Photo Evidence Of Tibet Horror Comes To Light

Photo evidence of Tibet horror comes to light GEOFFREY YORK

From Wednesday's Globe and Mail

March 18, 2008 at 10:23 PM EDT

BEIJING — Gruesome new photos showing Tibetans shot to death in Western China have provided fresh evidence of a Chinese crackdown on Tibetan protesters as the Dalai Lama threatens to resign if the violence spirals out of control.

The photos (many of them too graphic to publish) appear to show bullet holes in the blood-stained corpses of several Tibetans in China's Sichuan province. They are the first hard evidence that Tibetans were shot to death during the Chinese security crackdown in recent days.

Nearly 100 Tibetans have been killed in the crackdown, including 19 yesterday, and hundreds more have been arrested, according to Tibetan activist groups. China says 16 people were killed by Tibetan rioters in Lhasa last week, and it alleges that the Dalai Lama has "masterminded" the violence.

Read the entire article here: Photo evidence of Tibet horror comes to light

And to think, in just a few short months we will be watching the opening ceremonies, as tens of thousands of China's youth dance and sing in a celebration of world unity, peace and brotherhood. Oh please give me a break quickly...

I'm glad that human rights appear far more important to you lately - the next time there are problems in the Middle East I'm sure the Palestinians and/or Lebanese will be grateful for your support.

Photo evidence of Tibet horror comes to light

And to think, in just a few short months we will be watching the opening ceremonies, as tens of thousands of China's youth dance and sing in a celebration of world unity, peace and brotherhood. Oh please give me a break quickly...

Simple enough, don't watch.