Why I Support A Beijing Boycott.

And lets be honest, the Beijing games weren't attributed on technical merit...

It was but we have also seen here that using technical evaluation also has disadvantages. I think the sentiment of it all should come in to place and resolved this issue by letting the Olympic games go on without hitches.

Tibet was not on the agenda of the OIC before awarding the Olympics anyway. Human rights violation should be forwarded to the appropriate channel. And, I think China really needs to play low now so that it can overcome this trouble.

Chinese people are not bad but the government is headstrong. This is actually not a near perfect democracy we witness in developed countries like the US, Uk, Canada or Australia. China is new to how democracy operates so, we shouldn't take things with it on the tougher line cos it's used to that - government by force.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was but we have also seen here that using technical evaluation also has disadvantages. I think the sentiment of it all should come in to place and resolved this issue by letting the Olympic games go on without hitches.

Actually, james, it wasn't. Toronto and Paris were considered by many people to have superior technical bids.