Let's Boycott Doha And Chicago Bids

oh yes let's boycott that bids.

the people who want to boycott Beijing 2008 will be the first people who will accept my proposition :rolleyes: , because USA and Qtar are not human right's paradise neither, so together with Beijing 2008, boycott Chicago 2016 and Doha 2016 bid too.

or not? :blink:

If the US isnt a human rights paradise then we will have to boycott London, Sochi and to a degree Vancouver too....hell, lets just not bother with the Olympic Games anymore.

Exactly, every country has their skeletons in the closet. But some at least acknowledge it more than others. It's not like Cathy Freeman faced a firing squad for draping herself in the Aboriginal flag at Sydney, or Midnight Oil (or was it Savage Garden?) faced jail time and "re-education" for embarassing their leader by wearing "Sorry" t-shirts at the closing ceremony.

Exactly, every country has their skeletons in the closet. But some at least acknowledge it more than others. It's not like Cathy Freeman faced a firing squad for draping herself in the Aboriginal flag at Sydney, or Midnight Oil (or was it Savage Garden?) faced jail time and "re-education" for embarassing their leader by wearing "Sorry" t-shirts at the closing ceremony.

Midnight Oil...Peter Garett "stuns" us again....A little more subtle than David Beckhams shirt at the Manchester Games however.

Interesting that you should mention 'non-national' flag celebrations, the COC gets real huffy when an athlete uses a flag that is not the Canadian one, whether it be Saskatchewan or especially Quebec.

No one know the word sarcasm?

Tatsh,

#1 - you're a fairly new poster here, and so we aren't really used to your style, your humor, etc.

#2 - with a lot of new posters all hysterical about Beijing, it's hard to tell who's serious and who's not.

#3 - Some of your fellow South Americans exhibit a 'different' kind of humor.

So, it'll take a matter of getting used to.

If the US isnt a human rights paradise then we will have to boycott London, Sochi and to a degree Vancouver too....hell, lets just not bother with the Olympic Games anymore.

I don't get Vancouver to a certain degree? It is that Canadian Lester B. Pierson unleashed Peace Keeping with the UN on the World? Canada was never a colonial power or engaged in slavery in its past. Pretty much everything that was done to the Indians in Canada was under British or French Colonial rule.

you must be confusing Vancouver British Columbia Canada with Vancouver Washington State LOL.

jim jones

I don't get Vancouver to a certain degree? It is that Canadian Lester B. Pierson unleashed Peace Keeping with the UN on the World? Canada was never a colonial power or engaged in slavery in its past. Pretty much everything that was done to the Indians in Canada was under British or French Colonial rule.

you must be confusing Vancouver British Columbia Canada with Vancouver Washington State LOL.

jim jones

We all have our skeletons:

seals-1.jpg

Jim Jones a little history for you:

The Residential Schools for the natives was in the 20s, 30s and even into the 40s, natives weren't considered citizens until 1949 I believe

Canada did have slavery in our past, way back, but at the time when Britain got rid of slavery we had to as well.

The treatment of Indian and Chinese immigrants in the 19th and early 20th century

The internment of Ukrainians, Croats, Hungarians, Germans, Austrians and other 'enemy aliens' during the 1st and 2nd World Wars

The Japanese internment and deportation during the 2nd World War

The refusal of Jewish immigrants trying to escape the Holocaust

The two incidents where Canadian soldiers killed unarmed civilians in Somalia and Bosnia

Jim Jones a little history for you:

The Residential Schools for the natives was in the 20s, 30s and even into the 40s, natives weren't considered citizens until 1949 I believe

Canada did have slavery in our past, way back, but at the time when Britain got rid of slavery we had to as well.

The treatment of Indian and Chinese immigrants in the 19th and early 20th century

The internment of Ukrainians, Croats, Hungarians, Germans, Austrians and other 'enemy aliens' during the 1st and 2nd World Wars

The Japanese internment and deportation during the 2nd World War

The refusal of Jewish immigrants trying to escape the Holocaust

The two incidents where Canadian soldiers killed unarmed civilians in Somalia and Bosnia

Not to mention inflicting Celine Dion on the world!

its your people that buy her cds, so maybe you should start pointing the figure at your community. :lol:

My people!!!!

Whaddaya mean? Poofs or Aussies?

:P

Speaking of which, I think we Ausssies are trying to dispose of this grave crime against humanity. She's had to cancel her Sydney show tonight because of a throat infection. Maybe someone tried to poison her.

Well for starters, as an individual, you couldn't possibly boycott the Qatar bid actively.

Are there any imports of Qatari products that you are going to not purchase? Or does your country not get any products from Qatar? Will you simply refuse to purchase products originating from the region?

Will you refuse to eat at Qatari or Middle Eastern restaurants?

Will you refuse to travel to the country or go to your international airport and simply hold up protest posters and signs in around the check in area of Qatari Airways? :P

• 4 weeks later...
Well for starters, as an individual, you couldn't possibly boycott the Qatar bid actively.

Are there any imports of Qatari products that you are going to not purchase? Or does your country not get any products from Qatar? Will you simply refuse to purchase products originating from the region?

Will you refuse to eat at Qatari or Middle Eastern restaurants?

Will you refuse to travel to the country or go to your international airport and simply hold up protest posters and signs in around the check in area of Qatari Airways? :P

I dont think anyone who is boycotting the Beijing has refused to buy Chinese made products. Most boycotts are in the form or absence or non-participation in the actual games rather than trade/consumer embargos.

• 4 weeks later...
I dont think anyone who is boycotting the Beijing has refused to buy Chinese made products. Most boycotts are in the form or absence or non-participation in the actual games rather than trade/consumer embargos.

I cannot imagine boycotting Chinese goods - I'd have to make my own clothes and toys and who knows what else!!!

Not to mention inflicting Celine Dion on the world!

It was the US idea. She wasn`t known not until she came to US.

Archived