Doha 2016 Intro Video

amnesia

Very nice. Men, women, dark brown, light brown. I guess they do not have an really light people there. :lol:

I hope it makes the short list.

Really 70% of the venues are already there.

I think I have seen black folks(and exactly what do mean by that) when I have seen scenes from there malls.

People in the middle east come in all shade of brown.

I think I have seen black folks(and exactly what do mean by that) when I have seen scenes from there malls.

People in the middle east come in all shade of brown.

Sorry to double post but I can not edit my posts.

ATH2-1.jpg

PIC-DAHLAN.jpg

qaf-14-2-2008-2.jpg

Pictures from 3rd Asian Indoor Championship in Doha February 2008

the case of Qatar could be similar to Ecuador.

for example, in Ecuador football team, there are a lot of black people, but it doesn't mean that they are accepted like a "normal" ecuatorian people, because they are only be used by sport autorities.

Sorry to double post but I can not edit my posts.

ATH2-1.jpg

qaf-14-2-2008-2.jpg

Pictures from 3rd Asian Indoor Championship in Doha February 2008

Aren't these athletes from the AFrican countries that cash-rich but sports-poor nations like Qatar short-tracks to citizenship so that they can get a few medals under their name -- when otherwise they wouldn't have any?

Aren't these athletes from the AFrican countries that cash-rich but sports-poor nations like Qatar short-tracks to citizenship so that they can get a few medals under their name -- when otherwise they wouldn't have any?

Although it is particularly obvious with Qatar, most nations do that (France, the US for example do it, in more subtle ways).

Granted, the US would still win loads of medals without doing so ;)

Although it is particularly obvious with Qatar, most nations do that (France, the US for example do it, in more subtle ways).

Granted, the US would still win loads of medals without doing so ;)

The difference though, jeremie, is that at least for the US, those who opt to become US citizens do so because it is THEIR choice -- and for much larger reasons than sport (i.e., an overall better life after his/her sporting career is over). And the US does not seem to go out of its way to entice athletes away from their native countries. (Even the Russian male ice dancers who come over do so because they have a better chance of getting into the Olympic team vs. the more crowded conditions back in Russia.)

Whereas nations like Qatar, and I am NOT in any way condemning the practice, offer cash incentives, etc., for the sporting honors to bring the nation -- not to create a better life for the immigrant-athletes.

Whereas nations like Qatar, and I am NOT in any way condemning the practice, offer cash incentives, etc., for the sporting honors to bring the nation -- not to create a better life for the immigrant-athletes.

Agreed.

It remains that those athletes are probably benefiting from much better conditions in Qatar than in their original country (it's not like Qatar forces those athletes to come to Qatar).

Agreed.

It remains that those athletes are probably benefiting from much better conditions in Qatar than in their original country (it's not like Qatar forces those athletes to come to Qatar).

The ICC (International Cricket Council) moved its head office to Dubai (to Dubai Sports City i believe) just for the cash...Not sure why, esspecially new considering India's new $150million cricket competition.

Archived