How About We Nuke China? I Can't Stand Anymore!

Excuse me but do you have any idea of where are you posting?

It seems Maryjane doesn't like the real world or ethical questions getting in the way of her enjoying her sports. And she was the one who accused us all of being unrepentant cold war warriors!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Sir Roltel

One of the most ludicrous notions I've heard so far.

General McArthur and others did not think so, during the Korean Police Action and the Vietnam War, bombing major Chinese cities with nuclear weapons was a talked about idea, McArthur got removed from service for saying as much, but its not that far-fetched.

A good war between India and China is just what the world needs, solve some of the populations problems.

General McArthur and others did not think so, during the Korean Police Action and the Vietnam War, bombing major Chinese cities with nuclear weapons was a talked about idea, McArthur got removed from service for saying as much, but its not that far-fetched.

A good war between India and China is just what the world needs, solve some of the populations problems.

Apparently the Russians also tried to cut a deal with the US in the 1960s to take out China together before it became a threat to both of them.

Apparently the Russians also tried to cut a deal with the US in the 1960s to take out China together before it became a threat to both of them.

The USSR and the US of A fighting alongside... Oh, how ironic it would have been!

Honestly, thought, this topic is going nowhere, and fast.

It seems Maryjane doesn't like the real world or ethical questions getting in the way of her enjoying her sports. And she was the one who accused us all of being unrepentant cold war warriors!

:rolleyes:

Yes, it is!! I really got enough with all these affairs around my loving olympics. Just take action if you don't like it or just enjoying the fun given by the pure sports. What the hell.....

It's like seeing the cat fights in the BIG BROTHER HOUSE. eww........So Fxking Annoying......

Bring Back Olympics!!!!! This is 21st century.

Yes, it is!! I really got enough with all these affairs around my loving olympics. Just take action if you don't like it or just enjoying the fun given by the pure sports. What the hell.....

It's like seeing the cat fights in the BIG BROTHER HOUSE. eww........So Fxking Annoying......

We're all here on this board because we love the Olympics _ be it the sport, the ceremonies, the pageantry, the tradition, whatever. And most of us believe in the ideals of the Olympics. The trouble is, from the moment Beijing was chosen through the years of preparation to now especially with events in recent days and weeks, so much of what China has been doing runs counter to those ideals we all aspire to. Like it or not, there are ethical considerations that are bothering many of us, here on this board and in the wide world beyond, that go beyond our enjoyment of a sports carnival and which seem quite obscene when compared against the ideals which the Olympics are meant to represent.

To try and somehow equate debates about human rights with squabbles in a Big Brother house I find frankly offensive. To think you consider protests against totalitarian repression as simply annoying and tacky and on par with being bored with reality TV cat fights is quite disturbing.

Edited by Sir Roltel

I don't know what your head are thinking... Beijing and China gov't are trying their best to host a successful Olympic Games for the world. They work hard and do so well from the beginning. But you still can't change your Prejudice on China.

Yes, you may not like our gov't, but you should know that the Chinese Gov't have made 600 million people out of poverty with 30 years. They lead 1.3 billion people to a richer life. No mater you admit or not, the Communist Party of China is the most successul one in the nowadays world. I don't care your bad words about China. What we Chinese should do now is hold a wonderful OG.

I don't know what your head are thinking... Beijing and China gov't are trying their best to host a successful Olympic Games for the world. They work hard and do so well from the beginning. But you still can't change your Prejudice on China.

Yes, you may not like our gov't, but you should know that the Chinese Gov't have made 600 million people out of poverty with 30 years. They lead 1.3 billion people to a richer life. No mater you admit or not, the Communist Party of China is the most successul one in the nowadays world. I don't care your bad words about China. What we Chinese should do now is hold a wonderful OG.

I would rate Ireland's government as more successful than China's, the vast majority of China's population is poor and rural, only a minority is well-off. China in their hast to action has made multiple mistakes and done things that will ultimately bring the downfall of the Chinese Communist Party and probably the complete dissolution of China.

I have nothing against China as a place of great history, technology, and culture, but I have to fundamentally disagree with how China is currently governed. I believe the Chinese people deserve better, but know that the Chinese people will only get better if they demand it.

LiuTian,

I have some sympathy with China's desire for social order and national territorial integrity _ the last thing I want to see is a China in chaos pitted against the rest of the world. But the Olympics belong to the world, not just to China, and to many of us the values the Games represent are seemingly at odds with how China is treating many of its citizens. There are ways that China can be dealing with its current problems that are more respectful of human rights and life without offending Chinese dignity and sovereignity. And which would make us in democratic nations more able to share the joy of the Chinese people in celebrating the Olympics.

Yeah, but for a sports festival? :blink: C'mon faster, I expected more from you. It was the terribly juvenile statement from maryjane.

Yeah, but for a sports festival? :blink: C'mon faster, I expected more from you. It was the terribly juvenile statement from maryjane.

For a sports festival? no, I believe that at some put in the near future, there will be a time when India and China will go to war with each other to decide the heir to the United States as the dominate power. I have long held this belief because of past transfers and the changing hands of power has never been bloodless.

For a sports festival? no, I believe that at some put in the near future, there will be a time when India and China will go to war with each other to decide the heir to the United States as the dominate power. I have long held this belief because of past transfers and the changing hands of power has never been bloodless.

I think Indians are less confrontational, and they know they are no match for China (now). And actually the 2 of them face a bigger common enemy: the islamic minorities within their borders. Plus, there's never really been a history of outright enmity between the 2 countries over the centuries (even though China is Pakistan's traditional ally). They might dump on Bangladesh if push comes to shove!

We're all here on this board because we love the Olympics _ be it the sport, the ceremonies, the pageantry, the tradition, whatever. And most of us believe in the ideals of the Olympics. The trouble is, from the moment Beijing was chosen through the years of preparation to now especially with events in recent days and weeks, so much of what China has been doing runs counter to those ideals we all aspire to. Like it or not, there are ethical considerations that are bothering many of us, here on this board and in the wide world beyond, that go beyond our enjoyment of a sports carnival and which seem quite obscene when compared against the ideals which the Olympics are meant to represent.

To try and somehow equate debates about human rights with squabbles in a Big Brother house I find frankly offensive. To think you consider protests against totalitarian repression as simply annoying and tacky and on par with being bored with reality TV cat fights is quite disturbing.

So just let it go' or cancle it. This world has tons of Human Rights Problems happening within every single second and over every single mile. And this world is not ideal as you consider this consider that.. Olympics is a tool, a highly compromised games for the general international community to 'JOIN TOGETHER' for 'some reasons'. No one really gives a fxck as expecting a 17-day business feast and Super ENTERTAINMENT show would be able to change the issues of 'HUMAN RIGHTS' Problem. Seriously, even though you do boycott or to go 'Bitchying' every single day about the host nation. Is that really pratically helpful or just trying provoking their inner NATIONALISM? especially, between the West and the East. especially between the ex-imperialist and the ex-colonies........or between the Communist and the Capitalist....There are something foundamentally distrustful between these sides.......Ok, maybe you'll say this world is getting smaller and smaller, but I can only see this world also getting worse and worse in terms the review of the 21st century so far. Lol

Don't you think the politics is so nasty that it actually doesn't neccessarilly give you the human rights whichever the side you are standing from. It's like the function of Law doesn't really give us the IDEAL JUSTICE and Explanation of the truth. It's all about DEAL OR NOT DEAL. I couldn't believe some of the people still think this world already got the capacity to share an universal value even touched the edge of the politics. Don't ya think that's gone too far for some kind of aspirations?

Global Warming, Aids, Terrorism, Economic Depression, Oil Crisis, Poverty, Nuclear Weapons ......Oh my lord, this world already gone mad. Now we see because of the increasing frequency of natural and humanitarian disasters combined, our faith and life style getting much more competitive than ever. lol, even some of us got the GREAT GREAT Universal suffrage, doesn't mean you getting more rightful to 'SAVE' the other world. Why? Because you are not others, you don't speak, eat, act, think, believe as the other communisy does. How the hell you are supposed to know what they do really need for their standards of HUMAN RIGHTS? It applies to both China and the rest of the world to be fair to say. It really disgusts me sometimes to see some of the viewpoints about this 'HOT' ISSUE are actually racist-againest their entire people, history, culture rather than to highlight the political correctness about the human right issue. Are we reading the political version of OK Magazine or sth....? LOL. Look at the media fights, it's like watching a cat fight. both outrageous and tasteless. Oh, i almost forgot, they are both serving for their own favours of political statements. Thanks god, I could understand a bit both their languages and people. Human Rights what?????????????? Getting fully naked or getting fully coverd???????????? To applaude Iraqi's riot or American Troops???????? Isreal or Palenstan??????? Yesterday, saw a Eastern European Prostitute sold by the illeagal gang to West Europe, and listening to her terrible encounter was one of my most shocking 'humantarian moments' of my life, but still she would have to be deposited without even a legal guarantee of her safety within European Human Rights System......So who's putting the shame on our HR Record? I couldn't belive there are still countless grey zones within our 'AVANCED SOCIETY'. So seriousely you'll have to ask about yourself everytime that Am I really care about the human rights or a piece of cake of my political fantasy?

Yes, it's like a big brother, everybody getting bitchy and two-faced. OR To conclude that it's sth about the ignorance making such this kind of endless drama over and over again. Try next time not to beautify the Olympic Games too much, I don't think the HR only worths 30 billion ponds plus a shitty Logo. And don't politicalise it too much either, coz that's UN's job, what? UN is currently closing during the Easter? Ok, find G.W.Bush..... Ok, he is no longer on duty.......oK, Find some fellas from the GAMES BIDS FORUM to sort out the issue........Now it's all up to you guys now!

So just let it go' or cancle it. This world has tons of Human Rights Problems happening within every single second and over every single mile. And this world is not ideal as you consider this consider that.. Olympics is a tool, a highly compromised games for the general international community to 'JOIN TOGETHER' for 'some reasons'. No one really gives a fxck as expecting a 17-day business feast and Super ENTERTAINMENT show would be able to change the issues of 'HUMAN RIGHTS' Problem. Seriously, even though you do boycott or to go 'Bitchying' every single day about the host nation. Is that really pratically helpful or just trying provoking their inner NATIONALISM? especially, between the West and the East. especially between the ex-imperialist and the ex-colonies........or between the Communist and the Capitalist....There are something foundamentally distrustful between these sides.......Ok, maybe you'll say this world is getting smaller and smaller, but I can only see this world also getting worse and worse in terms the review of the 21st century so far. Lol

Don't you think the politics is so nasty that it actually doesn't neccessarilly give you the human rights whichever the side you are standing from. It's like the function of Law doesn't really give us the IDEAL JUSTICE and Explanation of the truth. It's all about DEAL OR NOT DEAL. I couldn't believe some of the people still think this world already got the capacity to share an universal value even touched the edge of the politics. Don't ya think that's gone too far for some kind of aspirations?

Global Warming, Aids, Terrorism, Economic Depression, Oil Crisis, Poverty, Nuclear Weapons ......Oh my lord, this world already gone mad. Now we see because of the increasing frequency of natural and humanitarian disasters combined, our faith and life style getting much more competitive than ever. lol, even some of us got the GREAT GREAT Universal suffrage, doesn't mean you getting more rightful to 'SAVE' the other world. Why? Because you are not others, you don't speak, eat, act, think, believe as the other communisy does. How the hell you are supposed to know what they do really need for their standards of HUMAN RIGHTS? It applies to both China and the rest of the world to be fair to say. It really disgusts me sometimes to see some of the viewpoints about this 'HOT' ISSUE are actually racist-againest their entire people, history, culture rather than to highlight the political correctness about the human right issue. Are we reading the political version of OK Magazine or sth....? LOL. Look at the media fights, it's like watching a cat fight. both outrageous and tasteless. Oh, i almost forgot, they are both serving for their own favours of political statements. Thanks god, I could understand a bit both their languages and people. Human Rights what?????????????? Getting fully naked or getting fully coverd???????????? To applaude Iraqi's riot or American Troops???????? Isreal or Palenstan??????? Yesterday, saw a Eastern European Prostitute sold by the illeagal gang to West Europe, and listening to her terrible encounter was one of my most shocking 'humantarian moments' of my life, but still she would have to be deposited without even a legal guarantee of her safety within European Human Rights System......So who's putting the shame on our HR Record? I couldn't belive there are still countless grey zones within our 'AVANCED SOCIETY'. So seriousely you'll have to ask about yourself everytime that Am I really care about the human rights or a piece of cake of my political fantasy?

Yes, it's like a big brother, everybody getting bitchy and two-faced. OR To conclude that it's sth about the ignorance making such this kind of endless drama over and over again. Try next time not to beautify the Olympic Games too much, I don't think the HR only worths 30 billion ponds plus a shitty Logo. And don't politicalise it too much either, coz that's UN's job, what? UN is currently closing during the Easter? Ok, find G.W.Bush..... Ok, he is no longer on duty.......oK, Find some fellas from the GAMES BIDS FORUM to sort out the issue........Now it's all up to you guys now!

Feel better, maryjane?

BTW, Big Brother is better. At least you see a lot of boobs and tushes. ;)

No one really gives a fxck as expecting a 17-day business feast and Super ENTERTAINMENT show would be able to change the issues of 'HUMAN RIGHTS' Problem.

That's exactly what the IOC said the Olympics were going to do when they gave them to Beijing.

Are you really suggesting that no-one should work towards towards the betterment of the world? That there's so many problems, so why bother? Just give us entertainment and stop reminding us of anything unpleasant in the world.

It's not just members here who are concerned about the situation _ it's many people and governments around the world (and anyway, if you read through most posts, you'll find that there's actually very litttle support for a boycott here). If you don't want to be confronted with the big serious issues, ignore threads like these. There's plenty of threads here where we drool over past ceremonies, put down our plans and expectations for coming ceremonies and games and venues, vote for our favourite logos and barrack for our future favourite hosts.

OK, that was almost impossible to read.

Yes, people smuggling is seriously undermining human rights just as repression in China is. Every country has its problems. The difference seems fairly obvious to me though; the former is carried out by gangs which elected Western governments are trying their best to break up, the latter is done by an unelected government to its own people!

Try harder with your analogies next time.

As for dumb accusations of racism, they're hardly worth my time.

Edited by Rob ♪

OK, that was almost impossible to read.

Yes, people smuggling is seriously undermining human rights just as repression in China is. Every country has its problems. The difference seems fairly obvious to me though; the former is carried out by gangs which elected Western governments are trying their best to break up, the latter is done by an unelected government to its own people!

Try harder with your analogies next time.

As for dumb accusations of racism, they're hardly worth my time.

To be honest, you are unable to change them overnight. Go and pray for them.~ You think those political dumbass would listen to your expectation. Maybe they are counting money at this moment......Lol,IRONIC.

That's exactly what the IOC said the Olympics were going to do when they gave them to Beijing.

Are you really suggesting that no-one should work towards towards the betterment of the world? That there's so many problems, so why bother? Just give us entertainment and stop reminding us of anything unpleasant in the world.

It's not just members here who are concerned about the situation _ it's many people and governments around the world (and anyway, if you read through most posts, you'll find that there's actually very litttle support for a boycott here). If you don't want to be confronted with the big serious issues, ignore threads like these. There's plenty of threads here where we drool over past ceremonies, put down our plans and expectations for coming ceremonies and games and venues, vote for our favourite logos and barrack for our future favourite hosts.

Yeah, MOSCOW 2008 AND LOS ANGLES 2012 WOULD BE TRULY MAKING A WONDERFUL WORLD.

We are brining back the Olympics. This is the 21st century. We're brining the Olympics to new and exciting places. China is modernizing itself for the 21st century, without the Olympics as a catalyst, it would probably be years before Beijing and China decided to greatly improve it's transportation and sporting infrastructure.

Well if you dislike China's human rights records, their form of government and the like, by all means dislike it, just separate it from the Olympics.