Your Torch Relay 2008

China and Russia would never be another West, no matter what system, cultural imports from the outside world, if they are still possibly secure the notion of MotherLand (That's extremely different from the Ocean-Civilizations of Europe), that means they are still remain the heavey heritage thousands years ago left to them. It's so complicated to simplify an issue just about criticising on the surface, sometimes we are always singing we are the one,Or one world, one dream....but that's already the most basic to learn and share with each other, like Olympics.

I don't know, but maybe to listen to allow the other voice commin out is interesting and very good way to learn.

Frankly, who cares about what China, Russia or other nations will end up turning into. Just make sure that these nations do not go arrogant and think that they can impose their views on others that disagree with it. However, that is easy to say that than actually putting it into practice, right?

Just remember one thing that BOCOG has already said over and over again: the Olympic Games is "just another international sporting event." I tend to agree with that, but it is a lot difficult to show that, right?

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, who cares about what China, Russia or other nations will end up turning into. Just make sure that these nations do not go arrogant and think that they can impose their views on others that disagree with it. However, that is easy to say that than actually putting it into practice, right?

THAT IS SO WELL SAID!! That is exactly what a few selected countries are doing to a large part of the REST of the world in middle east, africa and asia. At some point it's even beyong arrogant, but also disuption into other countries's sovereigty and for a few, simply invasion. But like it was stated it's easier said than done.

Well, I have to stand what I believe is true at least I am feeling more solid about. That's nothing as spreading some kind of trendy information. You have full right to select what you wish to listen to, but don't have to follow my remarks all the way down anyway. I am not pro-China, I do discuss and criticise the unfairness around many issues, but at this stage, I am fully support what general Chinese people enjoy about which is just the pure olympics and I'm having great confidence in and positive attitude towards them. They did very much as hard as giving a wonderful games, but forgive me, sometimes I also very dislike the narrow-minded prejudice and unhelpful bitchying. That's just givin me nerves. THAT'S ALL, I am a real person, I do have emotions, so sorry I can't change who I am at this point.

Ok, if you didn't get it, that's fine. I understand the misunderstanding caused by the lack of communication skills

Ok~if you are a guy, not a fag plus, just don't become a bitch. That's at an offensive way, but just kind of atmosphere for a basic cnversation. THANX.

Last statement on the matter.

Reminded of something Mark Twain once said: "Don't get in a wrestling match with a pig: you'll both end up dirty and the pig will enjoy it."

I made the mistake of pushing way too far with a pretty meaningless argument that at the end of the day changed nothing and made no difference. But at least I can claim a degree of high ground by never having to resort to bigoted slurs or profanity to make a point.

I remain in my opinion as you will yours and never the twain shall meet. Now, what say we get back to discussing the Torch Relay and leave it at that?

Just remember one thing that BOCOG has already said over and over again: the Olympic Games is "just another international sporting event." I tend to agree with that, but it is a lot difficult to show that, right?

Exactly, but somebody cares at an extreme level these dayz. When you look back the pics, you'll say WOW, what a show.

Somebody needs be livin on those careness so they can feed themselves indeed .

To see it in a bigger pic, it's all about the gameplay of those arrogant powers, to say they are not imposing their views into our lives, it's truly a joke in the 21st century.

Get real and enjoy what it supposed to be enjoyed about is better than speaking big and idealistic

One thing is very interesting, it's about the Eurocentrism

it's like the West doesn't care and what the East speaks, thinks, and the East has to live under the teaching whenever and for whatever reason. If there're voices, they just need to be heard for both serious aspect.

Hmm, I wonder if the Sichuan leg of the relay can still go ahead?:

BEIJING, May 13 AFP - The Olympic torch relay continued its epic odyssey around China on Tuesday, state media reported, despite a huge earthquake that has left tens of thousands dead and missing.

China's official news agency Xinhua announced that the torch had embarked on its 12th domestic leg in the southeastern province of Fujian, one day after the 7.8-magnitude quake devastated vast areas of southwest China.

The leg kicked off at 8:12 am (0012 GMT) in Longyan, a town in the western part of the province with China's Olympic weightlifting medallist Zhang Xiangxiang running the first stage of the leg, Xinhua reported.

On its website, the Beijing Olympic organising committee showed a picture of a beaming Zhang holding the torch aloft. Torch relay officials were not immediately available for comment.

On Wednesday the relay is scheduled to head to Jiangxi province as it continues its journey around the country.

It is due to pass through disaster-hit Sichuan province in mid-June, with a leg planned for the provincial capital Chengdu on June 18, four days after visiting Chongqing which is also reeling from the quake.

AFP

Torch RELAY need to be cancled, this time is not about the celebration.

The torch relay would be scaled down, and there would be 1 minute moment of silence at the start of each leg.

"...BEIJING (AFP) - The Beijing Olympic torch relay will be scaled down in the wake of the devastating earthquake that hit China, a spokesman for the Games organising committee (BOCOG) told AFP Tuesday.

Committee spokesman Sun Weide said that, starting from Wednesday's leg in the eastern province of Jianxi, the relay would be cut back and that one minute of silence will be observed before runners set off.

"The relay will be scaled down starting from Wednesday and procedures will be simplified," Sun told AFP. "The one minute of silence will reflect our concern for the earthquake victims."

Sun said that scaling down the relay and simplifying procedures would mostly affect ceremonies and celebrations that accompany the launch of each leg.

"We will be cutting down on the speeches and the singing and dancing that have marked the relay so far and it will be a much simpler affair," he said.

The 7.9-magnitude quake that struck Monday in southwest China's Sichuan province has killed more than 11,000 people, and there are fears the death toll will rise further....."

CIVIL AVIATION OF PAKISTAN has announced that airspace of Pakistan will remain open for all air carreirs heading towards Beijing, China till the end of Olympic Games. Pakistan took this step to show its support with Beijing 2008 Olympic Games.

But the funny thing is that they have pasted the Anti-Beijing Olympics images on their website which are made by Tibetians. The non-sense authorities have no idea about Global issues.

http://www.caapakistan.com.pk/fplane.htm

From the official BOCOG website:

Olympic Torch Relay to support disaster relief

The Chinese government and people place great importance on the relief work after the 7.8-magnitude earthquake devastated Wenchuan County in Sichuan Province on Monday, a leading BOCOG official said on Tuesday, May 13.

Earthquake relief work is being provided in a timely and orderly manner, the official added.

Since the Olympic Torch Relay on the Chinese mainland began, the public has passionately shown its support for and enthusiastically participated in relay events, demonstrating a strong sense of patriotism. As the entire nation directs efforts to the common purpose of helping the region recover from the disaster, BOCOG has decided, after consultations with Jiangxi and other provinces, that beginning with the relay in Jiangxi Province, it will simplify procedures, emphasize simplicity and efficiency while putting safety first during the relay. And prior to the start of the torch relay, all relay participants will observe one minute of silence to extend condolences to the victims of the tragedy. Donation boxes will be set up at the starting and finishing points and along the torch relay route to encourage people to help with the relief work.

And donation started in the relay today:

http://torchrelay.beijing2008.cn/en/journe...214362434.shtml

Because katastrfalen Erdbeeben in China Secuan IOC president Rogge is komentiert then all Olimpische moving along with China and our thinking (IOC) have Ihnen.Jede commentary is left, why is not ROgge_IOC sent 1000 blankets, lebensmitell of the IOC, or mineral water for quiet the victims of the disaster because of the IOC anyway deserves Olimpische organisation of the games in China.Das humans have no such words and maliziöse Come Tara vorbereiten.Bravo for Rogge. ;):angry::(

Because katastrfalen Erdbeeben in China Secuan IOC president Rogge is komentiert then all Olimpische moving along with China and our thinking (IOC) have Ihnen.Jede commentary is left, why is not ROgge_IOC sent 1000 blankets, lebensmitell of the IOC, or mineral water for quiet the victims of the disaster because of the IOC anyway deserves Olimpische organisation of the games in China.Das humans have no such words and maliziöse Come Tara vorbereiten.Bravo for Rogge. ;):angry::(

ZENICA, no one can really understand your strange mix of bad German and even worse English!! WHAT ARE U trying to do? R u trying to make communication obsolete? :blink::blink:

You should check the type of keyboard that you are using cos this your gibberish or gobbledygook typing is getting rediculous!

ZENICA, no one can really understand your strange mix of bad German and even worse English!! WHAT ARE U trying to do? R u trying to make communication obsolete? :blink::blink:

ZENICA - Dein Deutsch ist so schlecht und voller Rechtschreibfehler, dass ich mich frage, ob Du jemals eine Schule von innen gesehen hast. Your german is terrible and full of spelling mistakes, that I ask myself, if you ever had been to school.

Ausserdem sollte es Dir klar sein, dass es kein Englisch ist, wenn man schlechtes Deutsch mit ein paar Brocken Englisch vermischt. Furthermore you should know, that it is not english, when you mix bad German with some words in English. :blink::blink:

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

You should check the type of keyboard that you are using cos this your gibberish or gobbledygook typing is getting rediculous!

Zen _ when even James is calling your posts gobbledygook, you should realise you're really, really making no sense.

Anyway, what happened, your language seems to have declined and got totally mixed up since your postings during the Salzburg 2014 bid and your Platini for UEFA campaign?

Edited by Sir Roltel

Zen _ when even James is calling your posts gobbledygook, you should realise you're really, really making no sense.

Anyway, what happened, your language seems to have declined and got totally mixed up since your postings during the Salzburg 2014 bid and your Platini for UEFA campaign?

I have the feeling that either Zenica is suffering some form of mental breakdown hence these uncharacteristic nonsense posts we are getting from him or,more likely IMO,this is not the original poster at all but someone who is using his identity to bombard us with all this gibberish!! :unsure:

I have the feeling that either Zenica is suffering some form of mental breakdown hence these uncharacteristic nonsense posts we are getting from him or,more likely IMO,this is not the original poster at all but someone who is using his identity to bombard us with all this gibberish!! :unsure:

That's exactly the impression I have as well. Zenica (or whoever uses her/his identity) seems to be completely out of it -- just a few months ago, she/he wrote practically perfect postings like this:

Sorry Rolilau, today (or better: tomorrow morning) you will see that all the people - including me - are right who said: Salzburg never will get the Games. Salzburg had a lot of problems from the early beginning on. A small budget, the doping affair Torino 2006 and not to forget two very strong competitors, Sochi and PyongChang. Both rivals were strong supported financially and both are from Asia (I know some people denied that this is important bit I still believe on the rotation system even the IOC told us that it doesn´t exist any longer). Another disadvantage is the organisational chaos with permanent changing officials (Wallner, Schaden, Leitner, Jungwirth, Radmann and so on). I read in the papers that it was a good decision for Radmann to leave if he still want to stay alive (from a healthy point of view). I think that says a lot about the organisation.

Sorry, Salzburg didn´t do their homework so they will fail a third time.That also means: the door is open for Munich 2018. :blink:

This is only a short comment from my side. I don´t have the time to write 20,000 messages and I don´t want to polemise any longer - so that´s it.

And if you look into her/his posting history, you'll see that during the past months, her/his postings got more and more mixed up with (usually wrongly spelled) German words and also more and more incoherent. That's really disquieting.

And because it's such a gradual development, I'm not too sure about that Zenica's account was "hijacked" by someone else who wants to fool us.

That's exactly the impression I have as well. Zenica (or whoever uses her/his identity) seems to be completely out of it -- just a few months ago, she/he wrote practically perfect postings like this:

And if you look into her/his posting history, you'll see that during the past months, her/his postings got more and more mixed up with (usually wrongly spelled) German words and also more and more incoherent. That's really disquieting.

And because it's such a gradual development, I'm not too sure about that Zenica's account was "hijacked" by someone else who wants to fool us.

Exactly. His latest posts just don't match with the language and eloquebnce he used in the past. Take this past effort for example:

The EU also has to be fully engaged in the organisation of the OG´s in Torino and London. So the security experts has to work close together and to do everything that things like in Madrid or London do not happen during the Games in the future.The security programs for the Games in Torino, Vancouver and Beijing, later London have to be on highest level because of the actual situation in the world. It´s impossible to think that there could be thousands of dead because of a terrorist attack. These programs have to be developed on highest standard. This will be the case also for the organisators for the next 15 years minimum. They don´t have to give terrorists a chance to get a target for their doing while Games which should be Games in peace and friendship (like it happened in Munich 1972). Let´s hope this won´t happen any more in the future. There have to be, besides own security departments, also involved international organisations like NATO etc. to improve security. The risk will be then on a lower level - but it´s still there. A coordination between all (governments, IOC, international organisations, sport organisations, also the public) is absolutely necessary to observe the situation and to do the right things before it´s too late. Besides doping this is the second important problem which need the full support of all. Without security there will be no organisation of any big event like OG´s, where the organisators give a guarantee for the security of the athets, officials and the auditors.

I may not agree with his opinion (and i think I said so at the time), but the language was really pretty good.

Now, he's starting to make james sound like Shakespeare! I think you may be on to something and we do indeed have an identity hijacker!