La Coliseum - The Saga Continues

LA84

USC extended their lease on The Coliseum - and the State Senate rejects plan to sell it.

For a supposedly dilapidated facility it still generates a lot of controversy - and money!

Cicky Here -

and Here

God I obsess about this too much. Maybe it's because I come from a city that turned one of the most beautiful stadiums in America into one huge monstrosity. <_<

I think the next big one in LA will tell whether the Coliseum is worth saving or what.

Yea, I think your right.

It was saved after Northridge. Another one, I don't know.

They should just tear it down and save the peristyle. That would still be one up on saving Olympic legacies compared to Wembly, Shephards Bush and the MCG.

Oh dear - did I say that out loud? :P

Yea, I think your right.

It was saved after Northridge. Another one, I don't know.

They should just tear it down and save the peristyle. That would still be one up on saving Olympic legacies compared to Wembly, Shephards Bush, Paris Stadiums and the MCG.

Oh dear - did I say that out loud? :P

Revised for accuracy.

LA84, i think if L.A. were to get an NFL team, it might be housed in the city of Industry after some businessman just unveiled a plan for a new football stadium and commercial complex in that area.

If Los Angeles were to ever hold a 3rd Olympic Games, the IOC wouldn't go with a renovated Memorial Coliseum (like L.A. 2016 was proposing). They'd want a brand-new spankin' stadium (especially the older the thing gets), since they extremely salivate lately over gleamy, new, shiny stadia.

If Los Angeles were to ever hold a 3rd Olympic Games, the IOC wouldn't go with a renovated Memorial Coliseum (like L.A. 2016 was proposing). They'd want a brand-new spankin' stadium (especially the older the thing gets), since they extremely salivate lately over gleamy, new, shiny stadia.

Which would be a good opportunity to tear down the old one (except for the Peristyle part), and give them a half-temporary stadium as seems to be the rage for London and Chicago.

We can't know for sure. It would be quite a powerful symbol for a stadium to host its 3rd Games.

The Coliseum could go under a major refurbishment (basically rebuild the whole thing) but at the very least, as Baron said, they would have to keep the Peristyle.

I cannot imagine an Olympics in LA without the Coliseum associated one way or the other.

LA84, i think if L.A. were to get an NFL team, it might be housed in the city of Industry after some businessman just unveiled a plan for a new football stadium and commercial complex in that area.

Maybe, although I think you may right. USC might chip in some if they replaced everything except the peristyle but I don't see that happening soon now that they have an extended lease.

But City of Industry? Have you ever been there? :blink:

Archived