The Torch Relay Is Discontinued In Paris

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry to say but at this moment i think it was a big, big mistake to award the games to Beijing. And i am extremely surprised that the so powerful IOC is so "passive".... At the Athens Games they played the big strong man and now the little marionette! Due all the respect this is pathetic.

Here in Beijing, both the BBC and CNN TV reports on the torch relay are getting big chunks of the Paris torch fiasco blacked out. Ditto for the clip showing Jacques Rogge here going into a meeting with BOCOG. Chinese with access only to Chinese TV (majority of the population) are getting heavily edited versions, as you might guess. The photos and video clips shown on the official website are most remarkable in what they don't show. But it's getting harder and harder for the local authorities to put lipstick on this pig. San Franciscans, get ready to roll!

I am not against what the west stands for - that is freedom in its entirety. Should the relay torch be tamperd with when it's not the Chinese government? I think it will most affect the IOC reputation than the Chinese government with time to come. The protest needs to be put under good control as the French government lacked the capacity to do so.

I am sorry to say but at this moment i think it was a big, big mistake to award the games to Beijing. And i am extremely surprised that the so powerful IOC is so "passive".... At the Athens Games they played the big strong man and now the little marionette! Due all the respect this is pathetic.
i fully agree and share this sentiment with you. its dumb for the IOC to think that by awarding the games to Beijing that China will have a South Korea like transformation. that's BS. i bet some IOC members who voted for Beijign are scratchign their heads and thinking i wonder what will happen if i voted for toronto or paris? i bame the dictator samaranch for getting too cozy with the chinese.

i fully agree and share this sentiment with you. its dumb for the IOC to think that by awarding the games to Beijing that China will have a South Korea like transformation. that's BS. i bet some IOC members who voted for Beijign are scratchign their heads and thinking i wonder what will happen if i voted for toronto or paris? i bame the dictator samaranch for getting too cozy with the chinese.

Yes this must be the first time that the torch relay has been discontinued!

It will only get worse from here on in!

This is not a good look for the olympic movement

IOC is real rubbish to deal with all of these!!!!!! I am really hating the images have been edited and modified by Chinese Gov!!! Rubbish~cancle the games!

Are you only imitating other members or have you suddenly changed your mind? :lol:

Are you only imitating other members or have you suddenly changed your mind? :lol:

As I am saying before, I am not looking somebody's influence but looking into the truth.

I feeling disgusted to see the ''party'' has been touched so badly by the politics this time and only making the world so divide more than ever.~ what a bunch of crap they are giving to the world. IOC should give a rest to the people around the world about 10 years! :angry:

As I am saying before, I am not looking somebody's influence but looking into the truth.

I feeling disgusted to see the ''party'' has been touched so badly by the politics this time and only making the world so divide more than ever.~ what a bunch of crap they are giving to the world. IOC should give a rest to the people around the world about 10 years! :angry:

Were you not expecting this? It would have been nice to have protest without touching the torch, but it was inevitable. I just hope the IOC realize this is only going to get worst.

WOW...

I knew the torch was driven by car a few times, but for them to call off an entire portion of the relay? Has that ever happened before?

Good grief... I'm all for peaceful protest but this is really getting out of hand and I doubt it's going to change much.

Were you not expecting this? It would have been nice to have protest without touching the torch, but it was inevitable. I just hope the IOC realize this is only going to get worst.

not getting worst? I already know it would become like today since they released the route of the torch. You know what, 2008 is the last chance that Dalai asking for ''political dialoge'' with Chinese gov. And they're asking for the final battle.

And good news is Chinese PM would like to ask to clam the whole rubbish down recently, but the communist right wing would never allow to do that. coz there are thousands of MUSLIMS in Tibet, and the TIBETAN AND MUSLIM are enemies. At this stage, it's rather not clear where to bring a better resolution to avoid such horrible consequences as the riots transformed into religious hatred. ~Don't be too naive about the ''Freedom'' without blood and dead bodies.

As a french i am really proud of what happened today, a full democracy in action, and it's not finish, it will be such a fiesta to be in Beijing !!! :lol:

Sans rancunes, Paris 2008 a fait exploser le rêve jaune :lol:

As a french i am really proud of what happened today, a full democracy in action, and it's not finish, it will be such a fiesta to be in Beijing !!! :lol:

Sans rancunes, Paris 2008 a fait exploser le rêve jaune :lol:

Hi Mekky,

very glad to see you again!!!

LIBERTÉ - ÉGALITÉ - FRATERNITÉ

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

Hi Mekky,

very glad to see you again!!!

LIBERTÉ - ÉGALITÉ - FRATERNITÉ

Hallo !!!

Danke ! Well i come often on the website watching around news but i don't post, it was not that exciting those days (there was nothing to say on Put... Sochi win right ? eheh) :lol:

Hum, forgot to say that eurovision thread is very nice, like Ukraine :lol:

Love !

sarko-merkel432.jpg

There is nothing to be proud of. What a shame.

Exercising the right of protest against something one disapproves of is something to be extremely proud of. We in Britain simply play at protesting. This is one area where our friends across the Channel are the undisputed masters.

Protesting in Paris ? what kind of courage is that ? easy, useless, a pure exercise in self satisfaction.

In front of real danger, where would these guys be ?

They would be like Eragon ... and the dangerous dragon would suffer ! :lol: