2011 Fifa U-20 World Cup Host

Venezuela and Portugal are one of the bidding countries for the 2011 Youth World Cup. The FIFA will decide the final host by the end of this month.

The venezuelan bid is strongly supported by the Spanish Football Federation, as well for Joseph Blatter and some FIFA membes, who admitted the excelent effort put by the caribbean country on the hosting of the Copa America the last year (which was the best organized edition of the tournament ever). However, the lack of historial of the national team on world tournaments will put the things more harder to them.

A link to the interview with Rafael Esquivez, president of the FVF: http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/federation/i...sid=760758.html

Of course, i wish my country to win, but i also admitt that there's a long way for the national team to be truly recognized. Besides, they should start with the works on a good time instead of last hour like in 2007.

Certainly I heard very positive reports on the Copa America in Venezuela, so much so that they were even being touted as possible World Cup hosts if things went wrong with Brazil. It's probably a bit much asking for that, but I don't see why this tournament would be beyond them. Portugal are a very strong opponent, though.

Looks like it should be a good race, both countries would be good hosts.

By the way, Venezuela isn't a Caribbeans country.

Looks like it should be a good race, both countries would be good hosts.

By the way, Venezuela isn't a Caribbeans country.

The Caribbean includes all islands and coasts bordering the sea, this includes Venezuela.

Not Venezuela, neither Portugal. The host of the 2011 U-20 World Cup will be Colombia. I'm happy for them, altought i think we deserved more to be the hosts because of our infrastructure. Anyway i'm pretty sure that the backstabbing attitude of our ''president'' (if i can call him like that) with the FARC and all of the recent polemic with the international relationships was one of the causes of our defeat

Archived