Euro 2008

Well - now Turkey has to score a goal otherwise it would become boring

Do you really think that the match could become boring, due to the Swiss goal? I think that the match hasn't lost anything of its excitement. On this pitch and with the fighting spirit of the Turks, everything can happen.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah - I don't want to see the next 45 minutes with an advantage for Switzerland - the earlier Turkey will score a goal the match will become very very exciting

Furthermore I would prefer if Portugal and Turkey will reach the next round - since the first and second of this group will play in the next round against the first and the second of the German group.

Yeah - I don't want to see the next 45 minutes with an advantage for Switzerland - the earlier Turkey will score a goal the match will become very very exciting

Furthermore I would prefer if Portugal and Turkey will reach the next round - since the first and second of this group will play in the next round against the first and the second of the German group.

Turkey against Germany would certainly not be a good idea -- can you imagine what would happen on our streets then? And I think that Switzerland would be beatable for Germany as well.

But until now, we don't even know whether Germany will reach the quarter-final (although it's pretty realistic) and whether it will be the first or the second of group B. We could as well have Portugal as quarter-final opponent...

Now Switzerland pretty much experiences what the World Cup host Germany experienced in 2006. Only that Germany experienced such a last-minute defeat in the semi-final and still stayed in the tournament.

And Switzerland is out of the tournament already... That is heart-breaking. Although one has to admit that Turkey was the slightly better side tonight.

And Switzerland is out of the tournament already... That is heart-breaking. Although one has to admit that Turkey was the slightly better side tonight.

It is always sad when a host doesn't reach the quarter final, but I agree Turkey was slightly better tonight - and we should keep in mind that Turkey experienced the same feeling in 2005, which the Switzerland has right now - when Turkey failed in Istanbul...

And this is the situation in group A:

1st Portugal 6 points (5-1 goals)

2nd Czech Republic 3 points (2-3 goals)

2nd Turkey 3 points (2-3 goals)

4th Switzerland 0 points (1-3 goals)

That means that Portugal is definitely first in group A, due to its victories against the Czech Republic and Turkey.

The Czechs and the Turks will meet for the decisive match on Sunday -- any side has to win for advancing to the quarter-final.

And Switzerland is definitely out, due to its defeats against the Czech Republic and Turkey.

It is always sad when a host doesn't reach the quarter final, but I agree Turkey was slightly better tonight - and we should keep in mind that Turkey experienced the same feeling in 2005, which the Switzerland has right now - when Turkey failed in Istanbul...

Nevertheless, I certainly don't wish a quarter-final Germany-Turkey because of the aforementioned reasons. So I'll root for the Czech Republic on Sunday.

So this concludes a turbulent EURO day.

My predictions for tomorrow:

Germany - Croatia 2-1

Austria - Poland 1-1

Germany 3 - 0 Croatia unfortunately I think Croatia is gonna get plastered, I hope Ballack, Frings and Klose score

Austria 0 - 0 Poland

Archived