Beijing 2008 Theme Songs

The theme songs of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games were unveiled last night! Anyone know those songs?

I watched the celebration but the signal's poor. I tried to watch it online (my cable system does not have CCTV-4 or CCTV-9, but it used to have either of these, and they were replaced by Guanxi TV, a local Chinese TV station.) Since I thought there's no webcast on the Beijing 2008 website, I watched it, did you know how? I got this TVUnetworks player which you can get here. Then I WAS ABLE TO GET THE SIGNAL FROM CCTV-5 WHICH BROADCASTED THE CELEBRATION LIVE!

But I didn't hear the list of Beijing Olympic songs (there are 30 of them) that are chosen from a four-year contest, so please help me find out those songs! (The official website mentioned only a few of them.)

The theme songs of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games were unveiled last night! Anyone know those songs?

I watched the celebration but the signal's poor. I tried to watch it online (my cable system does not have CCTV-4 or CCTV-9, but it used to have either of these, and they were replaced by Guanxi TV, a local Chinese TV station.) Since I thought there's no webcast on the Beijing 2008 website, I watched it, did you know how? I got this TVUnetworks player which you can get here. Then I WAS ABLE TO GET THE SIGNAL FROM CCTV-5 WHICH BROADCASTED THE CELEBRATION LIVE!

But I didn't hear the list of Beijing Olympic songs (there are 30 of them) that are chosen from a four-year contest, so please help me find out those songs! (The official website mentioned only a few of them.)

One of the main song -Beijing Welcomes You. check it on Youtube or my previous post.

Fret not, for they have not exactly selected the main theme songs yet. "Beijing welcome's you" was launched during the ceremony as the theme song for the 100-day countdown, but we have yet to know the main opening and closing themes.

Fret not, for they have not exactly selected the main theme songs yet. "Beijing welcome's you" was launched during the ceremony as the theme song for the 100-day countdown, but we have yet to know the main opening and closing themes.

Um... ah! The opening theme can be sung before the parade of nations! An example:

Nagano 1998: The "Peace Appeal Song" was sung before the parade of nations by Ryoko Moriyama and the 150 Snowchildren. The music of the song were adapted from the songs "When Children Rule The World" and "Whistle Down The Wind" from Andrew Llyod Webber's musical "Whistle Down The Wind". I know more Olympic opening themes....

Tokyo 1964: "Tokyo Olympic Hymn A", played at the lighting of the cauldron, and

Sapporo 1972: "Prelude To The Sapporo Olympics", played at the beginning of the opening ceremony as the flags of the participating countries were raised together.

And the closing theme? It's good for the finale of the ceremony, or as the Olympic Flame is extiguished. Examples:

Tokyo 1964: "Olympic Hymn B" was played as the Olympic Flame was extinguished.

Sapporo 1972: "Hymn Of The Closing Of The Sapporo Olympics" was played as the Eidophor screen that was set up by NHK showed the Olympic Flame being extinguished. This was due to the cauldron's location at the Makomanai Speed Skating Rink (Makomanai Open Stadium), where the opening ceremony was held, the closing ceremony was held at the Makomanai Indoor Skating Rink (Makomanai Indoor Stadium).

Moscow 1980: "Goodbye Moscow" was played at the finale where a giant Misha was flown off to the sky.

Bangkok 1998 (Asian Games): "Light Of Asia" was sung at the finale of their closing ceremony, a performance by a lot of lights.

That's all...