Russia 2018 Fifa World Cup Stadium Progress.

This topic is for any Russia 2018 Stadium news and updates. Here is the latest images from a few days ago on the progress of the Zenit Arena in St Petersburg - http://stadiumdb.com/constructions/rus/gazprom_arena - Source: StadiumDB.com. Personally, I don't like the design of the Zenit Arena, it will have quite a few blindspots and the facade will look boring.

I guess Russia wont have much problems building their stuff like Rio had. Still, I fear the same cases of corruption which haunted Sochi happen again.

I hate how the St. Peterburg stadium design changed so much from it's original, lovely render to the ugly newer ones.

I guess Russia wont have much problems building their stuff like Rio had. Still, I fear the same cases of corruption which haunted Sochi happen again.

I hate how the St. Peterburg stadium design changed so much from it's original, lovely render to the ugly newer ones.

I preferred the Gold Exterior Design, but that design lost in the design competition, now we have a blindspot, plain exterior, delayed Stadium.

• 4 weeks later...

Some construction updates for two 2018 Fifa World Cup Stadiums:

Otkritie Arena, Moscow - http://stadiumdb.com/constructions/rus/stadion_spartak - Source: StadiumDB.com

Zenit Arena, St Petersburg - http://stadiumdb.com/constructions/rus/gazprom_arena - Source: StadiumDB.com

Possible 2018 Fifa World Cup training Venue? Construction updates on the FK Krasnodar Stadium, Krasnodar - http://stadiumdb.com/constructions/rus/fk_krasnodar_stadion - Source: StadiumDB.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Possible Training Venue? FK Krasnodar Stadium in Krasnodar Construction Updates - http://stadiumdb.com/constructions/rus/fk_krasnodar_stadion - Source: StadiumDB.com

• 1 month later...

Now that the 2014 Fifa World Cup in Brazil is over, we now prepare for Future Sporting Events, including the 2018 Fifa World Cup in Russia. Here are the Host Stadiums and Cities:

Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow - 81,000 Seats.

Spartak Stadium, Moscow - 46,000 Seats.

Zenit Arena, St Petersburg - 68,000 Seats.

Kazan Arena, Kazan - 45,105 Seats.

Fisht Olympic Stadium, Sochi - 47,000 Seats.

Baltic Arena, Kaliningrad - 45,000 Seats.

New Nizhny Novgorod Stadium, Nizhny Novgorod - 45,000 Seats.

Central Stadium, Volgograd - 45,000 Seats.

New Samara Stadium, Samara - 45,000 Seats.

New Saransk Stadium, Saransk - 45,000 Seats.

Central Stadium, Yekaterinburg - 45,000 Seats.

New Rostov-On-Don Stadium, Rostov-On-Don - 44,000 Seats.

You mean São Paulo? Rio wasn't much trouble to build stuff

Most Stadiums below 50K and I fear that not even those small stadiums will be sold out. :angry:

Anyone here going to Russia? No one?

Btw. Bezzi you must switch Germany and Italy in your signature, we are now on Rank 2! :D

Most Stadiums below 50K and I fear that not even those small stadiums will be sold out. :angry:

Btw. Bezzi you must switch Germany and Italy in your signature, we are now on Rank 2! :D

Nizhny Novgorod sounds so tempting to visit. Or Saransk. Or Samara. Or maybe not.

I had such a good time watching the World Cup in Rio, I'm very seriously thinking of not going to Pyeongchang in '18 and going to the World Cup instead. Sochi 2014 was a ton of fun.... I might not like a lot of what the Russian government is doing, but that won't stop me from going back.

Come on, Russia can host a great tournament. I'm only afraid about Qatar.

Sem_t_tulo.jpg

A good solid crop of stadia there, and this is where FIFA were bought. Still Russia will deliver, the event at least, if not the atmosphere. Still feel we have seen our last real full on WC for a long while.

Im sure he does realize that. Great technical bid, great presentation but standing alone and calling for FIFA to change while the rest of the world stands by shuffles their feet and pretends all is well, in case it effects their future hosting of the world cup means it won't be England in my lifetime.

British papers can root out the scandal, the rest of the footballing world can reap the rewards. Shall we all agree to that.

I for one am looking forward to the USA hosting twice in my lifetime, possibly even three times before England gets the world cup again.

You do realise that the whole Voting was a fraud. Don't let them Voting numbers fool You.

How are votes a fraud? They are what they are. Reminds me of a joke. A man impolitely asks a woman, "are they real." She answers, "they better be, I paid good money for them."

How are votes a fraud? They are what they are. Reminds me of a joke. A man impolitely asks a woman, "are they real." She answers, "they better be, I paid good money for them."

So if Votes can't be frauds, why is everybody complaining about Qatar Hosting? Because Qatar brought Votes, just like Russia did. Who knows? The rest of the Voting Process could be corrupt. The Voting Process needs to be completely re-done.

So if Votes can't be frauds, why is everybody complaining about Qatar Hosting? Because Qatar brought Votes, just like Russia did. Who knows? The rest of the Voting Process could be corrupt. The Voting Process needs to be completely re-done.

You're not getting the World Cup in 2018 or 2022 or 2026 so just drop it.

Because it's been all but proven that there was bribery and corruption involved in Qatar winning that vote. The same has not been proven about Russia. For you to say "could be" sounds more like you still being butt hurt over England losing. You're absolutely right the voting process needs to be re-done because FIFA is a sham of an organization. But let this one go. Russia won. How do you justify taking the World Cup away from them and giving it to England? And if you're going to answer that, do so without invoking Qatar in your answer because that has nothing to do with it.

• 1 month later...

Archived