European Stadiums that I believe deserve UEFA 5 Star Rating.

These are the European Stadiums, that I think deserve the UEFA 5 Star Rating. Some that I include, are already 5 Stars by UEFA, some were left out by UEFA. Here they are: (Bold = Existing 5 Star; Normal = I think deserve 5 Star): (These also include Under Construction/Proposed Stadiums).

Wembley Stadium, London, England (90,000 Seats).

Emirates Stadium, London, England (60,361 Seats).

Olympic Stadium, London, England (80,000 Seats (56,000 Seats)).

Nou Camp, Barcelona, Spain (100,000 Seats (Will be 106,000 Seats)).

Santiago Bernabeu, Madrid, Spain (85,000 Seats (Will be 95,000 Seats)).

Stadium La Peineta, Madrid, Spain (73,000 Seats).

San Mames Stadium, Bilbao, Spain (54,000 Seats).

Allianz Arena, Munich, Germany (71,000 Seats).

Signal Iduna Park, Dortmund, Germany (66,000 Seats, when All-Seater).

Veltins Arena, Gelsenkirchen, Germany (62,000 Seats).

Mercedes-Benz Arena, Stuttgart, Germany (61,000 Seats).

Imtech Arena, Hamburg, Germany (58,000 Seats).

Esprit Arena, Dusseldorf, Germany (55,000 Seats).

Commerzbank-Arena, Frankfurt, Germany (53,000 Seats).

RheinEnergieStadium, Cologne, Germany (51,000 Seats).

Aviva Stadium, Dublin, Republic of Ireland (51,700 Seats).

Millennium Stadium, Cardiff, Wales (75,000 Seats).

Stadium de France, Paris (St Denis), France (81,000 Seats).

Stadium Velodrome, Marseille, France (67,000 Seats).

Stadium des Lumieres, Lyon, France (61,000 Seats).

Grand Stadium Lille, Lille, France (51,000 Seats)

Amsterdam Arena, Amsterdam, Holland (53,000 Seats).

Stadium da Luz, Lisbon, Portugal (65,000 Seats).

Stadium do Dragao, Porto, Portugal (51,000 Seats).

Stadium Jose Alvalade, Lisbon, Portugal (50,000 Seats).

Baku Olympic Stadium, Baku, Azerbaijan (68,700 Seats).

Olympic Stadium, Athens, Greece (71,000 Seats).

New Puskas Ferenc Stadium, Budapest, Hungary (65,000 Seats).

National Stadium, Warsaw, Poland (58,000 Seats).

New Chorzow Stadium, Chorzow, Poland (56,000 Seats).

National Stadium, Bucharest, Romania (55,600 Seats).

Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow, Russia (81,000 Seats after Reconstruction).

Friends Arena, Stockholm (Solna), Sweden (50,000 Seats).

Ataturk Olympic Stadium, Istanbul, Turkey (76,000 Seats).

Turk Telekom Arena, Istanbul, Turkey (53,000 Seats).

Sukru Saracoglu Stadium, Istanbul, Turkey (51,000 Seats).

Olympic Stadium, Kiev, Ukraine (70,050 Seats).

Donbass Arena, Donetsk, Ukraine (53,000 Seats).

These are the Stadiums I believe deserve Highest Rating of UEFA European Stadiums. Of course, others might want to add/remove Stadiums, so feel free to create your own list. I've done my research on this. I believe Highest Rated Stadiums should be 50,000 or Higher Seating Capacity, Unobstructed Views and Modern.

You excluded Italy completely although Rome hosted the UCL Final in 2009 and Milan will do it in two years time. For Britain I would include at least Manchester and Glasgow, both also quite recent UCL Final hosts, even if the required capacity is now out of reach for the latter.

With Germany you seem to have taken the capacities with standing space, except for Dortmund, but they are smaller in all-seated mode in international matches. You forgot Berlin but it will host the UCL Final next year. Lyon is also under the 60k mark.

Valencia will also fulfill the requirements if the works are finished.

You excluded Italy completely although Rome hosted the UCL Final in 2009 and Milan will do it in two years time. For Britain I would include at least Manchester and Glasgow, both also quite recent UCL Final hosts, even if the required capacity is now out of reach for the latter.

With Germany you seem to have taken the capacities with standing space, except for Dortmund, but they are smaller in all-seated mode in international matches. You forgot Berlin but it will host the UCL Final next year. Lyon is also under the 60k mark.

Valencia will also fulfill the requirements if the works are finished.

I can understand where your coming from, but I have my reasons for excluding them Stadiums.

Italy. Since 2009, regulations are stricter now, hence why the Olympic Stadium in Rome would need a Renovation if used at UEFA Euro 2020. Also, Milan would also need a Renovation. It's not Official yet that Milan will get the UEFA Champions League Final, UEFA will decide at the end of May usually. Berlin has blindspots and as I wrote at the bottom of the original paragraphs, I believe that the Top Category Stadiums should be over 50,000 Seater Capacity, Modern and have Unobstructed Views. Olympic Stadium in Berlin has blindspots on the top tier, hence why I left it out, the same goes with the Juventus Stadium in Turin. Also, the Juventus Stadium in Turin is under 50,000 Seats (Capacity is 41,000 Seats). Lyon's Stadium will have 61,000 Seats, even with 58,000 Seats, it's still above 50,000 Seats. Allianz Arena would probably have 67,000 Seats in an All-Seater Mode. IMO, Juventus Stadium shouldn't of got the UEFA Europa League Final. I believe the UEFA Champions League Final Stadium's should be 60,000 or Higher Capacity and UEFA Europa League Final Stadium's should have between 50,000 and 60,000 Seats. I agree with you on Valencia's Stadium, I should of included that aswell. I should of also included the propsed New De Kuip in Rotterdam, Holland.

Archived