legendary phoenix and dragon is known to be highly likely to emerge.

Considering that a new nest-shaped stadium, the Phoenix side weighs more silripnida.

Phoenix came into the stadium when the final runner will come down from the sky to light the torch attached to this approach would be observed.

The opening ceremony of the people and the sky is one subject that is' kilodalton hapil 'deuleomatgo China's psychiatrist also symbolizes a new leap forward in terms of getting to be persuasive.

The nine-fire to facilitate the fire flushed with the torch will attach seoldo raised.

Chinese dragons are a number to nine factors that sangseo ropge yeoginda speculation.

[Ringrinda / Beijing citizens: Very creative ways to use the peculiarities of Chinese culture and Beijing are expected to show.]

On Friday the opening ceremony chongyeonchulja jangyimeowoo coach to ignite the final hwakjeonghan Beijing after being near the end of practice.

Tournament organizers are extremely security in keeping the world's best bet would be a surprise.

Maryjane, no offense but why do you publish pics unrelated with the opening ceremony on this thread? (i just see a bunch of crow coming out from the stadium and nothing else altough the last pics of the Aquatic centre are beautiful ^w^)

maryjane, great photos of the gals. But as rav3n said, kindly filter out all those Aquatic Center stuff since we've already seen those a thousand times and have no bearing with the Topic of this thread -- Opening Ceremony Details.

So, Joaquin "Phoenix" :lol: will come down and light the cauldron -- but the cauldron is NOT going to be in the shape of a phoenix. I think it's more like a rose or some flower.

I'm sure the opening ceremony will be visually stunning, but I'm also convinced that it will carry some sort of subtlety when it comes to the greatness of the Chinese communist system and all that fun political stuff.

As far as the Parade of Nations is concerned (always my favorite part), I'm really surprised the powers-that-be in Beijing haven't revealed the order yet. If I recall, the order for Athens was revealed at least a couple of weeks, if not a month or more before the actual opening ceremony. I know the Chinese don't have an official alphabetical "order" like Western countries have, but still though I guess the reasoning behind it is just to add to the secrecy of the Opening Ceremony as a whole.

Obviously Greece will be first, and apparently Guinea (or is it Guinea-Bissau?) will be second, and the Chinese last, with everyone else somewhere in between. When will the official order be known, or will we just have to wait for the ceremony itself next Friday?

I got a better Korean Translation of the article:

When igniting Songhwa from the successive Olympic opening ceremony, will increase, 'all of a sudden the show ' production [twayss] the [cyo]. This Beijing from Fick raising with the fact that the new Chinese phoenix of legend will appear an interest and pulls.

Five journalist volume bell collected materials from Beijing.

< Journalist >

To Songhwa ignition which is a highlight of the opening ceremony the Chinese phoenix which comes out to legend or became known that the possibility which will appear easily is high.

When gives consideration the point where the week stadium is the new nest shape more the weight is recorded the Chinese phoenix side.

When the last runner comes in into the week stadium, the Chinese phoenix will descend from a sky and will swell up in the flame-holder and is an observation which means becomes the method which attaches.

The person and the sky which are a subject of the opening ceremony become one and 'also the lowly man union' psychiatry fits and China symbolizes a new jump obtains a persuasion from point.

Nine will swell up easily and to emit will swell up in the flame-holder and also the opinion will attach was proposed.

With the Chinese superscription [lop] to think the number which is 9 are the guess which gives consideration a point.

[is a ring phosphorus,/the Beijing citizen: Very forecasts with the fact that will show the Chinese culture to use the method which is originative and the peculiarity of Beijing.]

Opening ceremony total production person chapter Director [me] right after the last deciding upon a last 6th ignition method, is in the process of end practicing from the Beijing suburb.

The up of conference organizing is assuring as all of a sudden the show of best in the world which maintains the security of the extreme becoming.

There's also an illustration regarding the lighting, click at your own risk.

http://img.sbs.co.kr/newimg/news/200807/200281019.jpg

What was happed to Iran in Athens?

I forgot. Doesn't matter. Nobody really minds Iran.

(Actually, MJ, in 1988 in Seoul, they demanded that their placard bearer be a 'male' otherwise they would not march in. I forget whether the South Koreans gave in or not. Well, Atlanta used both men & women -- so I think there wasn't much of a problem in Atlanta.)