2026 FIFA World Cup Logo Comp!

The World Cup. The only event that can hold a candle to the Olympics in global prestige. So it's a bit odd that we haven't held a logo contest for it isn't it? UNTIL NOW :)
This is the Gamesbids FIFA World Cup 2026 logo comp - here's how it works:
As with some previous comps here, this is a multiple-choice-multiple-country format. You can make a logo for any number of the following exceptional eight countries:
USA 2026
Argentina 2026
Morocco 2026
New Zealand 2026
Australia 2026
China 2026
England 2026
Spain 2026
You can make logos for any number of these, but it is one logo per entrant per country.

This is a contest for a hosting logo for the 2026 FIFA World Cup.
As such it will need to be in the current format of logo that FIFA uses - that is, vaguely in the shape of the World Cup trophy. For clarification, here are the logos of the 2014 & 2018 World Cups, demonstrating what we're talking about & what can be done with the trophy shape:
russia_2018_logo.jpg
The font of the xxx 2026 bit is completely your own choice.

I can't give any detail about the voting format yet - it will depend on how many submissions we get. But I can tell you that submissions are now OPEN UNTIL JULY 3. We will then conduct any kind of voting over the final week of Euro 2016.
So, good luck to all, & get designing! :)

• Like 1

I just did them up quick and dirty - literally five minutes each, to get things going. I tried to make them fit the WC trophy shape more, but my free drawing skills on computer aren't the best - there's reason I usually organise these things rather than participate. Liberty's head, for example, looked way too strange and distorted if I tried to make it bigger. I'm sure they could be adopted to the style better. Not expecting them to get any votes - more just to get the party started - I know there's the talent here to leave these in the dust! B)

Edited by Rolski Polski
  • Like 1

Here's another quick and dirty idea I just threw together literally since I replied to LatinXTC

woCA4E.jpg

That actually looks much more accurate to what FIFA would want! And I like it! But all you did was take one of the pillars from the Sagrada Familia lol

I was thinking if I was going to enter this contest, I would take a picture of a butt plug as a template and play around with that by adding things lol. The shape of the FIFA cup does look way too similar to a butt plug I've seen at a site lol

I was thinking if I was going to enter this contest, I would take a picture of a butt plug as a template and play around with that by adding things lol. The shape of the FIFA cup does look way too similar to a butt plug I've seen at a site lol

You're not the only one who has noticed the pallic similarities of the WC trophy.

13434839_10206594358086133_8766476968312

Sorry for the big image, I forgot to resize it.

So, I thought I'd have a go at it. I got inspired by Spanish artists such as Miro, Picasso and Gaudi (that's also when I realized that the Euro 2016 was also inspired by such artists...) and football of course. As for the colors, I went for the obvious red and yellow from the Spanish flag, and the blue is about Spain being a sea country (with the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean sea on both sides).

I'm not a designer. I hand-drew it on an Ipad, so it's not perfect, but I had a good time doing it. So thanks guys for this great idea! ^_^

• Like 1

That's interesting - first of all it looks more Latin American than Korean to me, and also that it says Korea Rep. Last couple of FIFA tournaments they've just said Korea - did our friends in the North get uppity about that? :lol:

Great to see you back Scot - are you gonna enter the comp? :)