Your Torch Relay 2008

Exactly. His latest posts just don't match with the language and eloquebnce he used in the past. Take this past effort for example:

I may not agree with his opinion (and i think I said so at the time), but the language was really pretty good.

Now, he's starting to make james sound like Shakespeare! I think you may be on to something and we do indeed have an identity hijacker!

But as I said: That strange development (i.e. the decrease in quality of Zenica's postings) was rather gradual so that I think it's more probable that Zenica has gradually developed some mental problems in the last few months.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

talk not because I do not need to 10.OOO e mail 20.OOO write psihische meaning Ikebana, Lambada, Mara Kana, samba, rumba, maracuya and those blödsinn, long talk kuze Sinn.Campagne and gramatisch or not is important then we vestehen us because for Panama, Ikebana, Samba and those responsible are other scmarn which need ten to twenty thousand e mail write, then you satisfy your Seele.So sick of the topic and I talk no further :angry::rolleyes::angry:

talk not because I do not need to 10.OOO e mail 20.OOO write psihische meaning Ikebana, Lambada, Mara Kana, samba, rumba, maracuya and those blödsinn, long talk kuze Sinn.Campagne and gramatisch or not is important then we vestehen us because for Panama, Ikebana, Samba and those responsible are other scmarn which need ten to twenty thousand e mail write, then you satisfy your Seele.So sick of the topic and I talk no further :angry::rolleyes::angry:

At least you still seem to understand what we write. So why are you doing that rubbish here and pretend being crazy? Or if you're not Zenica -- where is she/he? Doesn't she/he know that you abuse her/his account for such silly postings?

At least you still seem to understand what we write. So why are you doing that rubbish here and pretend being crazy? Or if you're not Zenica -- where is she/he? Doesn't she/he know that you abuse her/his account for such silly postings?

Indeed...what has this raving lunatic done with the real Zenica??? :blink:

Edited by Mainad

Someone asked in another thread if there would be a moment of silence in the opening ceremony. Indeed, the torch relay since the quake has gone hand-in-hand with a lot of fund-raising and condolescense elements, e.g

Moment of silence at the opening ceremony:

http://www.geocities.com/mpkwok/U397P6T12D...80516114552.jpg

Funding raising from sponsors and corporations:

http://www.geocities.com/mpkwok/U397P6T12D...80516153427.jpg

Here's has been a common banner. Literally it translates " When 1 corner has trouble, help would come from 8 corners":

http://www.geocities.com/mpkwok/U397P6T12D...80516152820.jpg

One more, "Cheer for the olypimpics, and stand up, Sichuan"

http://www.geocities.com/mpkwok/U2096P6T12...8_small_min.jpg

I was especially moved by this photo, it's from this university in the province where they're having the realy, saying "Don't worry, we would take good care of the students whose home are from Sichuan"

http://www.geocities.com/mpkwok/U2096P6T12...9_small_min.jpg

The company I work has started this fund-raising campaign across its global network, matching 1 to 1, and I pledge any of your kind donation through your local red cross/ oxfam.

Regards,

mp

I condone rude, abrasive & authoritative comments and personal attacks in this forum meant for civilized and peaceful discussion, and I am sure this viewpoint is shared by many other forumers with rational minds.

re-posted with pics

===

Someone asked in another thread if there would be a moment of silence in the opening ceremony. Indeed, the torch relay since the quake has gone hand-in-hand with a lot of fund-raising and condolescense elements, e.g

Moment of silence at the opening ceremony:

U397P6T12D3665828F44DT20080516114552.jpg

Funding raising from sponsors and corporations:

U397P6T12D3666385F44DT20080516153427.jpg

Here's has been a common banner. Literally it translates " When 1 corner has trouble, help would come from 8 corners":

U397P6T12D3666376F44DT20080516152820.jpg

One more, "Cheer for the olypimpics, and stand up, Sichuan"

U2096P6T12D3665761F44DT20080516114418_small_min.jpg

I was especially moved by this photo, it's from this university in the province where they're having the realy, saying "Don't worry, we would take good care of the students whose home are from Sichuan"

U2096P6T12D3665196F44DT20080516085359_small_min.jpg

The company I work has started this fund-raising campaign across its global network, matching 1 to 1, and I pledge any of your kind donation through your local red cross/ oxfam.

Regards,

I condone rude, abrasive & authoritative comments and personal attacks in this forum meant for civilized and peaceful discussion, and I am sure this viewpoint is shared by many other forumers with rational minds.

Enough of that nonsense here, okay?

Getting back on topic, I need this confirmed. There will be a change of plans of how the Olympic torch relay will be run, after the earthquake devastation on Sichuan province, right? On top of that, the Olympic torch run in Sichuan province will take place in August instead, just days before the opening ceremony and it will be the last province to experience it, before the torch goes directly to Beijing. Is that also right?

Enough of that nonsense here, okay?

Getting back on topic, I need this confirmed. There will be a change of plans of how the Olympic torch relay will be run, after the earthquake devastation on Sichuan province, right? On top of that, the Olympic torch run in Sichuan province will take place in August instead, just days before the opening ceremony and it will be the last province to experience it, before the torch goes directly to Beijing. Is that also right?

Yeah, that's right Guardian:

BEIJING, May 22 AFP - The Beijing Olympic torch relay will be altered so that the flame goes through earthquake-ravaged Sichuan province shortly before the Games, organisers said today.

The torch will go through Sichuan from August 3 to 5, Beijing Games organisers said in a statement on their website.

The torch had been scheduled to pass through Tangshan, the city destroyed in a 1976 earthquake that left 240,000 people dead, on August 3.

Now it seems the Tibet leg of the relay is also to be shortened, due to the quake:

BEIJING, May 25, 2008 (AFP) - The Olympic torch's trip through Tibet next month will be shortened, Beijing Games organisers said Sunday, in a move that could minimise any outcry over the controversial relay leg.

The torch's passage through the Himalayan region will be cut from an originally planned three days to just one as part of route changes made because of China's earthquake, an official with the Beijing Games organisers told AFP.

``The change is due to the Sichuan earthquake's impact on the rest of the relay. Because of this, the sacred flame will only pass through (the Tibetan capital) Lhasa for one day,'' Li Lizhi, an information officer with the Beijing Olympics, told AFP.

``It will probably be in Lhasa on June 18 but we are waiting to confirm that,'' she said.

The Olympic torch had been scheduled to transit a district south of Lhasa on June 19 before spending the following two days in the Tibetan capital, where fierce rioting against Chinese rule erupted in March.

The protests in March revealed deep anger against China's control of the devoutly Buddhist region, and overseas pro-Tibet activists have denounced the Tibet leg -- which was planned well before the unrest -- as a further snub to Tibetans and world opinion.

The change is the latest made after tens of thousands of people were killed in the May 12 earthquake in Sichuan province.

China called three days of national mourning last week, during which the torch relay was halted, and has made various adjustments to make up for those lost days.

The torch's worldwide relay is the longest and most ambitious in Olympic history. Following a one-month world tour in April, it is now on a three-month domestic circuit that has included taking a torch to the summit of Mount Everest.

However, since the flame was first lit in Greece on March 24, the relay has been repeatedly disrupted by groups trying to highlight grievances against China's communist rulers, especially their rule of remote Tibet.

Matt Whitticase, spokesman for the London-based Free Tibet Campaign, said earlier this month that the Tibet leg was an attempt by China to ``underscore its baseless claims to sovereignty over Tibet.''

During the Tibet unrest, protesters denounced Chinese rule and called for the return of the exiled Dalai Lama.

Speaking on Wednesday during a trip to London, the Dalai Lama urged Tibetans not to disrupt the torch relay.

``I appeal, particularly inside Tibet, (people) should not disrupt the Olympic torch when they visit. We must respect, we must protect that,'' he told reporters.

Olympic organisers had already pushed back the torch's leg through quake-devastated Sichuan province to August 3-5, making it the last stop before coming to Beijing for the August 8-24 Games.

The torch was in the eastern province of Jiangsu on Sunday.