Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Citius Altius Fortius

Torch Relays From 1936 - 2008

I translated better the text... and I won't argue again with ñuto. Please, learn some history before talking all this non-sense. Certainly, you have no idea about American history so just shut up.

About your question... it's true that Spaniards and Portuguese were more likely to stablish relationships with the native population than French or British and there is higher "mestizo" population in South or Central America when you compare it with Northern America.

But, it isn't true that most people from Latin America is of "mixed race". I mean... it's true that probably most of Latin Americans has a small percentage of indigenous blood, but that isn't the case in every country. There are some countries like Bolivia, Perú or Guatemala where most people is indigenous... others like Mexico or Paraguay where most are mixed (in the case of Venezuela, Colombia or Central America is more with the African people brought as slaves)... or others like Chile, Argentina or Uruguay where there is a mix between the original "criollo" population (the Spaniards born in Chile and with some indigenous blood) and the waves of European inmigration. I heard that more than 30% of Argentinians are descendents of Italians and in Chile there is a 10% with German ancestors and similar numbers for Croatians.

me recomiendas que estudie historia (soy Licenciado en Historia,aunque poco tenga que ver) y luego repites lo mismo que he dicho yo,pues vale,es lo que pasa cuando se discute por discutir...

¡Viva Chile!

It is also true that Spain wiped out more indigenous groups than France or Britain, France had pretty good relations with most of the native groups and the Beothuk were wiped out by the British. Other than that every native group in Canada and the US that existed prior to discover exists now. But it is undeniable that the Spanish, Portuguese, French and British were brutal towards the indigenous populations.

Kratz there is a recognized mixed group in Canada, the metis, but they would probably not be as populous as the mixed race groups in Central and South America.

"It is also true that Spain wiped out more indigenous groups than France or Britain..."

no,it is not true,just travel to South America and after to North America and compare...

the topic is about torch routes and in 2 of the 6 pages of the topic are talking about 1532, but.. I didn't know that were OG in that year.

"It is also true that Spain wiped out more indigenous groups than France or Britain..."

no,it is not true,just travel to South America and after to North America and compare...

I am done with this sh!t, you know nothing about the Americas so stop talking as if you do.

I am done with this sh!t, you know nothing about the Americas so stop talking as if you do.

oh ,sorry his excellency,my bad

God Bless Vinland !!!