Who Has The Best Transit System?

james - it is what it is.

If everything MUST be explained to you, then may I suggest you wait a few years so you can get on the same speed as most everyone.

Oh!!! What an excuse.

Ok, my friend. What impresses the Olympic body?

Like Baron said, Something that is feasible and realistic. Having plans is one thing, building it is another. Would Brazilian government pay so much money just to improve its transport infrastructure on top of the money needed to upgrade facilities ? You saw even how Athens strugled to do that for '04

The planned bus lines have a few incidents during the Pan-Ams. You mentioned planned metro lines to ease to problem. However, in the 2016 bid, Rio has abandoned any plans to develop a underground metro. Instead, they will use a network of bus lanes which bring us back to square one.

Existing transport infrastructure is another thing. If you look at London, Singapore & Beijing, to some extent, you can see that they are efficent as well as reliable. This is what impresses the IOC.

You may argue that Beijing doesn't have a strong transport infrastructure. However, they are improving it and they have the money and economy to do it which making it feasible and realistic .

Anyhow, we should know in exactly a week whether Rio's plans are convincing enough for the IOC Expert College (for the record, dedicated bus lane, if correctly implemented and ran, can be as efficient as a metro line; the question is, even to run the bus lanes, Rio has major investment to do to improve and expend its road network -> can it be done by 2016?).

Like Baron said, Something that is feasible and realistic. Having plans is one thing, building it is another. Would Brazilian government pay so much money just to improve its transport infrastructure on top of the money needed to upgrade facilities ? You saw even how Athens strugled to do that for '04

The planned bus lines have a few incidents during the Pan-Ams. You mentioned planned metro lines to ease to problem. However, in the 2016 bid, Rio has abandoned any plans to develop a underground metro. Instead, they will use a network of bus lanes which bring us back to square one.

Existing transport infrastructure is another thing. If you look at London, Singapore & Beijing, to some extent, you can see that they are efficent as well as reliable. This is what impresses the IOC.

You may argue that Beijing doesn't have a strong transport infrastructure. However, they are improving it and they have the money and economy to do it which making it feasible and realistic .

You are underating Rio. And, I think you don`t have any idea about that country called Brazil.

However, there`s not going to be easier-said-than-done with Rio`s bid and the existing infrastruture is not as bad as you guys are taking it to be. Among few major issues that is disturbing to me about Rio`s bid is something with security and we are going to see in very less that couple of months to fix that as they are going to host the FIFA World Cup.

Beleive a nation that is good for Pan Am and FIFA wc is likely good for Olympic. The very reason why you people is on the negative side about Rio`s bid is that you are on the view for the developed nations to host which is not the right way to view things.

Arguably without doubt the very reason for Rio not to be shortlisted should be politics, except other factor should be Rio withdrawing from the bid.

You have mentioned anything about the some billion dollars high speed railway line to is going to link Rio to Sao palo. Many people have frowned when they saw that mentioned here as if things are not really being put in place in Rio.

Do you think Brazillian economy is just to poor to be equated along the line of failing project. the economy stands on the very line of boyancy. Pls, read information on Brazillian economy. Maybe yo can get some online materials to gather on that. Brazil is as efficient a Singapore my boy! this is not bully but let you to see the right thing beyond you nose.

I can always be in objection of the idea that think Rio is not doing enough to merit to be shortlisted. I would like those who are against the Rio`s bid to visit their website which received the highest commendation here in Gamesbids.com for better information.

Though, I am not technically qualified to say to IOC to shortlist Rio but am on the view that on the ground of proffessionalism Rio`s bid well qualified to be shortlisted. this is the yearning of the developing country and westt have seen third world as mere unqualified based on prejudices which are not substantial, not until China bid become a more than responsible and unique when even compared to the very best. Constructions are done better and faster than those of the developed countries very past hosts.

So, you trying to insinuate nothing factual here,NYCD 2012 than trying to get along with the bandwagon of prejudices.

The bids are not based on who has the best, most beautiful, most colorful websites. It could all be bullsh*t.

James, you were born 17 years ago; other people here and those who will be making the shortlist decision were born a few decades before you. They know what they're doing. You're nothing but a kibitzer.

The bids are not based on who has the best, most beautiful, most colorful websites. It could all be bullsh*t.

James, you were born 17 years ago; other people here and those who will be making the shortlist decision were born a few decades before you. They know what they're doing. You're nothing but a kibitzer.

That`s the basic reason why you have to listen to me cos you guys are using these ancient ideas to do the shortlisting.

James, it's really great to have you lecturing those who dare saying that Rio might not make the shortlist about being "non factual" when:

• you haven't read any past evaluation reports (otherwise you would admit that the feasibility of Rio plans can be questioned)
  • you haven't read at least Tokyo application (and I suspect any other for that matter).
  • you keep stating, against common sense, that only politics could keep Rio out of the shortlist when clearly politics is one of Rio best assets

And stating all the above is not recognising that Rio's bid team is very professional (for I am quite impressed with the way the bid is conducted).

And before whining about the West Vs Developing world theory might I remind you that in the past few years French, Spanish, German cities haven't been shortlisted while South-American and African cities have been.

Finally, comparing Rio and Singapore proves that you have been to neither of these cities.

James, it's really great to have you lecturing those who dare saying that Rio might not make the shortlist about being "non factual" when:

• you haven't read any past evaluation reports (otherwise you would admit that the feasibility of Rio plans can be questioned)
  • you haven't read at least Tokyo application (and I suspect any other for that matter).
  • you keep stating, against common sense, that only politics could keep Rio out of the shortlist when clearly politics is one of Rio best assets

And stating all the above is not recognising that Rio's bid team is very professional (for I am quite impressed with the way the bid is conducted).

And before whining about the West Vs Developing world theory might I remind you that in the past few years French, Spanish, German cities haven't been shortlisted while South-American and African cities have been.

Finally, comparing Rio and Singapore proves that you have been to neither of these cities.

Yes! I have been to both countries. I was actually talking about the Brazillian economy based and ranking. I am sorry that you are taking on another ground.

Yes! I have been to both countries. I was actually talking about the Brazillian economy based and ranking. I am sorry that you are taking on another ground.

I stand corrected. All the other points remain valid.

I stand corrected. All the other points remain valid.

Sorry! typo error. I mean I HAVEN`T be to both countries.

That's quite a typo!! Or did you mis-speak?

Both, I guess. It should been " No! I haven`t been to any of those countries". Otherwise, it`s grammatically wrong.

Do you think Brazillian economy is just to poor to be equated along the line of failing project. the economy stands on the very line of boyancy. Pls, read information on Brazillian economy. Maybe yo can get some online materials to gather on that. Brazil is as efficient a Singapore my boy! this is not bully but let you to see the right thing beyond you nose.

I never said that. The Brazillian economy is still developing. Do you think the Brazilians would pay for 3 major events (Pan-Am, WC & SOG) in a span of less than a decade ? You can't compare the Singapore & Brazil economy. Singapore's economy is smaller than Brazil's and is developed.

I never said that. The Brazillian economy is still developing. Do you think the Brazilians would pay for 3 major events (Pan-Am, WC & SOG) in a span of less than a decade ? You can't compare the Singapore & Brazil economy. Singapore's economy is smaller than Brazil's and is developed.

The size of the Brazillian economy make the sense of it all.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived