Theme Songs Of Beijing 2008

Now 150 days to the Games.

After 50 days, when 100 days to the Games, we will know theme songs of Beijing 2008.

Today the collection of Olympic Songs is over.

BOCOG will choose some songs as the Olympic theme songs.

And after the collection, BOCOG will also could receive and consider other good songs for Beijing 2008. Because they dont want miss any good Olympic song. About this April, Celine Dion will bring her new Olympic song for Beijing 2008.

Img214265078.jpg

Today BOCOG receive a song from Jay Chow, a very famouse and gifted music star from Taiwan. He is very hot in Chinese world.

20051113222328523.jpg

Img214265077.jpg

Don't have anything about her, but i would be very dissapointed, since she already sang on an olympics before. They should give the chance to a new face. And i'm pretty sure that the style will be similar like ''The Power of the Dream'' so i don't expect much for what is her entry for the song contest.

I just hope David Foster dont put an entry or i will lose the interest completly. Too much olympic songs by him already! (Calgary, Atlanta, Salt Lake, Torino...)

Live with it. Celine has the franchise as L'ambassadrix d'chanson du les Jeux Olympiques.

She is as close to being a universally accepted and popular pop singer as there is. We all know Bjork, Sissel (whom I really like), Avril Lavigne and Gloria Estefan have tried; but Celine has better agents. So...

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Why should the Chinese pick a foreign singer for their theme song? I don't expect that, after all those "home-grown" songs and performers they've already presented in their theme song contest so far.

So I rather think that Celine Dion's Olympic song is only a theme song for some Olympic broadcaster (most likely CTV or maybe NBC or any of the European channels -- ARD and ZDF like to choose songs of famous foreign performers for their major sports broadcasts, for example) and not for the official BOCOG theme song contest.

But even if Celine Dion was chosen: I have to admit that I wouldn't find it that bad (depending also on the quality of the song, of course). I like "Power of the Dream" a lot and Celine Dion is a very talented singer IMO. Maybe she has had crappy/kitschy songs as well, but if she has a nice tune on offer this time, why shouldn't she (theoretically) get a second shot for an Olympic ceremony? I think that we'll have her around in Vancouver anyway.

To hell with Celine and the cheeseballs, here's my suggestion, "Ladies and Gentlemen" by Saliva

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=...videoid=7008547

Face the facts, to get fired up, athletes don't want to listen to "let's hold hands and sing kumbaya" nonsense, they want hard edged, fact paced rock to fire them up.

By now, there's not any signs show that BOCOG will choose a foreign singer star to sing the Olympic theme song.

There will be some olympic songs during the games. And there are also many different styles you will heard,especially many Chinese traditional singings.

Celine just have this plan,and she and her Celine Team touched BOCOG to show they will have this plan and they are doing this.

The Olympic song she mentioned will be brought in Celine's concert in Beijing and Shanghai this April.

It's quite interesting with the theme songs, that it seems like Beijing is doing the exact opposite of Athens. Beijing is going down the road of everyone getting high by the aroma of sweaty hands clasping together in harmony whilst rejoycing the virtues of peace, doves and all other things pure.

Meanwhile, Athens came out and said with *Oceania* by Bjork, that she wanted to get away from the traditionally peace love, sports socks and ribbons traditions of Olympic theme songs.

im sure that BOCOG wont choose a song like "Oceania" as the Beijing Olympic theme song.

In fact, many young people in China like Bjork's "Oceania". And I like "Oceania" too, But Bjork's "Oceania" is only Athens...

By now, all the Olympic songs are "dull" and "Traditional Olympic Style's". Maybe you will hear some special, just like some Chinese traditional minority nationalities' singing. For example: nationality Tibetan, Inner Mongolia, Zhuang, Dong, Korean, Miao and so on. These traditional minority nationalities' singing would make you have some new feeling. Maybe some of them will make you feel strange, but not bad when you understand what's they want to express.

im sure that BOCOG wont choose a song like "Oceania" as the Beijing Olympic theme song.

In fact, many young people in China like Bjork's "Oceania". And I like "Oceania" too, But Bjork's "Oceania" is only Athens...

By now, all the Olympic songs are "dull" and "Traditional Olympic Style's". Maybe you will hear some special, just like some Chinese traditional minority nationalities' singing. For example: nationality Tibetan, Inner Mongolia, Zhuang, Dong, Korean, Miao and so on. These traditional minority nationalities' singing would make you have some new feeling. Maybe some of them will make you feel strange, but not bad when you understand what's they want to express.

How large it the Korean minority in China, xu wen-ting?