Your Torch Relay 2008

Frankly, I hardly understand what you are trying to tell me. You write such complicated comments that actually, it's no surprise that they can be easily misunderstood. But we should leave it there -- I'm not interested in having lengthy philosophical discussions about an actually pretty simple problem.

......Well~then just don't judge people randomly with your standards.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

......Well~then just don't judge people randomly with your standards.

Those are not my standards alone, but the standards of the whole forum -- to speak freely but also to accept other users to speak freely! Simple as that -- and no reason to use game theories or other overblown explanations.

Those are not my standards alone, but the standards of the whole forum -- to speak freely but also to accept other users to speak freely! Simple as that -- and no reason to use game theories or other overblown explanations.

So becuase I am using ''overvlown expanations'', I am not supposed to speak freely in order to match the standard you still couldn't give me any explaination about. Ok, you said no reason, then I shout my mouth for you for your ''no reason''.

So becuase I am using ''overvlown expanations'', I am not supposed to speak freely in order to match the standard you still couldn't give me any explaination about. Ok, you said no reason, then I shout my mouth for you for your ''no reason''.

Wow, you're absolutely a master of putting words in other people's mouths. Or of twisting the words of other people. You can theorise as much as you want, but as long as I don't understand what you're talking about, your theorisations will be a monologue only and thus pretty senseless.

Yes, I think it's pretty odd that someone makes a big theoretical debate out of an actually very simple problem. But that doesn't mean that I forbid you to theorise.

Children wait to see torch relay

Img214290806.jpg

This photo taken on April 3 shows a group of children dressed in traditional attire wait to see the torch relay in Istanbul, Turkey.

(Photo credit: Xinhua)

Torchbearer Nese Cetin holds the torch

Img214290904.jpg

Img214291121.jpg

Ohhhh,so many sunglasses...haha

Img214291011.jpg

Img214290765.jpg

St. Petersburg leg of Torch Relay to pick up on April 5

HELLO, St. Petersburg~!

Img214290010.jpg

Img214291468.jpg

Img214291565.jpg

BOCOG Executive Vice-President Jiang Xiaoyu disembarks carrying the Olympic flame in a safety lantern. (Photo credit: Xinhua)

(ISTANBUL, April 4) – BOCOG Executive Vice-President Jiang Xiaoyu and the Olympic flame arrived at 3:30 a.m. (GMT +4) on April 4 in St. Petersburg, Russia, where the Beijing Olympic Torch Relay will resume on April 5, reported Xinhua Net.

Traveling from Istanbul, Turkey, Jiang and the flame were greeted at the airport by St. Petersburg Vice Governor Sergei Borisovich Tarasov and other officials, as well as a delegation led by Chinese ambassador to Russia Liu Guchang and Chinese consul in St. Petersburg Tian Erlong.

The first torchbearer will take off from the starting point at Victory Square in the southern part of St. Petersburg. The 20-km relay route will head north, passing through the city center, the north bank of the Neva River and numerous historical sites to end at Hermitage Square, where a ceremony will be held for the lighting of the cauldron.

Eighty torchbearers, including well-known athletes and sports stars, will take part in the relay.

St. Petersburg is the third stop on the Torch Relay outside of the Chinese mainland. The previous stops were Almaty, Kazakhstan on April 2 and Istanbul, Turkey on April 3.

Where to watch the torch relay coverage???? I want it so bad for St. Petersburg

you could find the pix live in BOCOG website, and after one city's relay finish,you will found the small relay video in BOCOG first website.

You could in www.beijing2008.cn Chinese visual.

And BTV(Beijing TV) will live every torch relay in parts.

St. Petersburg torchbearers gather for pre-relay reception

Img214292237.jpg

Galina Zybina, the first torchbearer in St. Petersburg

Img214292238.jpg

Russia's Evgeni Plushenko, an Olympic figure skating gold medalist, at the torchbearer reception.

Img214292239.jpg

Valentina Tereshkova, the first woman to visit outer space, speaks to reporters

ST. PETERSBURG, April 4) -- The 80 torchbearers who will take part in the St. Petersburg, Russia, leg of the Beijing Olympic Torch Relay attended on April 4 a pre-relay reception here, where the detailed route of the relay was unveiled.

In addition to receiving appropriate gear and identification at the reception, the torchbearers also learned about the relay process and relay etiquette.

Most of the torchbearers are current or former Olympic gold medalists and well-known athletes.

Over 60 torchbearers call St. Petersburg home, including the first torchbearer, 77-year-old Galina Zybina, who won the first gold medal for the former Soviet Union as a shot-putter. Having experienced the 900-day Siege of Leningrad during World War II, she is to start the relay at the Monument to the Heroic Defenders of Leningrad in the city's Victory Square with a moment of silence as a tribute to those who suffered.

The last torchbearer in St. Petersburg, Svetlana Zhurova, was a Women's Speed Skating gold medalist at Turin 2006 and is the current vice-speaker of the Russian State Duma.

Img214293279.jpg

The first torvh bearer in St Petersbourg

Img214292890.jpg

Russian childrens hail for the great moment (Photo credit: Xinhua)

The St. Petersburg, Russia, leg of the Beijing Olympic Torch Relay kicked off at 10:45 a.m. (GMT +4) on April 5 with a ceremony at the Monument to the Heroic Defenders of Leningrad in Victory Square.

Img214292712.jpg

Img214292925.jpg

Img214292902.jpg

Img214293076.jpg