The Most Successful Football Teams Play In Red

Stu

The success of football teams wearing red shirts - including Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal - is no coincidence, academics have revealed. Scientists at universities in Plymouth and Durham analysed data on all English league clubs since World War II and found home teams in red won more often.

BBC

Lol...hahaha. I now know why Liverpool defeat Inter Milan. I beleive it's only a guess on by scientists.

A similar study came out a few years ago saying the Olympic athletes in Boxing, Taekwondo and Wrestling are more likely to win a bout if they are the red corner rather that the blue corner.

On the other hand, I remember another study a few years back that said Black was an unsuccessful colour for a spirts team to wear.

New Zealand's All Blacks, I suppose, contradicts that (then again, they've never been lucky when it comes to the RWC)

How refutable can this really be? I hate being perturbed by mere guess or say. Liverpool lost to Ac Milan in the EUFA cup final on red against black last year.

How refutable can this really be? I hate being perturbed by mere guess or say. Liverpool lost to Ac Milan in the EUFA cup final on red against black last year.

Stop being STUPID again, james. That is one (1) game. What others are saying are what stats seem to be saying.

Another note for everyone -- not just for you, j.

1. Ydya think the Chinese consider 'red' to be a lucky color? Because it represents blood -- the liquid of life.

2. Similarly, the Spartans and ancient Roman soldiers used red cloaks because they were an excellent disguise for any bleeding sustained in battle. (Yeah, including hermaphrodite warriors!! :lol: )

Stop being STUPID again, james. That is one (1) game. What others are saying are what stats seem to be saying.

Am not! I am not stupid! Stop using that word on me cos I don't like it. Your opinion on my comment is very negative, though, I expect something with detail explanation from you not your every now and then insult.

Am not! I am not stupid! Stop using that word on me cos I don't like it. Your opinion on my comment is very negative, though, I expect something with detail explanation from you not your every now and then insult.

What we're trying to say is that this was a statistical survey, based on a large number of matches involving a large number of teams over a long period of time. of course, you will find cases where exceptions happen. The survey was pointing to a general trend, not an absolute rule.

The red english teams win becuase they have more sponsorship and ownership dollars to throw around...but is there something attractive about red that lures more injections of funds? Thats an interesting idea.

In Australian soccer at least it seems to be the darker purples and blacks over the course of the past few decades. Melbourne in the A-League, Perth and Wollongong in the NSL.

The red english teams win becuase they have more sponsorship and ownership dollars to throw around...but is there something attractive about red that lures more injections of funds? Thats an interesting idea.

In Australian soccer at least it seems to be the darker purples and blacks over the course of the past few decades. Melbourne in the A-League, Perth and Wollongong in the NSL.

Thank you for that one, mister. You're a keen observer with good intelligence. I know ppl are silent about red color now.

Archived