2024 Olympic Host To Be Chosen in Lima, Peru

GBModerator

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I'm not going to keep on. Lima will Host the 130th IOC session and congress in 2017, no big deal. Anyway, seeing as though Lima will host the 130th IOC session and congress in 2017, that means they can't bid for 2024. I think due to geopolitics, South American Bids wouldn't have had much chance of hosting 2024 anyway because of Rio 2016, similar with Asia not standing much chance of hosting 2024 and 2026, due to Tokyo hosting 2020 and Beijing or Almaty (Most probably Beijing) hosting 2022.

Yeah, I'm not going to keep on. Lima will Host the 130th IOC session and congress in 2017, no big deal. Anyway, seeing as though Lima will host the 130th IOC session and congress in 2017, that means they can't bid for 2024. I think due to geopolitics, South American Bids wouldn't have had much chance of hosting 2024 anyway because of Rio 2016, similar with Asia not standing much chance of hosting 2024 and 2026, due to Tokyo hosting 2020 and Beijing or Almaty (Most probably Beijing) hosting 2022.

Wouldn't have thought Asia would have any shot for 2022 either though. Yet Beijing and Almaty were in there and now they're the only continent that can host. Obviously Summer Olympics are a different animal, but yea, I doubt we'll see another South American bid for a while to come. And Lima? Only 1 person here was championing their cause, let alone in the foreseeable future. So good for them they landed an IOC session because I doubt they're looking at much more anytime soon.

It is a waste of time talking with you properly.

7ON43.gif

Archived