Euro 2008

After all the efforts done by the media, by the Turkish lobby groups and the German politicians, I'm pretty optimistic that this night will become a huge German-Turkish celebration -- regardless of who wins. Although probably, if Germany loses, the German supporters will not be as enthusiastic about celebrating as the Turkish supporters would be if Turkey lost. Turkey has already achieved more at this EURO than they probably expected themselves, while it would be more bitter for Germany to miss the final a second time in two years.

That leads me to my prediction. And as much as I respect the enormous fighting spirit of the Turks, I don't think that it will be sufficient this time, with all those painful losses of players. The German team will take this match very seriously, since they absolutely want to reach the final (especially Michael Ballack who was denied the final of a big tournament twice).

And so my prediction is:

Germany-Turkey 3-1

Or maybe the match will be so defensive that it will be only a 1-0? Or a 1-1 with penalty shoot-out? Anyway, I hope for an offensive match.

That's called football, a game for friendship :), and for baron and faster, like I said Turkey in this tournament is very lucky team, so who knows what will happen in tonight match ? ;)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given how short of playing resources the Turks are, I think their only chance tonight is to play a similar way to the quarter-final against Croatia and say to Germany: 'Break us down if you're good enough'. They can always nick a goal from a set-piece.

I hope we are all right about the 3-1 scoreline, its what I bet on.

Well, if so many people predict the same result, we only can be wrong. :lol:

Shall I rather correct my prediction for 1-1 after extra time and 5-4 in penalty shoot-out? ;)

5-4 for Germany, by the way.

LOL! :lol:

Anyways, I'm so giddied-up about this match. I was barely able to get some sleep last night, as I was greatly ancitipating and waiting for it to begin. It's definitely a treat for all German-Turks, so I'm going to enjoy it and naturally support whoever comes out as the winner for the finals. B)

It is an amazing athmosphere here in Hamburg - the underground trains are full of Turkish and German fans, who are going to the fanfest on the Heiligengeistfeld - it is warm outside and the people are sitting on the streets in front of restaurants or bars with large screens - everywhere are people with the colours of the German and Turkish team...

I will stay at home :(

since I have to get up very early tomorrow...

Germany: 1 Lehmann - 3 Friedrich - 17 Mertesacker - 21 Metzelder - 16 Lahm - 6 Rolfes - 15 Hitzlsperger - 7 Schweinsteiger - 13 Ballack - 20 Podolski - 11 Klose

Turkey: 1 Rüstü - 20 Sabri - 4 Gökhan - 6 Mehmet Topal - 3 Hakan Balta - 22 Hamit Altintop - 7 Mehmet Aurelio - 19 Ayhan - 16 Ugur - 9 Semih - 18 Kazim

referee: Massimo Busacca (Switzerland)

Fear not! For the red flag that proudly ripples in this glorious twilight, shall never fade,

Before the last fiery hearth that is ablaze within my nation is extinguished.

For That is the star of my nation, and it will forever shine;

It is mine; and solely belongs to my valiant nation.

Frown not, I beseech you, oh thou coy crescent,

But smile upon my heroic race! Why the anger, why the rage? ¹

Our blood which we shed for you will not be blessed otherwise;

For freedom is the absolute right of my God-worshiping nation.

Unity and justice and freedom

For the German fatherland!

For these let us all strive

Brotherly with heart and hand!

Unity and justice and freedom

Are the pledge of fortune;

Flourish in this fortune's blessing,

Flourish, German fatherland.

Flourish in this fortune's blessing,

Flourish, German fatherland.

Archived