Euro 2008

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame on this Greek team -- and especially shame on Otto Rehhagel! I absolutely hate such a totally defensive playing style. This is 1960s catenaccio at its worst. Otto, it's time for you to go! We don't need any more old geezers who resist each innovation in modern football! Can you imagine that this guy could have become our national team manager in 2004? :blink: It's great that history took a completely different turn.

What did any of you expect? Greece played this way last time and will play this way this time. Fortunately Sweden has made them pay for their defensive play and hopefully so will Russia and Spain. Greece has been an incredibly overrated team since 2004 and they do not deserve to be in the top 15 of even the FIFA rankings which are a mess anyways. Norway would have provided a much better performance and entertainment than Greece, as would have England, Denmark, Northern Ireland and Scotland.

Unfortunately Greece is with Israel, Latvia, Luxembourg, Moldova and Switzerland are likely to be boring us in South Africa.

Eintracht Frankfurt's Ioannis Amanatidis (who has spent his complete club career in Germany and thus is used to a completely different playing philosophy) was totally frustrated in the interview with the ARD reporter. He criticised the Greek play as "fearful football" and said that it can't perform that way in a tournament like this, especially not as title holder. Kudos for his frankness!

I wonder what Otto Rehagel will say - or better said I wonder if he will give any interview at all...

One or two minutes after the final whistle, he was shortly shown in ARD in that interview zone. I think that they taped his interview and will play it soon.

Well, Otto Rehhagel played the match a little bit down in the interview just shown by ARD.

He only spoke about the Greek team having shown a weak performance in the first half and then, in the second half, not having watched sufficiently for Ibrahimovic. At least he admitted that the team has to improve significantly in the next match.

Archived