Photo

Petro Canada 2010 Coin Sports Cards Exclusive

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 SkiFreak

SkiFreak

Flag Bearer Level 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2576 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:28 PM

Petro Canada is also selling the 2010 quarters, but a colorized version of them. Here's the info:

Posted Image
Start collecting the series today!
Leading up to the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games, The Royal Canadian Mint (RCM) will launch a series of collectable Vancouver 2010 Coin Sport Cards. Each card celebrates an Olympic or Paralympic sport, features a red maple leaf outline and is uniquely mounted on a collector card. Through our partnership with the RCM, these cards are available exclusively at participating Petro-Canada locations!

You can buy The Vancouver 2010 Coin Sport Cards for $7.95 each or redeem them for free with 9,900 Petro-Points.

A portion of the proceeds support Olympic and Paralympic athletes and coaches through Petro-Canada's Fuelling the Dream* Fund.

Watch for the next release of the series — the hockey sports card — April 3.

Keep the Change

The Royal Canadian Mint has also launched winter-sport 25-cent circulation coins. You’ll receive as change the first in the series — the curling circulation coin — at participating Petro-Canada locations today1.

Here's their website: http://retail.petro-...ca/default.aspx

For those message board members not in Canada, the coin cards are probably already on eBay.

sochi_mascotsSmall_zpse627e426.jpg

#2 SkiFreak

SkiFreak

Flag Bearer Level 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2576 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:28 PM

I picked up my first coin sport card today. Here's how it looks:

The front:
Posted Image

The Back:
Posted Image

They could've put more information on the back of the card rather than a "Did you know?"
On the back it says "Collector Card Series 1/15" so the cards will only be for the quarters, not the Loonies. So if you see a colourized quarter out on the street, someone just popped it out of one of these cards as ths is the only place you'll get the colourized 2010 quarters. The only thing that has colour on the quarter is the maple leaf outline. Next quarter is out in April.

#3 SkiFreak

SkiFreak

Flag Bearer Level 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2576 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:15 AM

Vancouver 2010 may have it's first sought after item by collectors. The Petro Canada Alpine Skiing coin card. Some coin cards were released with the Alpine Skiing coin having a date stamped on them of 2008, instead of 2007. It has been corrected but there may still be some 2008 Alpine Skiing quarter cards out there in Petro Canada gas stations. Something to keep your eyes open for.

I saw this bit of info on an Ebay listing.

#4 SkiFreak

SkiFreak

Flag Bearer Level 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2576 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 09:45 PM

Petro Canada has a buy 2 get 1 free promotion going on right now for the 2010 quarter cards. The promotion is on until sometime in January.

I picked up three Alpine Skiing quarter cards (and I made use of the get 3 for the price of 2). Sure enough, the Mint made an error and they got stamped with 2008 rather than 2007. I heard the regular circulation quarters were fixed and are stamped 2007.

#5 SkiFreak

SkiFreak

Flag Bearer Level 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2576 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:38 PM

Petro Canada is now offering a tin box to store the coin cards in. For more info:
http://retail.petro-...mpics/1160.aspx

#6 SkiFreak

SkiFreak

Flag Bearer Level 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2576 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:09 PM

Does anybody happen to know what happened to the Bobsleigh quarter card? That was a 2008 quarter wasn't it? Petro Can hasn't released the card for Boblseigh yet and on their webpage:
http://retail.petro-...mpics/3199.aspx
it isn't listed. Are they delaying the release?

#7 SkiFreak

SkiFreak

Flag Bearer Level 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2576 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:34 PM

Does anybody happen to know what happened to the Bobsleigh quarter card? That was a 2008 quarter wasn't it? Petro Can hasn't released the card for Boblseigh yet and on their webpage:
http://retail.petro-...mpics/3199.aspx
it isn't listed. Are they delaying the release?

I e-mailed Petro Canada about the 2008 Bobsleigh Coin Card. Their response was that it is coming out in June.

#8 SkiFreak

SkiFreak

Flag Bearer Level 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2576 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:19 PM

I just took a look at Petro Canada's website to see what quarter cards I'm missing and I see they are deviating from the original set, or I should say, they added a few extra ones. Looks like they dropped the Ice Sledge Hockey coin card and instead introduced:
Men's Ice Hockey - released Sept 2009
Cindy Klassen - available January 5, 2010
Women's Ice Hockey - available Nov 17, 2009

It's weird that the did this. This year they were supposed to release:
Ice Sledge Hockey
Bronze
Silver
Gold

Here's the webpage: http://retail.petro-...mpics/3199.aspx

#9 SkiFreak

SkiFreak

Flag Bearer Level 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2576 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:59 AM

The last in the set, Ice Sledge Hockey is coming out March 18. Also, the quarter cards have been reduced to $3.99.
For more details: http://retail.petro-...mpics/3199.aspx

#10 SkiFreak

SkiFreak

Flag Bearer Level 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2576 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:18 PM

Just a reminder that the last circulation quarter is out today, Sledge Hockey.