Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ikarus360

Pyeongchang 2018 Ceremonies

31 posts in this topic

Minor detail here:

Since the women's 30km ccskiing event will be held on the last day now, both that and the men's 50k event medal ceremonies will be held at the closing ceremony.

On 25/1/2017 at 8:21 AM, Sir Rols said:

What happened to @nature and @Tulsa -I thought they kept telling us it never snowed in Korea!

It's exceptional, mark my words, Korea 2018 will be a fail. ;)

Like how Annecy bid went out? ;) 

Screenshot i took from the recent mascot video, showing the Olympic Plaza (though don't pay attention to Alpensia and its innacurate location :lol: ). 

LvBwyrr.png

Saw Zhang Yimou's latest, THE GREAT WALL.  NO, it's not about Donald Frump's moronic Mexican folly; but about China's Great Wall!  Has all the Yimou trademarks of spectacle.  Like 900 soldiers wouldn't do; there would have to be 900,000.  And of course, I agree.  The story is based on legend that the Great Wall was built to keep away a particularly voracious kind of beast (no; not the Republicans -- more like the Aliens without the acid blood) and protect the capital.  Anyway, the battle scenes and armaments were great.  If King Priam and his Trojans had them, there would have been no Trojan Horse and Menelaus and his Greeks would have been sent home packing in the first high tide!!   This film bodes well for the Beijing 2022 ceremonies.  One can never have too much SPECTACLE!!  ;)

1 person likes this

I really want to see what Zhang Yimou has prepared for the handover in the closing ceremony. He'll most likely have more liberties than when he did the handover in Athens 2004. Considering his ceremonies in 2008 were and still are the most spectacular to date, imagine what he'll be capable off with the new technologies which have came out since then.