Hamburg 2032 Round 2 Vote  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which HAMBURG Logo should progress to the next round?

ffpOTb.jpg

Welcome back everyone to Round 2 of voting for the 2032 Summer Games Logo of the 10th Annual GamesBids Olympic Logo Comp. 

First of all, the events of Round 1. And the big news there was the single round victory of Daveypodmore in the Havana section. Congratulations Davey! Well done.

Main_logo.jpg

Which means we say Adios to Glacib's, JO2024's and Paul's Havana entries :(. Results were, with 14 votes all valid: Logo A (Glacib) 3 votes; Logo B (JO2024) 2 Votes; and Logo C (Davey) 9 votes. Davey's, with 64.29 per cent, is automatic winner. The big shock to me was Paul's bowing out with no votes! I really picked it as one of the strongest contenders. As usual, his usual support materials were excellent. I sure didn't see this result coming for his Havana logo. And, I'm sad to say, it means the clean sweep for this year is now out of his reach. Still, I guess the Logo Winners' Cup and the Kathmandu prizes make up a bit for that. 

And so on to Hamburg. When I went to bed last night, it looked like Davey could scoop the pool in both sections in one round. But those pesky Hamburgers are keeping him honest. As it stands in the cold light or morning (or not so cold in Sydney), the results were: Logo A (Davey) 6 votes; Logo B (Glacib) 2 votes; Logo C (Scotguy) 5 votes; and Logo D (JMarkSnow2012) 1 Vote. JHMarkSnow's Hamburg referendum finger is therefore eliminated and with no other polling more than 50 per cent, we move onto a second round for Hamburg. Not to offend you, JMark, but I'm a little relieved - I thought yours was capable of being the Donald Trump of logo entries. I'm a little surprised a "humour" logo hasn't cracked through to win to date. But thanks for entering and being a good sport.

So, to restate rules:

• This voting round will be open for (approximately) 24 hours - it will close after 7am, Saturday January 7, Sydney time (8pm Jan 6 GMT). 
  • Voting in this section will now be conducted in rounds until one entry has an absolute majority and is declared the winner.
  • The winner of the Hamburg rounds will go on to face the winner of the Havana rounds in a final poll to declare the overall winner and Olympic host for 2032.
  • In this and following rounds, the logo in each section with the lowest number of votes will be eliminated at the close of the poll.
  • Vote in the poll for your favourite logo. You have ONE vote in each section, so make it count.
  • Your votes are public and can be seen by all.
  • Entrants MAY vote for their own logo if they wish. 
  • Votes are valid if cast by members of GamesBids as of December 1 2016 with a bona fide posting record.
  • I will rule on the validity of any suspicious or disputed votes, or who constitutes a bona fide voting member.
  •  I will not vote in this, or any subsequent rounds. If a tie-breaker vote is needed, I will cast the tie-breaking vote.
  • Be fair and sportsmanlike, this is meant to be fun and the entrants all deserve RESPECT.

So who's gonna face off against Davey's Havana in the final? Get voting to decide!