The Official Ioc-website

It is strange the whole world is discussing the Olympic Games in Beijing and the official IOC-website doesn't even mention the incidents in Olympia, Istanbul, London or Paris - I am very dissapointed that the IOC has not the guts to explain their point of view on its own website...

The same is valid for the website of the German NOC - there is the women sport week the cover story! LOL

... and the British NOC doesn't speak about the incidents in London, too

Mekky - what is with the French NOC - I think they mention the incidents in Paris, but I don't understand french :(

I think it is an evidence of incapacity that even Olympic Committees of democracies are not able to handle such difficult situation or handle critic...

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

and the British NOC doesn't speak about the incidents in London, too

That's not quite true. The chairman of the BOA was all over the 24 hour news channels yesterday putting his point of view across whilst we watched what was going on.

Translation of the statement published of the French NOC website:

The Torch Relay in Paris has seen many incidents and as a consequence many torch bearers haven't been able to carry the flame, which was carried for part of its journey to Charlety Stadium by bus to Charlety.

Numerous athletes have expressed their frustration due to the problems encountered and their lack of understanding of BOCOG's hasty decisions of cancelling the relay, of carrying the flame by a secured bus or to extinguish the Torch for not apparent reasons.

During the official ceremony held at Charléty, Jean-Claude Killy, IOC Member has declared : "It was the day to welcome the Flame. Our position is the following: President Rogge declared today "we respect NGOs, militants and the causes they support. Our organisation is neither political, nor militant. We express hope that the conflict in Tibet to come to an end as fast as possible. Violence is against the Olympic Spirit" and I add that I wish these Games every success possible".

President Henri Serandour, currently in Beijing for the ANOC meeting, has stated: "The Flame should have been allowed to go through", adding "I think the Flame could have gone through and that protests could be staged by the side. Everybody is free to express his idea but to block the Flame is also asking for freedom without respecting freedom for our athletes. Of course, these Games will be a magnifying tool for anyone who wants to talk about China or Tibet, but in the same times, there are many conflicts around the world that no one talks about. A symbol such as the Flame, carried by young people who want to deliver a peace message should have gone through... I deeply regret what happened".