Euro 2008

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll bet they're breathing a big sigh of relief though. They looked very good going forward at times but they're all over the place at the back, particularly the goalkeeper. I don't care who wins the other semi-final - if Germany defend like that on Sunday night they will get torn to shreds.

I'll bet they're breathing a big sigh of relief though. They looked very good going forward at times but they're all over the place at the back, particularly the goalkeeper. I don't care who wins the other semi-final - if Germany defend like that on Sunday night they will get torn to shreds.

100 % agree.

Our team obviously loves the drama. But the Turks fully proved that they will fight until the very last second, even with a B squad. Strangely, now Germany was in Turkey's shoes and decided the match almost in the final seconds.

And then those power outages... I've never seen something like that at a big international tournament. But I'm glad that all the rest of the world had the same problems -- we felt very embarrassed at first when our TV commentator had to work as radio commentator, because we thought that it was only the German ZDF which cocked up the broadcast.

However, those power outages are representative for a very tumultous football evening.

And despite all that trouble, Germany really has reached the final of this EURO. Is it really deserved? I don't know yet, after those terrible defensive and passing mistakes they committed tonight, just like in the match against Croatia and partially also against Austria. Will they manage to pull themselves together on Sunday, just like they did against Portugal?

Spain and Russia are rather offensively-playing teams, so maybe there's hope that the Germans will have less difficulties to make their game. But on the other hand, now it's clear for our opponent in the final: If you destroy the German game from the very first minute, our team falls apart and is the victim of its (appallingly) bad nerves. At least tonight, they still had some nerves to somehow turn the match around -- but not every opponent allows such maneuvers.

Oh well -- but at least, we're Vice European Champion now. And already that is more than we could expect after the disastrous performance against Croatia, the not very better performance against Austria and the almost-disaster tonight.

What can I say?... Congratulations, Germany, for being horrifyingly efficient, once again. Three shots, three goals. That's the raw truth, even if I don't like it one bit. Call me an idealist but I believe the ultimate prize should go the most consistent, and, most of all, most entertaining team -- afterall, football is played for the fans, and they always expect exciting, well-played games with an explosion of feelings throughout the 90 minutes. The sad thing is that there hasn't been any team with both these qualities...

I hope Russia or Spain play one hell of a match in the final and give back to Europe a thoroughly deserved champion.

Great Games, very deep respect for the turks, after the match I realize, the turkey's luck is not just a luck, but it's come with their spirit, with their determination :), and the biggest problem for geman now is their goalkeeper, I hope germany can find a replace for kahn soon.

In indonesia, we can't watch the second goal for both team, because we have signal problem, Indonesia's presenter said that problem happen in all over the world, and after I read the post in here I believe we all in same condition :(

Tonight match is another interesting match, the rematch of group d's opening match, I hope that spain can win this game, but after watched russian's game when they played again the netherlands, who knows what will happen tonight ?

My hope :

Spain 2 - 0 Russia

Baron, the final is June 29th May in Switzerland time, June 30th in Indonesia time, and I don't know for the US time :)

Kahn hasn't been Germany's keeper since 2004. Klinseman's first choice was always Lehmann and so he is Low's.

Robert Enke is probably the next in line, though I know some would prefer Rene Alder to take over after this tournament.

what date are the finals?

Sunday.

Anyways, I want to congratulate the German team on their victory last night. Just as I predicted, it wouldn't come easy but they nevertheless got the job done and scored the necessary amount of goals on time to ensure that they've earned the victory that would take them to the finals.

I must say, Germany played quite poor during the first half. They weren't attacking that well and they didn't "connect" as well as a team in terms of defending and passing the ball amongst themselves. Despite that, they managed to turn the game around in the second half and were more on the offense. It's quite ironic though that our best performance came on the night that we lost and when we used our B squad to play on the field. It's also ironic how Germany found victory at playing Turkey's "game" in scoring at the last minute. Or was that really a German tactic that managed to rub-off on us? Regardless, I'm happy with the outcome and I am more than thrilled by the massive achievement that we've earned in this year's tournament. I don't think that many here predicted the success Turkey would earn and I'm happy that we've managed to surprise as well as impress the world by the level of determination we carried despite the massive amount of hurdles that were thrown into our face. Now we must move on and with this elimination comes the sad news that Terim might quit his position as the Turkish coach. It's too bad, as much of the Turkish success in this year's competition is owned to him for his motivation, tactics and best of all his hot temper. :P

Best of luck to Germany in the finals. I will do my part in the atmosphere that was created around this match and support a victory for our brothers and friend. B)

I think that Terim had marvellous prepared the Turkish team for the match and the Turkish team and the its tactic "destroyed" the German match.

The German team had the nerve to "fight" back and won the match in a very Turkish style...

Congratulations to the Turkish team and congratulations to the German team - it was an exciting match again - and I suppose it will be become a classic since its excitement and due the several powercuts.

I am glad that Turkey had such success after the missed WC qualification....

Archived