4 hours ago, panamfan said:

Hi!  I'm all excited about watching the opening ceremony tonight on NBC.  And I can't help but think of a certain song that I think captures the excitement of the moment:

"Overture, Curtain, Lights!

This is It - The Night of Nights!

No More Rehearsing or Nursing a Part!

We Know Every Part By Heart!

Overture! Curtain! Lights!

This is It - We'll Hit the Heights!

And, Oh What Heights We'll Hit!

On With The Show This Is It!"

-The Bugs Bunny Overture (1961)

Enjoy the Opening Ceremony everyone!

AHH, the memories of saturday morning cartoons!!

10 minutes ago, plusbrilliantsexploits said:

It's gonna be pretty late in Western Europe: In Germany, the broadcast of the Opening Ceremony is scheduled to start at 23:40 and go all the way to 05:00. That's pretty hardcore, but then again, some revellers coming home from parties or just being sports enthusiasts may very well be curious to take a peek.

Broadcasters on Central European Time seem to be doing that a lot- starting their introductions late today, and just slogging through to the 1am start. Maybe not so much those on East European time though- they seem more inclined to write it off, and start as close as decent to 2am.

I indeed got it wrong. It will be starting at 1 am, not 11pm. It's a bit frustrating. It better be good, cause after a hard week of work, I don't feel like staying up all night.
When I see that some of the swimming finals are held at 4 am...

Since Tokyo 2020 will be pretty much the same... The continental rotation suddenly makes so much sense! 2024 HAS to go to Europe!

Can't believe we're finally here again at the start of another Olympics! :)

Let's hope all the problems and doubts will soon be cast aside once the Opening Ceremony gets underway.

Here's to Rio 2016 and a truly great experience for athletes, spectators and, not least, for Brazilians everywhere!!! :D

Hey Guys :)

If this is really the cauldron (what I imagine, or not ?! ^^), I am wondering in which way they will have the fire and Gaslines in the Structure. As you can see, there is no space for a ''flame'' and I can't see anything that looks like little holes in it for the Gas come out and lit.

Very suspect in my mind :blink: